Burgersmith - Lafayette Louisiana (2 Viewers)

There are Moody ties, but Braxton is not involved. The two men primarily responsible for operations are Russ Umbricht and Denny Hensgens. Sharp young men.

As for the burger review, it ranks up there as one of the best burgers I've had. Their goal was to rival the best burgers in town and they succeeded. :9: Peoples preferences may vary for personal reasons, but this is a very good burger. Quality meat. The fries rival one of my old favorites - The Brass Rail - that is no longer around. I'm hesitant to comment because I was involved with the reataurant's development so I can be painted as being biased, but I genuinely love the product. I'm curious to see other reviews after they officially open.

Wow, Im curious. What do you do for a living? If it has anything to do with being a food critic or developing restaurants, I am jealous.

Years ago Lafayette had a great hamburger place called Beau's Place located on Pinhook across the street from where Blue Dog is currently located. Since it closed perhaps 15-20 years ago, I have not found a hamburger as good in Lafayette--and certainly nothing as good at the hamburger at Port of Call.

Morvant's in Youngsville is pretty good. Like LaFonda's, Judice Inn is a Lafayette thing--its hamburgers for my taste are much too greasy. And I find the hamburger at Southside to taste like meatloaf. I have never eaten at Fat Pat's, but need to try it at least once because, though I am not supposed to be eating hamburgers, I love a good hamburger.

And I will try Burgersmith, which is within walking distance from my office.

went today with my mom and wife... all 3 agree that fat pats is better. just wasnt great. i compare it to backyard burgers... prices are reasonable but food isnt up to par to what i was expecting...

Even though I am not supposed to be eating hamburgers, I will at least try Burgersmith, but it is also clear I need to visit Fat Pat's.

If Burgersmith does not offer a superior product, it will have challenges surviving. Its prices are higher, and River Ranch has limited pedestrian traffic (though the apartment construction there keeps going on). And it seems clear that Burgersmith was designed to be a restaurant chain.

fat pats isnt that good. I put it below southside, petes, and judice for sure.

i never tried southside, petes or judice.

but if u think fat pats is below all 3 of those. dont even go to this place. wasnt worth it...

if you do, dont get the smith fries. i LOVE spicy food and i could barely take the heat on those fries. they put cayenne pepper and crushed red pepper on them... it was insanely hot to the point its not even good.

what is your actual review of the burger without saying so and so is better? I agree on the fries. Way to hot, and just not that great.

the burger was decent. little greasy but the patty was ok. not overly huge. good amount of food. fries sucked to me. i shouldnt have gotten the hot ones. wont know how the others are because im not going back.

the whole thing kinda reminds me of fast food. you go to the counter to place your order. get your own drink. pump the ketchup into the little mcdonalds type containers. only difference is the price is too high for "fast food" and they'll bring it to your table.

drink is $2. fries are $2. burger was $6. so $10 for fast food is too high for me...

needless to say theres no tip since i walked up to place my order and fixed my drink. not tipping someone to walk it out to me 10ft away...

the whole thing kinda reminds me of fast food. you go to the counter to place your order. get your own drink. pump the ketchup into the little mcdonalds type containers. only difference is the price is too high for "fast food" and they'll bring it to your table.

drink is $2. fries are $2. burger was $6. so $10 for fast food is too high for me...

needless to say theres no tip since i walked up to place my order and fixed my drink. not tipping someone to walk it out to me 10ft away...
Sounds like the burger version of Otters.

Just got back. I tried the Cajun Bratwerzt (sp?). Pretty Good.

If you've went tried the burger and decided not to go back, i'd suggest getting one of the Cajun Bratwerzt to go and try it out.

Now I liked the burger and I liked this but Im not sure which I like best yet. I want to try another burger first.

Good Food, a little pricey but I guess that is expected with the location of the restaurant.

Just got back. Pretty good burger. Patty was well seasoned, had a fresh, tasty flavor, and the bun was nice and soft. The Smith fries were definitely on the spicy side, but I'm a fan of spice so they worked for me. Reasonable prices, the wife and I got away with $18 for a couple burgs, fries, and a beer. Overall, I'd give it a 7.5, at this point still behind Fat Pat's and Judice Inn in my book. The location is the best part for me, can definitely see myself as a semi-regular at worst.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom