Burgersmith - Lafayette Louisiana (1 Viewer)

kcirdor

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
http://burgersmith.com/

New restaurant opening up soon in Lafayette. I got to sample the food today in a crew training session. The Smith Burgers are very good. On the level with Judice Inn or the Southside Bakery. It is located in River Ranch on Camelia across the median from WoW Wingery. Just a heads up, I think they open the store next week.

If you want it done right, there’s just one place to go.

Not long ago, if you wanted bread, you went to a baker. For fresh produce, you walked to the
market and saw the local farmer. And for the best beef, your best friend was a butcher.
You knew where to find the experts – right around the corner, right in your neighborhood.

We think that’s how it is with hamburgers. If you want a real burger – a real burger,
mind you – you gotta go to a Burgersmith.

Burgersmith rounds up all the freshest ingredients – the buns, the veggies and the sweet, juicy
beef – and crafts them into the tastiest, most authentic burgers around.

Burgersmith is handcrafted hamburgers in the age of Wi-Fi and big screens. As a for-instance,
we tried 29 different blends of beef before achieving our lean, juicy, flavorful recipe. And we
bring in our USDA Prime beef all the way from Chicago – a place known for the quality and overall
fanciness of its beef. The Burgersmith tosses that fresh beef patty onto a slab of hot iron and
hand-forges a one-of-a-kind thing of beauty.

Just stop by your local Burgersmith and see how it’s done. Wherever you see the Burgersmith sign,
you’ll know there’s a place where hamburgers are made with honest-to-goodness craftsmanship.

Oh yea and they support local breweries as most their selection of beer is from Louisiana

Last edited:
Sweet! I've heard about this place. Don't think it will top Judice Inn but it will be a nice addition to the change up list (Southside, Ground Patti, Pete's, etc).

Sweet! I've heard about this place. Don't think it will top Judice Inn but it will be a nice addition to the change up list (Southside, Ground Patti, Pete's, etc).

well a couple people eating with me said, "Mmm these are better than Judice Inn"... so take it for what its worth as just another opinion.

well i'll post again when I know for sure it is open.

Cool, can't ever have too many good burger places in a town!
Thanks for the heads up.

I never understood the fascination with Judice Inn. I think their burgers are good (not great) and you gotta eat about 5 of em to fill you up.

IMO, Fat Pat's blows the competition away. Then Southside, then The Icehouse in Youngsville.

I'm always up for a good burger, guess I'll have to check out Burgersmith.

Yea, Fat Pats has some great burgers.

I went to Fat Pats last Saturday night. I try to go there at least once every two weeks. I must admit the last two times I was there, the burgers sucked to the highest order. I hope this in not a trend because I really like the Skinny Pat.

Judice Inn has the best burger in Lafayette. Southside has a good burger, but like the newer burger joints they seem to base how good the burger is off of the bun itself. Ground Patti, as of late, can't seem to figure out how to cook the damn burger. At times, the burger is bright pink, which is a no- no for burgers. By the way, Legends has a great burger on Bertrand and even a better burger at the Annex Downtown.

I only eat meat, so I consider myself a good judge of burgers in town.

Where is Fat Pat's located?

Off of Verot School RD, near Pinhook. Kinda near the Shop Rite. It is somewhat of a new shopping center. Let me know if you ever wanna go there, 2 for 1 drinks all day, every day.

The burger I had today had some dark pink in the middle not bright pink. The burger was very juicy. The bread was great, Soft and sweet. The burger was pretty large. It was definantly a napkin heavy burger. The onions are sliced a bit to thin. It might be better to eat it sliced in half so it isn't as juicy. But then again I think i was the only person that had a extra juicy burger.

The fries are cajun style. Just a little too seasoned, but that was noted today as that was about the only complaint from our group. They might take that down a notch.

Dates I have for Opening now are b/w August 3rd and August 7th.

All my life(44 years) i have heard how good Judice Inn burger were but never had one until a year or so ago. I got a single cheeseburger and was thoroughly disappointed. Maybe it was all the hype but to be honest, it sucked. THEN one day I ordered a DOUBLE cheeseburger. Completely different beast and quickly fell in love with them. Of course i am the same with the singles at Wendy's and Sonic. It has to be a double. BK Whoppers on the other hand are better as singles to me. Southside's are ok but the bread is too chewy. Max's still makes a pretty good burger as does Vieux Chene's golf course but I have not eaten there in a long time. Never had Ground Patti.

I never understood the fascination with Judice Inn. I think their burgers are good (not great) and you gotta eat about 5 of em to fill you up.

IMO, Fat Pat's blows the competition away. Then Southside, then The Icehouse in Youngsville.

I'm always up for a good burger, guess I'll have to check out Burgersmith.

Agreed. I never really cared for judice. too greasy, not the best of seasoning either. Fat Pat's, Southside, the IceHouse, and Red's gym are my favorites. Morvants is better than Judice. Heck, the truckstop burger near La Triumph is better than Judice.

Agreed. I never really cared for judice. too greasy, not the best of seasoning either. Fat Pat's, Southside, the IceHouse, and Red's gym are my favorites. Morvants is better than Judice. Heck, the truckstop burger near La Triumph is better than Judice.

You live in Branch, so I'm assuming you've tried a burger from Gabe's in Rayne. Fantastic burger.

Oh and that place in Iowa. Big Daddy's I think. Delicious burger.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom