Comic Book Talk (1 Viewer)

Just to add to your peace of mind, here are some pics of the package I just got in today. All of their comics come bagged and boarded. They are placed inside a plastic bag, which is then taped to a piece of sturdy cardboard, and then wrapped with the even sturdier outer cardboard packaging.

So got my first order in from Lone Star today. Things were packed and wrapped just like you said and I'm very impressed with the condition of the books I ordered. I'll definitely be hitting them up again. Thanks again for the recommendation.

Now, if only my Midtown order will get here...

:banghead:

***EDIT***

Let me add just this one issue I have with them... Use resealable bags, guys. They don't cost that much more than unsealable. Ugh.

Although, the prices may keep me coming back. Found stuff about 5% cheaper than Midtown, which has been my go-to for a while.

Last edited:
So speaking of the Batman/Catwoman wedding, the New York Times just spoiled the issue a full three days before the actual comic comes out. Oh, and they did so *with the full cooperation of the DC Comics public relation department.*

Yeah, you heard that right. The company itself spoiled the issue three full days before its release, after 25 issues of build up.

People are, rightfully, perplexed by this move. Supposedly DC has even had to step in to certain bigger retailers and assuage their concerns/anger by telling them this is all part of some kind of bigger plan, but no one knows what's going on.

Anyway, I'm not spoiling it here. It's out there in the wild for anyone that wants to find it.

The last big time DC did something like this, we got the whole Death of Superman fiasco...

So speaking of the Batman/Catwoman wedding, the New York Times just spoiled the issue a full three days before the actual comic comes out. Oh, and they did so *with the full cooperation of the DC Comics public relation department.*

Yeah, you heard that right. The company itself spoiled the issue three full days before its release, after 25 issues of build up.

People are, rightfully, perplexed by this move. Supposedly DC has even had to step in to certain bigger retailers and assuage their concerns/anger by telling them this is all part of some kind of bigger plan, but no one knows what's going on.

Anyway, I'm not spoiling it here. It's out there in the wild for anyone that wants to find it.

The last big time DC did something like this, we got the whole Death of Superman fiasco...

Yeah. forking idiots. I had to turn the news feed on my phone off because I go look like I do every morning and I see the stupid headline. What a bunch of arse hats. So I've gone and cancelled some orders including the digital that I was going to read at 2AM Wednesday morning. You know they've screwed up when even Tom King is posting how he's P'Oed.

Somebody needs to lose their job over that kind of decision. That's beyond ridiculous.

Somebody needs to lose their job over that kind of decision. That's beyond ridiculous.

This smells like a Dan Didio move. Between Diane Nelson being out of the picture and Geoff Johns no longer as part of the braintrust, I'm thinking we're going to see a lot more dumb Dan Didio stuff happening again after DC having a few good years of, well, not that kind of stuff.

This smells like a Dan Didio move. Between Diane Nelson being out of the picture and Geoff Johns no longer as part of the braintrust, I'm thinking we're going to see a lot more dumb Dan Didio stuff happening again after DC having a few good years of, well, not that kind of stuff.

This is totally a Dan DiDio move. The fool doesn't deserve to be anywhere near a corner office at DC. I remember when the jackass deleted his Twitter account after people called DC out for not firing some sexual abusers they had on staff.

He deserves to be fired.

So I may be more upset about the last issue of Man of Steel today than I was about Batman #50. Maybe it's because I already knew what was happening.

So I may be more upset about the last issue of Man of Steel today than I was about Batman #50. Maybe it's because I already knew what was happening.

I'm still behind. Is Bendis being Bendis again?

Glad to find this thread. I was a long time comics reader. Had quite a collection(about 20-25 long boxes full). Long runs of Amazing Spider-Man(issue 200 to August 2005), Uncanny X-Men(Issue 150 to August 2005) to name a few. But as you probably guessed, lost them all in Katrina. I've tried a few times over the years to get back in but it just wasn't the same. I don't know if it was the loss of my back issue collection or change in mindset since Katrina, but, I wasn't enjoying the stories anymore. Then Big Easy Comics opened a store in Slidell to go with their Covington store and Hammond store at the time. I started a pull list and seemed to be getting back in, but then they lost their lease and closed up in Slidell. Dropped comics again for awhile. Now I've started playing around with Comixology and Marvel Unlimited. I read the Batman #50 and X-Men #30 wedding issues. Curious to see the outcomes of these issues. I wasn't a fan of the Mephisto Spider-Man story(chalk me up as a Spider Marriage fan), but I will hop onto the new Spider Man series when it comes out. I probably won't get as many series as I used to but I am going to try to get back in a little through Comixology and see where that goes. I've bought the latest Man of Steel but haven't read it yet. It's downloaded on my iPad along with X=Men 31 wedding aftermath. Plus I am a sucker for Star Wars so, I have #50 of that on my iPad to read too.

Glad to find this thread. I was a long time comics reader. Had quite a collection(about 20-25 long boxes full). Long runs of Amazing Spider-Man(issue 200 to August 2005), Uncanny X-Men(Issue 150 to August 2005) to name a few. But as you probably guessed, lost them all in Katrina. I've tried a few times over the years to get back in but it just wasn't the same. I don't know if it was the loss of my back issue collection or change in mindset since Katrina, but, I wasn't enjoying the stories anymore. Then Big Easy Comics opened a store in Slidell to go with their Covington store and Hammond store at the time. I started a pull list and seemed to be getting back in, but then they lost their lease and closed up in Slidell. Dropped comics again for awhile. Now I've started playing around with Comixology and Marvel Unlimited. I read the Batman #50 and X-Men #30 wedding issues. Curious to see the outcomes of these issues. I wasn't a fan of the Mephisto Spider-Man story(chalk me up as a Spider Marriage fan), but I will hop onto the new Spider Man series when it comes out. I probably won't get as many series as I used to but I am going to try to get back in a little through Comixology and see where that goes. I've bought the latest Man of Steel but haven't read it yet. It's downloaded on my iPad along with X=Men 31 wedding aftermath. Plus I am a sucker for Star Wars so, I have #50 of that on my iPad to read too.

As much as I'm into technology, I'm not sure that I would enjoy comics on a tablet through Comixology. There's something about having the actual book in my hand. I'm the same way with regular books and an eReader. I know the benefits of using the tablet, but chalk me up to being too old school to use it for comic reading.

As much as I'm into technology, I'm not sure that I would enjoy comics on a tablet through Comixology. There's something about having the actual book in my hand. I'm the same way with regular books and an eReader. I know the benefits of using the tablet, but chalk me up to being too old school to use it for comic reading.

Only comics I do in my tablet are TPBs. It takes a lot for me to want a regular comic on the tablet.

Going back to something I had said before. I quit reading a few years back.

However, before they went to total crap, I did enjoy the whole Hope Summers arc.

I liked the fight for the baby, Cable taking her through time, wasn't huge on Bishop flipping out, but it was done ok. I liked her growing up, kinda like Cable, and then becoming part of the team... finding new mutants.

So, my question is this. What sorta happened with her? What was the point? I always thought she was going to be some key to getting Jean Grey back. Did they ever go anywhere with her character? You have an arc called Messiah Complex and it didn't really go anywhere that I can recall.

Going back to something I had said before. I quit reading a few years back.

However, before they went to total crap, I did enjoy the whole Hope Summers arc.

I liked the fight for the baby, Cable taking her through time, wasn't huge on Bishop flipping out, but it was done ok. I liked her growing up, kinda like Cable, and then becoming part of the team... finding new mutants.

So, my question is this. What sorta happened with her? What was the point? I always thought she was going to be some key to getting Jean Grey back. Did they ever go anywhere with her character? You have an arc called Messiah Complex and it didn't really go anywhere that I can recall.

There's another Summers daughter that's in play now on one of the X-Men teams, plus multiple renditions of Jean Grey, including the original. Marvel Comics is really a hot mess these days in my opinion... actually been that way for a minute.

Last edited:
Yeah, trying to explain any recent Marvel storylines or character arcs is impossible, it's all such a convoluted, illogical mess. There's like five different versions of any given character running around at any time. There's time traveling versions from the past, from the future, alternate universe versions, clones, new characters using the names of old characters but having nothing to really do with them...who knows what else and who gives a crap.

I have been reading comics for most of my life. I've read some bad stuff. I came of age in the 90's when a character's worth was determined by how big their guns were, if their codename was an adjective, and how many pouches Rob Liefeld could draw on them.

I was there when Bill Jemas sort of led Marvel out of the post-apocalypse of bankruptcy, then totally misread his mandate, lost his mind and started letting Mark Millar write comics about a teenage Aunt May whoring around at some Hamptons resort and actually being Peter's biological mother, (Don't worry, it isn't canon and isn't worth thinking about.), while he himself wrote Marville, arguably the worst comic book of all time. Then he was mercifully fired.

I've seen some truly dire sheet.

But, collectively, I have never seen anything as bad as the state Marvel is in right now. The fact that the biggest comic publisher in the world is such a trash fire right now, especially as their properties see unprecedented success in movies, boggles my mind.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom