Comic Book Talk (3 Viewers)

Yeah. Most people with any lick of sense believe this is pretty much the case. DC isn't going anywhere. The only questions to be answered officially is what will happened with 5G compared to what DiDio wanted and who's going to replace DiDio, because Lee is not the answer.

Yeah. Most people with any lick of sense believe this is pretty much the case. DC isn't going anywhere. The only questions to be answered officially is what will happened with 5G compared to what DiDio wanted and who's going to replace DiDio, because Lee is not the answer.
Right. Not much worried about DC going anywhere. It's more a matter of if I'm going anywhere in relation to DC. It depends on their continued direction. It's been pretty quiet on the replacement front, but I suppose it has only been a short time. I'd sure like to hear some rumblings about Geoff Johns, though.

Right. Not much worried about DC going anywhere. It's more a matter of if I'm going anywhere in relation to DC. It depends on their continued direction. It's been pretty quiet on the replacement front, but I suppose it has only been a short time. I'd sure like to hear some rumblings about Geoff Johns, though.

In the rumors before C2E2 article Johnston floats Johns name as a possible replacement that some have discussed but says he seems to be pretty happy in the film and TV branch of things after he was pretty much forced out of his position in publishing.

He also floats Jeph Loeb as a possibility. Which...that would not be my choice. I'll just say that. And then he throws Joe Quesada out there. Which a few years ago I would have laughed at but with all the Marvel restructuring the past few years and Feige essentially becoming boss of all Marvel, Quesada has seen his power diminish or outright vanish in all of the non publishing areas. So...who knows.

If the rumors about them looking for creative talent from outside the usual names in the comics industry are true, it may end up being someone completely outside of the industry.

If it can't be Johns, my choice would be Jimmy Palmiotti, if he wants it of course.

Missed this story today. Let may be publisher for now. I actually heard a few different podcast that suggest what might happen is for Lee to remain publisher and DC name a new EiC, who will function much like C.B. Cebulski runs things at Marvel, bring the public face as EiC.

Lots of stuff on 5G over the past week.

- Jim Lee said at C2E2 that 5G was NOT a line wide reboot that would age up and sideline all of the characters. This comes on the heels of rumors last week that 5G (which absolutely was originally planned by DiDio as a linewide reboot that would age up and sideline the characters based on what we know) was being retooled as a smaller and self contained "event" instead of something impacting all of the books. Complete with artists redrawing and writers rewriting to fit the new direction.

-According to Rich Johnston, younger, less connected DC staffers and editors were telling everyone at C2E2 that everything was going along as planned. More senior editors, creators,and staffers, however, had a completely different story: namely that work has been paused on the whole thing and they've been told it's "up in the air," as to what happens with it. Supposedly creators were told they would be paid for the work they had done so far, but the whole thing was being reevaluated from the ground up and that while it had absolutely been planned to be the new status quo under DiDio's leadership, that is no longer the plan.

So based on what is coming out now, if 5G isn't completely dead, it probably is going to be radically different than what it was originally designed to be.

Yeah. I read that yesterday. Lee's full of it if he really think we believe him in that the aging up thing wasn't going to happen. Nothing wrong with saying, "We're going in a different direction now."

People aren't stupid.

Lots of stuff on 5G over the past week.

- Jim Lee said at C2E2 that 5G was NOT a line wide reboot that would age up and sideline all of the characters. This comes on the heels of rumors last week that 5G (which absolutely was originally planned by DiDio as a linewide reboot that would age up and sideline the characters based on what we know) was being retooled as a smaller and self contained "event" instead of something impacting all of the books. Complete with artists redrawing and writers rewriting to fit the new direction.

-According to Rich Johnston, younger, less connected DC staffers and editors were telling everyone at C2E2 that everything was going along as planned. More senior editors, creators,and staffers, however, had a completely different story: namely that work has been paused on the whole thing and they've been told it's "up in the air," as to what happens with it. Supposedly creators were told they would be paid for the work they had done so far, but the whole thing was being reevaluated from the ground up and that while it had absolutely been planned to be the new status quo under DiDio's leadership, that is no longer the plan.

So based on what is coming out now, if 5G isn't completely dead, it probably is going to be radically different than what it was originally designed to be.

Am I the only one concerned if WB actually leaves Lee in charge?

Am I the only one concerned if WB actually leaves Lee in charge?

Nope. He seems like a guy with no vision beyond trying to recapture the glory days of Wildstorm.

And nonspecific to Lee, I'm generally pretty skeptical of artists being put into these types of positions in the industry. Being able to draw is obviously a unique talent, but it doesn't give you the narrative or editorial experience necessary to run an entire publishing line.

I thought I read or watched somewhere that Lee was just a temporary deal. That he didn't want to be in charge or something along those lines. I could be mistaken, though. I'd rather someone else.

I thought I read or watched somewhere that Lee was just a temporary deal. That he didn't want to be in charge or something along those lines. I could be mistaken, though. I'd rather someone else.
I think we would all rather someone else.

And the Twitter world explodes...

So Batman has a contingency plan for every contingency plan, but using a contraceptive is just too hard, I guess.
He's got everything else in that utility belt, right?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom