Can everyone SHUT UP about Reggie and Freddie? (1 Viewer)

Freddy Thomas gets burned every week. Not like people are just looking at todays game and thinking of stuff to complain about.

Hopefully Freddy Thomas doesn't have another 10 tackles this game like hes been doing. Tired of hearing about how great a tackler he is when he wouldn't even have to make those tackles if he could stop anyone from catching the ball.

I don't get the pass for Fred Thomas. How does Mckenzie shutting down his side of the field "overwhelm" Fred? Teams pick on Thomas all game every game.

He needs to go right after Craft. Then we need to sign Clement. Fred Thomas had 10 passes completed on him last week....guess how much he gets paid? 5 million a year....Mckenzie had 2 passes completed on him....guess how much he gets paid? 5.6 million a year.

Whos really overpaid and overrated?

Huh? Hes practically shut his side down all year. Sunday a grand total of 2 passes were completed on his side of the field. Thats about his average the whole year.

He gives up 3 long passes (while being on the guy like white on rice I might add...he has not been "burnt" all year.) and suddenly he can't defend the pass?

Meanwhile Freddy "15 tackles a game because i give up that many passes" Thomas gets a pass.

I pray every night that we can land Clement at the end of the year. Hes the missing piece in that secondary. Then we could move Thomas to the Nickel where he belongs.

This is a prime example of exaggerating, a ton. McKenzie is clearly the better corner and consistently shuts his side of the field while teams throw all over fred thomas. Fred can do one thing....tackle. But what good is 12 tackles a game when all 12 are after a guy has caught a pass for a FD.

Mckenzie has gotten beat deep 3 times this year. 3 times. Chris McAlister got beat deep 3 times in 1 game this past weekend. Those 3 times Mike was all over the reciever and it was a perfect pass. I'd also gurantee you can count his PI penalties called against him on one hand.

But yet people like to say hes garbage and always gets beat deep? Its just plain not true. Fred Thomas is the weak link in that secondary. Craft is not even a link...he just needs to be gone.

Is he overpaid...probably, but that doesn't change the fact that he is our best corner. What he gets paid really isn't that important to me. I'm not the one writing the checks. If hes out there doing his job i'm fine with it. BTW you won't get clement for the amount MM is getting paid. That guy is gonna want alot more. I want to have both of them.

Thank you. Finally someone with some facts. I was wondering how much FT made.

Can't belive hes getting that much to be a bad #2 corner.

Whoever here says MM gets burnt more the Freddie must not watch many games.

Whats your definition of burnt? 50 yards? Freddie was killed in the carolina game over and over and over. Hes been killed in all but 2 games this season. Meanwhile they don't even throw to MM's side of the field but he gives up one play a game and all the sudden hes terrible?

To much snap judgement and not enough actual watching of the film.

Theres Fred Thomas getting burnt again..Of course the only person we bash on this board is Mckenzie who is once again shutting down his side of the field.

Fred Thomas burnt again...Overpaid and he isn't any good.

I've been sayign it all week. Its been a nonstop bash fest of Mckenzie while people give Thomas a pass because he "can tackle". Last time I checked Mike has 3 tackles on RB's this game to stop them for no yardage and hes shut down his side of the field (something he does every week).

Teams do nothing but pick on Thomas all game.

Great Job Thomas...
This was sarcasm after Galloway's 2nd TD when Thomas was not even covering him.

I noticed that after seeing the replay. It was his side of the field and a deep pass....not exactly a stupid mistake to think it was him.

Why would Fujita be covering him anyway. Someone had to of blown some kind of assignment.

Doesn't change the fact that Thomas has been terrible this game. He just happened to not give up that play.

So, how do you feel about Fred Thomas?

That must have taken some time to piece together bclemms... I applaud your effort. :)

doesnt matter to me how one player plays to me it is what the team does if reggie wants to run backwards and freddie gets burned and end up with 6-2 record after 8 games i say the team is doing something right

I'm not a fan of Fred Thomas. We all have different opinions and are entitled to them.

Like I have said, it's great that we won, but don't be so much a of homer to not watch football plays and be objective!

I agree we all have are own opinions and we are free to express them but good god if the only thing you can do is dog out certain players after we go on the road and beat a divisional rival by 17 points then you are nothing more than a drag and most people don't want to hear it. So far Fred Thomas has outplayed Rhonde Barber, Samari Rolle and Chris MCallister the last two games we played. No, he isn't Champ Bailey but neither are the other 161 corners in the league.

Tampa did the same thing that Baltimore did, take away the run and make us beat them with the pass. We did just that.:ezbill:

I just hurt my ankle, its as big as a tennis ball. I was out throwing in my Brees jersey and I fell in a hole. I know how Reggie feels, haha. He will be as effective as ever when that ankle fully heals (and learns how to hit his holes).

I think they need to go back to the game plan with Reggie from the first half of the year. Toss him the ball on swing passes, run a few trick plays or what ever you callthem with him. Get him in space remember that was the key. Stop running him as a RB. Let him play Wr some of the game. Go back to being the decoy.

But the Saints can't just do that. If he never carries the ball from the RB position then other teams will read that key and not follow the play action.

The problem is that they want to run Reggie like a RB and he is just not getting anything. I know everyone has to struggle but I think they should put him in the receivers slot more often. We still rock so it really doesn't matter. I just can't wait until we really explode. Offense seems to be really clicking with Brees leading the pack. Go Saints.

This was sarcasm after Galloway's 2nd TD when Thomas was not even covering him.

So, how do you feel about Fred Thomas?

Almost all of those were in responce to threads about how bad Mckenzie is (been alot of them this week for some reason). I'll admit I've been to hard on the guy. Hes an ok corner. Just wish people would judge him and Mckenzie on the same plateau. They get payed the same. They play the same position.

I haven't made one thread about Fred Thomas being a bad corner. Not a single one. I simply was responding in others people started. Sorry if you got the wrong impression that I'm gunning for him. I'm not. Almost all of those were along the lines of someone saying "Mckenzie can't tackle and gets burnt every play" so I would respond "Fred Thomas is the one getting thrown all over". It wasn't that I just felt like bashing Fred.

every corner gets beaten, heck, look at how bad chris shutdown mccallister has been beaten by us an the panthers.
granted raven's did beat us thanks to a bunch of mental breakdowns.
hopefully, that was our one game this year, like the bears had today.

Almost all of those were in responce to threads about how bad Mckenzie is (been alot of them this week for some reason). I'll admit I've been to hard on the guy. Hes an ok corner. Just wish people would judge him and Mckenzie on the same plateau. They get payed the same. They play the same position.

I haven't made one thread about Fred Thomas being a bad corner. Not a single one. I simply was responding in others people started. Sorry if you got the wrong impression that I'm gunning for him. I'm not. Almost all of those were along the lines of someone saying "Mckenzie can't tackle and gets burnt every play" so I would respond "Fred Thomas is the one getting thrown all over". It wasn't that I just felt like bashing Fred.

I can't say I haven't done the same. I just got really worked up the last two weeks when everyone has been jumping down the throat of our corners when our pass defense is ranked 9th overall in the NFL. If Joey Galloway or Derrick Mason were not any good then they wouldn't be in the NFL. Every corner gets beat, Champ Bailey included. Some corners are liabilities and give up huge plays every game. Look what happened to Darrent Williams last week against the Colts. It happens. What everyone that has been slamming our corners have failed to realize is that even though our corners get burnt some that they are getting beat less than the average corner in the NFL and they are doing it playing man defense. If our corners weren't at least capable then our coaches wouldn't have them running man. Both of our corners are far better than average against the run and they both will hit guys hard enough that opposing WR's think about catching passes over the middle. They both can jam up WR on the line and they both can run with most NFL WR's. They both do have their weak points in their game, namely speed but every corner has a weakness somewhere in there game. Fred Thomas and MM both could make more plays but both would have to gamble more to do it. I just wish people would get off their case or at least wait until they give up 200 yards passing to start the bashing. Sorry to single you out, you just happened to be the person I noticed firing at Thomas and I do realize you were taking up for MM.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom