COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (9 Viewers)

And still dying from it

I thought I read recently about 1000-1200 deaths (in US) a week

At its peak I think it was 3-4K a day
The CDC reported that Covid was down to the #4 cause of death in the US last year. Tops were heart disease, cancer and injuries(drug overdose, car accident, murder, etc)

Interestingly enough, several friends here have gotten Covid in recent weeks. So, it's still out there. Good friend who lives in our neighborhood tested positive a couple of days ago. So people are still getting it.
Whelp, my wife has it. :covri: She got it from a friend she takes care of. She took her friend to get a Covid test. Tested positive. A few days later and now wife is feeling crummy. Congestion, coughing, fever. So, she's not really considered high risk, but I'm just wondering if there are any treatments she should consider, or if she should try weathering it for a few more days.

I'm feeling OK so far. Hopefully I don't have any issues.

Whelp, my wife has it. :covri: She got it from a friend she takes care of. She took her friend to get a Covid test. Tested positive. A few days later and now wife is feeling crummy. Congestion, coughing, fever. So, she's not really considered high risk, but I'm just wondering if there are any treatments she should consider, or if she should try weathering it for a few more days.

Iverm....

Oh nevermind. ;) Drink fluids. Get rest. I hope she feels better soon.

And now I can confirm I have it. Did the Binax test tonight and result was clear. I'm feeling a little like I have the flu. Moderate body aches, shivering, yucky-mild burning sensation in nasal passageway and throat, mild fever. Oh well. I figured it would happen sooner or later. Hopefully not a serious case. We'll see.

And now I can confirm I have it. Did the Binax test tonight and result was clear. I'm feeling a little like I have the flu. Moderate body aches, shivering, yucky-mild burning sensation in nasal passageway and throat, mild fever. Oh well. I figured it would happen sooner or later. Hopefully not a serious case. We'll see.
Feel better soon

Feel better soon
Yeah, today feels like full blown flu. I woke up this morning dry heavimg and my whole body has been sore all day. Have a touch of fever, runny nose and occasional hacking cough. I haven't gone to the Dr yet, but if it's not any better tomorrow, I'm gonna go.

I did manage to eat some vegetable broth and that's stayed down. Hopefully it gets better overnight.

Welp, I'm starting day 4 and I feel weird. I'm not dealing with too much fever or body aches this morning but my throat feels like someone put a rod of sandpaper in there and went to town. I assumed it was from some of the coughing the last 2 days. The coughing doesn't seem that bad though, just intermittent where I'll hack a bit and go like 30 minutes before hacking again.

Was hoping to avoid a doc visit, but I think I need to at this point. I can tolerate the throat pain, I'm just concerned about it being a sign of something else going on.

It's weird. I feel like my body has weathered it, but I'm not sure I'm out of the woods yet. I definitely don't want to let it hang around if there's anything i can do about it.

If the sore throat is normal and not something i need to worry about, I'll stay home and deal with it since the pain is tolerable. But if the pain is a symptom of something else brewing in there, i imagine i need to do something, but idk what that should be. Anyone else have that raw throat feeling when they had Covid? How long did it last?

Welp, I'm starting day 4 and I feel weird. I'm not dealing with too much fever or body aches this morning but my throat feels like someone put a rod of sandpaper in there and went to town. I assumed it was from some of the coughing the last 2 days. The coughing doesn't seem that bad though, just intermittent where I'll hack a bit and go like 30 minutes before hacking again.

Was hoping to avoid a doc visit, but I think I need to at this point. I can tolerate the throat pain, I'm just concerned about it being a sign of something else going on.

It's weird. I feel like my body has weathered it, but I'm not sure I'm out of the woods yet. I definitely don't want to let it hang around if there's anything i can do about it.

If the sore throat is normal and not something i need to worry about, I'll stay home and deal with it since the pain is tolerable. But if the pain is a symptom of something else brewing in there, i imagine i need to do something, but idk what that should be. Anyone else have that raw throat feeling when they had Covid? How long did it last?
You're following about the same timeline I was on. The only difference is that I didn't really have a sore throat to the point that it bothered me. I coughed enough that my ribs hurt though, and the headache was an annoyance. If you feel like there is something "off", then go see your Doc. I didn't feel that way and just weathered the storm at home. By Day 4, everything started backing down and I had already sweated out the fever. The chest congestion is the only thing that has lingered, but it is slowly going away as well.

Get well soon, and please see your Dr.

Welp, after 3 yrs of dodging the 'rona, today I tested positive on my 3rd day of tons of coughing, runny nose, frequent sneezing, sinus congestion, and some sore throat. Hopefully tomorrow my pcp will prescribe me some Paxlovid as I have some comorbidities...

Welp, after 3 yrs of dodging the 'rona, today I tested positive on my 3rd day of tons of coughing, runny nose, frequent sneezing, sinus congestion, and some sore throat. Hopefully tomorrow my pcp will prescribe me some Paxlovid as I have some comorbidities...
Hope it's not serious. It was nasty for me for like 3-4 days then I was fine. Take care, get plenty of rest and drink fluids. Soup worked for me as well.

I feel for ya man. Miyako, Carpenter, and I all got it last March during spring break. Fortunately for us it was pretty mild.

Day 5 of having symptoms update: I'm on my second day of Paxlovid and man, that stuff works wonders, I woke up today w/ a bad sore throat and some productive cough, took my AM dose, and my throat is good and my cough has pretty much subsided totally for now...

20230529_134952.jpg

Last edited:
Day 5 of having symptoms update: I'm on my second day of Paxlovid and man, that stuff works wonders, I woke up today w/ a bad sore throat and some productive cough, took my AM dose, and my throat is good and my cough has pretty much subsided totally for now...

20230529_134952.jpg
How's your 5G reception now? And has your magnetic attraction factor increased? You should be able to hold spoons on your nose now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom