Bryce Young isn't ready. (3 Viewers)

He needed a better QB to work alongside...Dalton was probably THE WORST QB they could've picked up for the job

Ha, I'd forgotten there was a poster on here last season who had an irrational hatred for Dalton.....guessing that was/is you.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we're no longer having to debate Winston vs. Dalton vs. Hill, but to act like Bryce Young can't possibly learn anything from a guy who was a 10 year starter and even made the playoffs a few times is just nuts.

Bryce will be fine if he stays healthy. He has the tools, they are just a bad offensive team. He keeps his composure and that's half the battle. His team didn't help him much last night.

He looks really small, and not just short but light. He looks like he has some mobility, but he doesn't look super fast, and he's not built like Kyler Murray or Russell Wilson, who are about the same height but I think both are a little thicker in the chest, so I don't think they're going to want him to run all that much.

It's too early to make any career assessments, especially considering the quality of defense he was up against, but I didn't see anything that scared me or gave me a sinking feeling of "oh sheet, this guy's going to be a pain in the arse for the next decade." We'll see if that changes the next time we play him, when he'll have a few more games under his belt.

He doesn't have a great supporting case and you can tell by the look and body language the game is moving way faster than he is used too.....

What happened to the big guy from last year? Patterson?

Also...you're seeing firsthand that getting a QB without anything else is a fools errand. Atlanta did their rebuild right. Got skill players and then took a flyer on a midtound QB
You see what desperation does to a team.

He was lost all night save for a garbage time TD. He needs a full year or two to develop.
Yeah they know that but even with a better QB they not winning anything this year so let the talented rookie learn and take his bad with his good now instead of later. At some point he has to be a rookie so might as well get it over with now.

Yeah he looked totally overwhelmed. He showed NOTHING to build on. Just a total fail. Our D is great though. He will have some easier games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom