Classic/Popular movies you've never seen... (1 Viewer)

you need to watch at the least the first 30 mins of this movie

Agreed. If u dont watch Saving Private Ryan, atleast watch the first 30. Best cinematic experience ever.

wow.. i think you win the thread so far, esp. considering you've never had to sit through Gump or Titanic.

Well i guess that's my point. Despite all the fruity incredulity from whoever is trying to get me to understand something by referencing a movie "everyone" has seen,

and the eyeroll when i am honest about not having seen it (instead of nodding in false recognition), these movies are not required homework any more than the ones i DID choose to invest my life watching.

Nobody HAS to watch them :) Yes there have been movies a boyfriend has wanted to go see and i didnt want to see, and he went to see them by himself like a grownup... or with other people who wanted to see them.

Don't get me wrong, i like silly stuff like I'm Gonna Git You Sucka, and Hot Tub Time Machine, and i've dug some chick flicks such as Like Water For Chocolate. I saw Domino and Smokin Aces in the theater even though i knew they'd be cheesy. It just takes something more compelling than a slick trailer and peer pressure to compel me to sit through a movie.

rkelly.gif

Yeah i have no idea what this is referencing either :)

I have not seen Lord of the Rings. I havent seen any of them. I read the books when i was 15, i envisioned the story just fine, i dont feel like i need to spend 6+ hours watching Peter Jackson read them to me while adding some stuff and leaving out other stuff :)

Oh yeah i never saw Marley and Me either. Due to the "everyone HAS to have seen this" syndrome, someone told me how it ended. Why would i want to watch that?? And Jennifer Aniston TOO? oh but no.

Gone With The Wind.
Terminator (none of them).
None of the Star Wars movies except the first one, well, I assume it was the first with Harrison Ford, Luke, I am your father, etc....
Never watched E.T. from start to finish, but have seen the majority of it in bits and pieces.

I'm pretty sure there's plenty more, but it's been a long, long day, so....

never seen a Godfather film and i have never been compelled to see one

Titanic...thank god

Bored of the Rings...i tried the first one and made it through the first hour without stabbing myself in the eye with a pencil....

Gone With The Wind.
Terminator (none of them).
None of the Star Wars movies except the first one, well, I assume it was the first with Harrison Ford, Luke, I am your father, etc....
Never watched E.T. from start to finish, but have seen the majority of it in bits and pieces.

I'm pretty sure there's plenty more, but it's been a long, long day, so....

Watch 1 and 2 anything after that is "meh"

Also, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles was a series that ran for 2 seasons before being canceled. I loved that series, I just wish they made more.

Harry Potter, never seen any of them, just not interested. I will never watch another Batman movie with Christian Bale, that growling voice he does just annoys me to no end.

Titanic...thank god

Most overrated movie ever.

I love how my friends seen it and were fascinated arguing with me over the movie with their newest general stereotype coming from that film:

"Dude! Rich brits were snobby pricks!"

"Ummm do you know any rich British people?"

"No I just seen how bad they are in the movie Titanic."

"It's called a movie for a reason."

"Dude what is wrong with you!? Titanic really happened!"

Bingo.

never seen a Godfather film and i have never been compelled to see one

Titanic...thank god

Bored of the Rings...i tried the first one and made it through the first hour without stabbing myself in the eye with a pencil....

Oh yeah, I've never seen Fight Club.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom