Bobby Hebert had a career 12-0 record against AFC Teams by 1991 as a Saint Quarterback (1 Viewer)

Is Morton Andersen a turncoat? He also went to the Falcons.
Something that fascinates me about the early era of free agency - and I’ve not seen any writing about - is how many players would leave their team and sign with a division rival. As Saints fans, we saw lots of guys go to the 49ers or Panthers, Seth Joyner left Philly for the Cardinals, Gary Clark left Washington for the Cardinals, of course Marcus Allen chose to stick it to Al Davis by signing with the Chiefs and surpassing 10,000 rushing yards there, Thurman Thomas finished his career in Miami, and these are just a few high-profile examples I thought of right away. There were so many others.

Village idiot couldn’t win a playoff game, who cares what he did against a weak conference back then

The sooner we all realize that these guys are all essentially independent contractors who mostly have very little loyalty to a team logo or city like we do, the better. Hell, there are literally guys in the league that don’t even like playing at the NFL level at all, much less the team they play for, but they do it because they are good at it and it makes them rich.

For a large portion of the players, arguably the majority, the NFL is simply a business venture.
well said

Hof'er Jack Lambert grew up as a huge fan of the Browns> Tom Landry was a Giants fan . He played for them
and they give him his break in coaching. Terry Bradshaw has been a Saints fan all his life. I could go on.

I still cringe a bit when a poster says I hope ( fill in the blank ) FA will give us a hometown discount. He shouldn''t.
His goal should be to make as much money as possible for him and his family while he can.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom