Capitalism (1 Viewer)

Cool. Maybe we'll follow other countries' lead now and have free universal healthcare.
I agree with good, serviceable across-the-board free universal health care but seriously charging people in some European countries to use the bathroom in train stations, sometimes restaurants, supermarkets where here in most U.S. cities, simply stopping at a local Wal-Mart or Walmart Neighborhood store or a gas station and relieving one self for no charge is bullshirt and ridiculous and a slick, cash grab that I don't understand.

I find it more then a bit stupid and borderline unethical to even charge people small sums to take a piss or sheet in a bathroom. I know in countries like Australia in hospitals patients have to pay to watch T.V.'s in their hospital rooms or its added as a write-off, but making hospital patients pay to watch their TVs isn't the same as compelling them also to pay a little bit of money to use the bathroom because they have a bad case of diarrhea or even worse, gastroenteritis.

You better believe that if I have to pay to use the restroom I will get my damned moneys worth
You shouldn't have to pay to use the bathroom at all. That's the absurd part or premise about why they have this policy in some European countries.

I remember walking around the city, and walked into a bar to goto the bathroom. Bartender made me buy a beer. I didn't have a problem with that. Just buy a small item for common courtesy, or if they are busy, just leave a buck or two.

People open up businesses to make money, so they are helping you, help them. I once gave a lady at a fast food chain $20, because I had to use the bathroom really bad. They were to busy for me to order, but it was worth every cent to use their bathroom that day.
Business owners make money from serving food, beer, wine, or whatever themed-type restaurant whether its a Texas-styled steakhouse, a mid-Atlantic excellent seafood restaurant in DMV, or outstanding, authentic Mexican restaurants with a wide variety of items to make a lot of income and they can do all that without telling me I must pay even a small amount of money to take a sheet.

The whole reasoning behind that, in most cases, is absurd and asinine. If I'm an owner of a profitable restaurant, I'm making more then enough money as it is than to accept cash, even if its voluntary offer, to allow you or anyone else to relieve yourself for a forking fee. You nor anyone else don't have to justify or pay me to use the bathroom.

What's funny is that throughout ancient Roman empire, it wasnt uncommon for Roman governors (procurators), tribunes or military officials to issue taxes once in a while for people to use urinals and in ancient Roman antiquity, you had no privacy in public urinals whether they were off-street, or in Roman bathhouses, saunas, or cauldariums. In fact, during emperor Vespasian's reign, when the Roman Colosseum was first being built and nearly completed before his death, part of the public funds used to pay for its construction came from these "waste taxes".

You shouldn't have to pay to use the bathroom at all. That's the absurd part or premise about why they have this policy in some European countries.
They aren't the only ones. 5 years ago I was in D.C. and while walking from the subway to the Mall I needed to use the bathroom. Cam across a convience store so went inside but the bathroom required a code from the reciept to open the door. Stood inline to buy a 1 25 cent of water that cost me 1.25 and didn't get a receipt with code code. I asked for it and and he said he can't give me since I didn't pay enough. I then told him he will have to clean up a mess unless he gives the code to the bathroom and then I will sue for the embarraement because I was refused entry. he gave me the code and I barely made it in time. This is one of the reasons I HATE! larger cities.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom