Buccee’s (1 Viewer)

The only problem I’ve ever had with this is that Buccee’s is going to build that gas station, no matter what. The placement of their stations fits inside a business model. If they’ve already bought the land, then they are going to build on it no matter what. It’s kinda dumb to give them money.

The same happened when i was living in Denton, TX. Buccee’s wanted to build there after Coppel, TX (right down the road) denied them building permits. Buccee‘s had bought the land for both locations. Coppel wasn’t offering them any incentives and they still wanted to build there. After the permits were denied, they bought a bunch of land in Denton and started the same process. Denton gave them millions. It made zero sense. Bucees was going to build that station and the city gave them a stupid amount of money that they didn’t need to give.

I’m just sick of this corporate welfare.
Well said.

The only problem I’ve ever had with this is that Buccee’s is going to build that gas station, no matter what. The placement of their stations fits inside a business model. If they’ve already bought the land, then they are going to build on it no matter what. It’s kinda dumb to give them money.

The same happened when i was living in Denton, TX. Buccee’s wanted to build there after Coppel, TX (right down the road) denied them building permits. Buccee‘s had bought the land for both locations. Coppel wasn’t offering them any incentives and they still wanted to build there. After the permits were denied, they bought a bunch of land in Denton and started the same process. Denton gave them millions. It made zero sense. Bucees was going to build that station and the city gave them a stupid amount of money that they didn’t need to give.

I’m just sick of this corporate welfare.
Coming in from a point of ignorance here but why buy land in both locations if it’s right down the road. They don’t build them close together. Buying both lands seems like they were pitting them against each other from go. Could it be that denying the permit was because they already knew they were not going to win that bid?

Coming in from a point of ignorance here but why buy land in both locations if it’s right down the road. They don’t build them close together. Buying both lands seems like they were pitting them against each other from go. Could it be that denying the permit was because they already knew they were not going to win that bid?

I wasn't clear. The bought the property in Coppel first. After everything fell through, the bought the property in Denton.

Stopped at one in Baytown, all they had was coke when it came to fountain drinks, not cool

With the possible exception of In n Out Burger- there is nothing that deserves the absolute cult-like following and dedication that Buccee’s gets… BUT i will give them this, they do a great job with cleanliness and organization, especially in re to their restroom area .
I’d say WhataBurger has a cult following here in Texas

With the possible exception of In n Out Burger- there is nothing that deserves the absolute cult-like following and dedication that Buccee’s gets… BUT i will give them this, they do a great job with cleanliness and organization, especially in re to their restroom area .
Consider the region
Consider the other cults the region supports
Maybe recalibrate your assessment of cults/followings

We need a Buccee's Saints Report meet up!

Discovered one in north Georgia yesterday. It’s the Redneck Nieman-Marcus. Plentiful tasty highway eats and merch.

We need a Buccee's Saints Report meet up!

Happy to meet up with the Denver area SR family when the new location opens in Loveland.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom