Classic/Popular movies you've never seen... (5 Viewers)

I never saw the Lord of the Rings movies because i read the books and therefore i already know everything that happens. Watching a director's reading and interpretation of books i have already read and interpreted, has never been of interest to me.

Whenever i do that (as i did with Mario Puzo's "The Godfather" before i'd seen the movie, and as i have with many Stephen King novels & movies), i have almost invariably been disappointed. It is just really rare that a screenplay holds a richer experience for me than the original work.

Lethal Weapon just looked kinda dumb to me. But the franchise was popular at the time and it seems like a series of movies everyone has seen but i. I never found Mel Gibson watchable after "Road Warrior"... i liked "Braveheart" in spite of him.

As for Harry Potter...meh. They are based on books which i can read later. :) And i thoroughly enjoyed all (3) of the Star Wars movies that matter, and endured one of the "prequels" (a judgment error i won't repeat).

Twilight? No.

I'll preface saying the original Star Wars triolgy is three of my all time favorite films....with the three "prequels" worthy of watching. For some reason, I have not had interest in:

Lord of the Rings
Harry Potter
Twilight series

Just for clarification, all men should watch Saving Private Ryan, Terminator 1 & 2, and the Bourne series. It's just something that must be done.

I have never watched:
Jurassic Park (any of them)
Terminator
Rambo (any of them)
Alien (any of them)
Saw (any of them)

...ready for this? Until this weekend I had never watched:
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
Captain America
Thor
The Avengers

I have watched just about every black and white movie mentioned in this thread though. I like the classics.

I have never watched:
Jurassic Park (any of them)
Terminator
Rambo (any of them)
Alien (any of them)
Saw (any of them)

...ready for this? Until this weekend I had never watched:
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
Captain America
Thor
The Avengers

Yeah, um, you just admitted that you haven't seen the Terminator or any of the Alien movies, but you have watched Thor and Captain America. Just delete your post and I'll try to forget that I ever read it.

When I was a kid I saw a little bit of a Star Wars movie, didn't like it, and never gave any of them another shot. So those films are the first that come to mind. I also haven't seen one Harry Potter film.

I haven't seen most "classic" Westerns either like Once Upon a Time in the West, The Searchers, Rio Bravo, Blazing Saddles, etc. Just not a fan of the genre.

Besides for Harry Potter you are missing out on some great movies

FYI, Blazing Saddles created its own genre

Yeah, um, you just admitted that you haven't seen the Terminator or any of the Alien movies, but you have watched Thor and Captain America. Just delete your post and I'll try to forget that I ever read it.

Alien is a must see for anyone:plus-un2:

Also search sig pic

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom