Burgersmith - Lafayette Louisiana (3 Viewers)

You live in Branch, so I'm assuming you've tried a burger from Gabe's in Rayne. Fantastic burger.

Oh and that place in Iowa. Big Daddy's I think. Delicious burger.

Yes; but I like the places both you and I listed better than Gabe's and Big Daddy's.

PS- I judge a burger on overall taste of meat minus the condiments. In other words, of the patty standing alone. How well it is seasoned, how juicy it is, the blend, the flavor. All other things to me, are inconsequential to a truly good burger. Granted, homegrown tomatoes, romaine lettuce, expensive cheese, heinz mustard, great bread all go a long way to improving the burger; but the bar of measuring it should be the meat.

Personally, if I am making a burger myself, I use ground pork, becuase it is so much more flavorful. There are more types of seasoning than I can count, and i have a cabinet full of the different brands sold at grocery marts and at meat markets around lafayette. With pork, I like using Nunu's seasoning mixed with tiger dust or slap your mama mixed with mcCormick montreal chicken seasoning and worchester pepper.

I saw something like a Modern Marvels on Burgers on one of the cable channels, and towards the end, they showed this place in Philidelphia that has burgers made from exotic game. Buffalo is the easiest on the palate to someone not used to exotic game, but they had just about every thing you can think of. I think there is even a website you can order exotic meats from. They also showed the ground beef from japan or China, I forget the name of the type of ground beef it is called, but it comes out to like a $40 burger. Something with how the cow is raised makes this the delicacy of all ground beef.

There's also J.B Snubs ( old Bun's), Morvants' in Youngsville. Crazy about Crawfish in Breaux Bridge. Morvants' was always my standard for burgers. Just like Ole Time for po-boys. Oh gotta throw in Baja Grill!! I never thought Judice was all that great.

I saw something like a Modern Marvels on Burgers on one of the cable channels, and towards the end, they showed this place in Philidelphia that has burgers made from exotic game. Buffalo is the easiest on the palate to someone not used to exotic game, but they had just about every thing you can think of. I think there is even a website you can order exotic meats from. They also showed the ground beef from japan or China, I forget the name of the type of ground beef it is called, but it comes out to like a $40 burger. Something with how the cow is raised makes this the delicacy of all ground beef.
Probably Kobe beef. At the burger bar in the Mandalay Bay I once bought a burger for $70 (curiousity got the best of me and I just had to) it came w/ a kobe beef patty, a lobster tail, fresh shaved truffles and carmelized onions....so good...probably wouldn't buy it again but it was awesome.

Yeah, it was definately Kobe beef. For some reason a word beggining with C was in my mind but I couldn't remember it. And I heard the explanation of why it is so expensive- something to do with the cows are very pampered. Morvant's is good. And if you are in Broussard and want an Old Tyme special poboy, go to BJ's near the library on Morgan. Murphy (the owner of Old Tyme) owns that as well. He just never bothered to change the name and depends on word of mouth. Worth every penny.

Looking forward to Burgersmith since it is about a mile from my house. Like someone mentioned, you can't have enough good burger joints in a city. The picture/billboard of the burger they had up for a while looked like the old Cajun Blaze from Burger Tyme, which was one of the greatest feats of meat in the history of american cuisine. Same owners/family as the old Burger Tyme franchise, so wouldn't be surprised if its got that similar kick.

well their original name for the Company was BT burgers...

so you may be on to something ;)

PJ's in Crowley makes a decent burger as well. They have excellent french fry seasoning they get from Targil in Oppelousas. C'est Bon? in Mermantau uses the same seasoning on boiled crawfish and it goes so well.

Looking forward to Burgersmith since it is about a mile from my house. Like someone mentioned, you can't have enough good burger joints in a city. The picture/billboard of the burger they had up for a while looked like the old Cajun Blaze from Burger Tyme, which was one of the greatest feats of meat in the history of american cuisine. Same owners/family as the old Burger Tyme franchise, so wouldn't be surprised if its got that similar kick.

Braxton Moody?

About to head to burgersmith right now. Burger review soon to follow.

Braxton Moody?

There are Moody ties, but Braxton is not involved. The two men primarily responsible for operations are Russ Umbricht and Denny Hensgens. Sharp young men.

As for the burger review, it ranks up there as one of the best burgers I've had. Their goal was to rival the best burgers in town and they succeeded. :9: Peoples preferences may vary for personal reasons, but this is a very good burger. Quality meat. The fries rival one of my old favorites - The Brass Rail - that is no longer around. I'm hesitant to comment because I was involved with the reataurant's development so I can be painted as being biased, but I genuinely love the product. I'm curious to see other reviews after they officially open.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom