Current Saints 53 man roster after cuts (2 Viewers)

I pointed this out in an earlier post on page 6 but it seems it got ignored by some without considering we don't know everything about practices closed to the media.

And it's still incorrect because all of training camp was open to the media. There were no practices closed to the media in camp.

When I said closed to the public, that included reporters. There was a significant amount of practice that was closed to reporters as well. Reporters did not see all of the Saints' practices.

There were no training camp practices closed to the media. The only restrictions on the media is that they were not allowed to take video of the team periods.

There were no training camp practices closed to the media. The only restrictions on the media is that they were not allowed to take video of the team periods.
Then why did reporters mention things along the lines of "based on the part of practice we were allowed to attend today" throughout training camp?

Last edited:
The beat reporters were they and talked about what snaps Taysom got. He did not get regular QB snaps like Carr, Haener, and Rattler.

You can be as fast of a learner as possible but you still can't learn to play QB in a system you have not run before without getting reps in the system.

Come On (Widge) Man!

The beat reporters can only comment on what they have seen, and they haven't had access to all of the Saints practices throughout OTAs, Mini Camp, or Training Camp, and they also have been limited in most practices, including the one today.

Why do you insist on making and repeating blind assumptions when this has been refuted in more than one post and by more than one poster.

It's obvious that you didn't read one of my reply posts to your assumptive statements on page 6.

Here it is again. Read it carefully.

You're right. When you make a clear and concise erroneous statement that you (should) know is false, it goes beyond just saying stuff. SMH

Hill is a smart guy. He got a degree in finance at BYU. He's been in NFL QB rooms for 8 years. Most of that time he was mentored by Drew Brees and Sean Payton. He's experienced as a starting NFL QB. He has a winning record as a starting QB. He's been in the Saints QB room this year in the current system ran by Kubiak.

None of us knows for sure if Hill has taken any reps at QB or not that go beyond the "Taysom" plays because all we know is what the media has reported, and the media hasn't been allowed to see every practice and rep in OTAs, Mini-Camp, or Training Camp. The media's knowledge is limited to what they have seen thus far.

The Saints are practicing this afternoon. The media only has access to a 25-minute viewing period. We don't know what plays the Saints are hiding from the media. We don't know what the Saints are hiding from the rest of the league. We don't know what the Saints are hiding from fans like any of us. So how can you be so sure?

You're making a lot of statements that are purely assumptions without having knowledge of all of the facts. Your reply is full of speculation that is not known.

His roster designation is of more interest than just to fantasy football players. I pointed out in my post how his designation affects the use of the EQB3. Read it.

BTW, I find it interesting that you Face Palmed my post, though it was Factual in content, most likely because it went against the narrative and opinion you support.

Where and how did you arrive at this conclusion?

There have been plenty of reports that complete or partial practices were closed to the media. To say it otherwise, open to the media, inferring that not all are.

And yes, there have been restrictions on the media that did not allow them to take video during team periods.

You are adamant that the media has seen every rep in every practice, which is not true.

You want to stand by that wrong in order to make unfounded assumptions as if they are indeed factual, when none of us know for sure whether they are or not.

From the Saints Official Website today 8/28/24 - News - www.neworleanssaints.com

Excerpts:

Here are your Five Things to Know about the New Orleans Saints on Wednesday, Aug. 28:

2. The Saints will have practice this afternoon with the media viewing period being from 3:50 p.m. to 4:15 p.m.

Link To Full Article Below:

Last edited:
I don't understand what you are saying or what point you are trying to make other than clinging to the hope that Taysom may one day play QB again for the Saints.

I get it. You don't understand. That's okay. If this is all you derived from the facts presented to you then I give up. Let's move on.

I get it. You don't understand. That's okay. If this is all you derived from the facts presented to you then I give up. Let's move on.

I'm trying to be nice here. But this is your typical thing there you post 18 pages about stuff that is incorrect and then claim victory. I'm not falling for it again. You are wrong and you don't even understand that you are wrong.

Where and how did you arrive at this conclusion?

There have been plenty of reports that complete or partial practices were closed to the media. To say it otherwise, open to the media, inferring that not all are.

And yes, there have been restrictions on the media that did not allow them to take video during team periods.

You are adamant that the media has seen every rep in every practice, which is not true.

You want to stand by that wrong in order to make unfounded assumptions as if they are indeed factual, when none of us know for sure whether they are or not.

From the Saints Official Website today 8/28/24 - News - www.neworleanssaints.com

Excerpts:

Here are your Five Things to Know about the New Orleans Saints on Wednesday, Aug. 28:

2. The Saints will have practice this afternoon with the media viewing period being from 3:50 p.m. to 4:15 p.m.

Link To Full Article Below:

Camp is over on August 28. It ended when they left California. They are in regular season mode now where the close parts of practices for game planning stuff.

Come On (Widge) Man!

The beat reporters can only comment on what they have seen, and they haven't had access to all of the Saints practices throughout OTAs, Mini Camp, or Training Camp, and they also have been limited in most practices, including the one today.

Why do you insist on making and repeating blind assumptions when this has been refuted in more than one post and by more than one poster.

It's obvious that you didn't read one of my reply posts to your assumptive statements on page 6.

Here it is again. Read it carefully.

You have created a fantasy world where Taysom has been getting all these snaps and QB and will play QB a lot this year. But it's not happening beyond special plays and the Wildcat. He is not prepared to play full time QB in this system. He has not been in the QB room on close to a consistent basis and has taken very few snaps at QB in OTAs or training camp. He's no longer a QB for this team. He's likely more of HB/FB/H-Back hybrid than anything else.

Camp is over on August 28. It ended when they left California. They are in regular season mode now where the close parts of practices for game planning stuff.

Maybe someone with media credentials (Andrus?) would be willing to clear this up and state whether or not the media has had full access to every single rep in every single practice including OTAs, Mini Camp, and Training Camp. Anyone from the mainstream local sports media should be able to answer with this with authority.

Sorry if I'm a bit reluctant to just accept your word on the subject as fact. I'll be the 1st to say I was wrong if proven so. But until then I stand by what I've said.

You have created a fantasy world where Taysom has been getting all these snaps and QB and will play QB a lot this year. But it's not happening beyond special plays and the Wildcat. He is not prepared to play full time QB in this system. He has not been in the QB room on close to a consistent basis and has taken very few snaps at QB in OTAs or training camp. He's no longer a QB for this team. He's likely more of HB/FB/H-Back hybrid than anything else.
I’m saying Taysom could be a reliable third qb. He wouldn’t have to know much. He would likely be one of the best and most prepared to play third qbs in the entire NFL. Keeping four qbs on the 53 man roster is kinda strange.

You have created a fantasy world where Taysom has been getting all these snaps and QB and will play QB a lot this year.

I haven't said that at all. And as I have previously said, I don't think WE know everything about every practice session.

He may or may not get more snaps at QB this year than he did last year. That's yet to be seen.

I'm on record as saying it's best for the team that he plays all his many roles, in lieu of playing just QB.

But it's not happening beyond special plays and the Wildcat. He is not prepared to play full time QB in this system. He has not been in the QB room on close to a consistent basis and has taken very few snaps at QB in OTAs or training camp.

Again, you're speaking on things you have no certain knowledge of but continue to beat the same drum.

He's no longer a QB for this team.

He's listed as one. Barring injury to Carr, he will get the 2nd most snaps as one in 2024. Bank on it!

He's likely more of HB/FB/H-Back hybrid than anything else.

Those will be some of his many roles that he will play in 2024, including TE and QB.

Maybe someone with media credentials (Andrus?) would be willing to clear this up and state whether or not the media has had full access to every single rep in every single practice including OTAs, Mini Camp, and Training Camp. Anyone from the mainstream local sports media should be able to answer with this with authority.

Sorry if I'm a bit reluctant to just accept your word on the subject as fact. I'll be the 1st to say I was wrong if proven so. But until then I stand by what I've said.

They did not have access to every single rep in OTAs and mini camp. But they did have access to all training camp practices. But, OTAs and mini camp is not enough time for Taysom to be able to start at QB in a new system and they were at many of those practices and he took very few snaps at QB. He even took very few reps just throwing the ball in routes on air and individual drills.

Underhill chartered every single QB rep and training camp and Hill was not on the list. That should tell you all you need to know about whether Taysom is ready to start at QB in this system. Sure, he could come in and run a very limited number of plays, but there is not point in doing that when you have two young QBs that might already be better as a QB than he ever was. Moreover, he is much more important to this offense as a HB/FB/H-Back to have he be the emergency QB when you have two competent QBs who could use his playmaking ability while running the offense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom