Buccee’s (1 Viewer)

Well then it’s all personal preference
Absolutely. And Slovaceks vs Czech Stop kolache debate is the central Texas version of McKenzie’s vs Tastee Donuts king cake debate.

I've never had sausage from either of those 2 places, but I find the kolaches to be pretty close. And I'm referring to the fruit filled kolaches, not the sausage rolls donut shops might refer to as kolaches.

One main difference where Czech Stop wins hands-down, is walking in and being hit with the heavenly aroma of baked sweet dough.

If you happen to be traveling up or down I-35 in the AM hours and you don’t mind adding 10 min to your trip, hit up Nightlight Donuts in Woodway (Waco). I mean, if someone happens to be on the hunt for the best sausage roll in Texas, otherwise prob not worth it. That place uses sausage from Helberg bbq and the roll itself is the real McCoy.

You I - 10 people have a higher standard for gas station food than us I - 20 people.

It maybe mediocre for you guys, but beaver nuggets and brisket sandwiches are a nice break from Hunt Brother's pizza and crispy crunchy chicken to us yankees.

look, i am definitely not above Buccee's fine cuisine but i generally loathe places that are designed to make you spend more money than you want to

and when i am on the road, i am not typically looking for a place to grocery shop for junk food...i just want to gas up and grab some coffee and gtfo

look, i am definitely not above Buccee's fine cuisine but i generally loathe places that are designed to make you spend more money than you want to

and when i am on the road, i am not typically looking for a place to grocery shop for junk food...i just want to gas up and grab some coffee and gtfo
Yeah, then clearly Buccee's isn't the place to stop with that goal in mind. Buccee's is a destination that people will plan to stop along their trips. I do go to the nearby Buccee's for gas, but it's the ethanol free stuff which I prefer to put in my lawn equipment. And they're the closest place that sells it. I get the gas, and I leave. But it's 20 mins away so it's not like some big novelty on a road trip.

Yeah, then clearly Buccee's isn't the place to stop with that goal in mind. Buccee's is a destination that people will plan to stop along their trips. I do go to the nearby Buccee's for gas, but it's the ethanol free stuff which I prefer to put in my lawn equipment. And they're the closest place that sells it. I get the gas, and I leave. But it's 20 mins away so it's not like some big novelty on a road trip.
on road trips now i need to stop at least every 3 hours since 2 back surgeries in the last 18 months. so definitely planning buc-ee's for a stop to loosen up.

I travel very differently with the wife and kids in tow than I do if it's just me or me and some buddies.

Ain’t nobody making you go to Buccees.

Just heard on the local news that Buccee's is looking into buying land on the west side of Ruston, LA at the new exit 83 Tarbutton Rd.
NICE!!

From what I have found out the Lincoln Parish Police Jury is set to discuss and vote on the proposal tomorrow night. (there's a tax incentive involved). I assume that if it passes, and in my opinion it should, It will go forward. It will create somewhere around 200 jobs not including the construction jobs over 1-2 years and more tax revenue for the state, parish, and city than the tax incentive will cost.

Last edited:
From what I have found out the Lincoln Parish Police Jury is set to discuss and vote on the proposal tomorrow night. (there's a tax incentive involved). I assume that if it passes, and in my opinion it should, It will go forward. It will create somewhere around 200 jobs not including the construction jobs over 1-2 years and more tax revenue for the state, parish, and city than the tax incentive will cost.

The only problem I’ve ever had with this is that Buccee’s is going to build that gas station, no matter what. The placement of their stations fits inside a business model. If they’ve already bought the land, then they are going to build on it no matter what. It’s kinda dumb to give them money.

The same happened when i was living in Denton, TX. Buccee’s wanted to build there after Coppel, TX (right down the road) denied them building permits. Buccee‘s had bought the land for both locations. Coppel wasn’t offering them any incentives and they still wanted to build there. After the permits were denied, they bought a bunch of land in Denton and started the same process. Denton gave them millions. It made zero sense. Bucees was going to build that station and the city gave them a stupid amount of money that they didn’t need to give.

I’m just sick of this corporate welfare.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom