COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (3 Viewers)

How's your 5G reception now? And has your magnetic attraction factor increased? You should be able to hold spoons on your nose now.

tenor.gif

Nice to see that overall cases are low.. except for Louisiana....

Granted, I'm sure testing is pretty low, unless folks go to their doc or urgent care.

1685472453147.png

Day 5 of having symptoms update: I'm on my second day of Paxlovid and man, that stuff works wonders, I woke up today w/ a bad sore throat and some productive cough, took my AM dose, and my throat is good and my cough has pretty much subsided totally for now...

20230529_134952.jpg

Saline sprays were a great help for me last year.

For all intents and purposes ... the U.S. no longer has meaningful nationwide COVID case data.

We've got national wastewater data on biobot.io and still have national death numbers from Worldometers. The CDC picked up with national COVID hospitalizations data where Johns Hopkins left off in March, but we no longer have national ICU admissions data.

Granted, I'm sure testing is pretty low, unless folks go to their doc or urgent care.

1685472453147.png
Seriously? What the fork, Louisiana? How about we be #1 in something like education, instead?

dedikodu-gossip.gif
That would seem to be a smoking gun. I remember reading the article below a couple of years ago and thought it brought up a number of issues that, while not conclusive, seemed to point in the direction of the lab in Wuhan.

https://thebulletin.org/2021/05/the...TwF657F7wBZXUkINFVTUf0BlmNWCGuoh7xw5JWFgHqsW0

I don't understand why it matters.
If it came from the Wuhan Lab, it absolutely matters. There would need to be a vigorous review of their safety protocols to find out how it got out and what security measures they need to take to prevent it from happening again.

That said, I'm not sure China will be a willing participant in that sort of accountability.

dedikodu-gossip.gif

Scientists conducting research on novel coronaviruses at the Wuhan Institute of Virology were the first humans to contract COVID-19, according to a new report.

“Patients zero” included Ben Hu, Ping Yu and Yan Zhu — scientists researching SARS-like viruses at the institute, according to an investigation by journalists Michael Shellenberger and Matt Taibbi published on the Substack newsletter Public.

Substack is like a subscription newsletter. Pretty sure it's basically a blog. Michael Shellenberger isn't a journalist.

Call me skeptical. If a real news organization confirms the story, I'll give it due attention.

If it came from the Wuhan Lab, it absolutely matters. There would need to be a vigorous review of their safety protocols to find out how it got out and what security measures they need to take to prevent it from happening again.

That said, I'm not sure China will be a willing participant in that sort of accountability.
If it originated from there, I'm sure that they know. If they know, then I'm sure that they've done an internal investigation.

I'm also sure that they'll never admit to anything or allow anyone from the outside to have complete access.

Just standing around pointing our fingers accomplishes nothing.

If it originated from there, I'm sure that they know. If they know, then I'm sure that they've done an internal investigation.

I'm also sure that they'll never admit to anything or allow anyone from the outside to have complete access.

Just standing around pointing our fingers accomplishes nothing.
The thing is, I'm not convinced they've done anything to reduce the risk of it happening again, if it actually did happen.

But I agree with you for the most part.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom