Cutting the cable, lets talk options and media setups (2 Viewers)

Not gonna lie. A little disappointed that Pluto tvs version of Nick is essentially nick from 15 years ago lol

How long has it been since you guys have had cable/satellite TV?

2007 for me
I've only been cable free since 2016. But when I did, I had to ween my wife slowly. I first went to PS Vue for about 6 months, then I switched to an off the grid Service. Now, it requires a little more maintenance on my end to keep everything updated and running smoothly. The Terrarium clones make it easier.
I have Real-Debrid, which gives very good links to movies/tv shows. I also have a Trakt account that keeps track of all my favorites, so all the shows I watch are always there no matter which app I use to watch them on. You link both of those to your app and it makes life easier.

I've only been cable free since 2016. But when I did, I had to ween my wife slowly. I first went to PS Vue for about 6 months, then I switched to an off the grid Service. Now, it requires a little more maintenance on my end to keep everything updated and running smoothly. The Terrarium clones make it easier.
I have Real-Debrid, which gives very good links to movies/tv shows. I also have a Trakt account that keeps track of all my favorites, so all the shows I watch are always there no matter which app I use to watch them on. You link both of those to your app and it makes life easier.

Cinema HD/Real-Debrid/Trakt FTW

Used Real-Debrid since January 2016, love it.

To be honest, Cinema, CyberFlix, TVZion, Bee TV, Titanium, Tea TV, Typhoon, and about 10 others are all pretty much the same if you link your Real Debrid. The reason I like Cyberflix is it's a direct clone of Terrarium, which my wife got used to using before it died.
But when I set up a Firestick for someone I usually put everyone of them on there. those apps are like vehicles, everyone has their preference. I let them choose which one they prefer.
TVZion with RD and their club membership is pretty good if you have a 4K TV and don't have to worry about a data cap (like I do). It pulls some very impressive links.
But Trakt has made it so much easier for us to keep track of what shows are watched across all devices and all apps.
Heck, Real Debrid even makes watching stuff on Kodi bearable.

If you guys are using an IPTV service that provides a m3u you have to try the TiviMate app on android tv. Its the best I've used and they are continually updating the functions.

If you guys are using an IPTV service that provides a m3u you have to try the TiviMate app on android tv. Its the best I've used and they are continually updating the functions.
the service I use comes with their version of Smarters Pro, I recently tried Tivimate, I like it. I also tried Ott Navigator. I like both. my only problem with Tivimate is, even though I have the settings to update my guide at the lowest setting, every time I use it I have to manually update the guide.

the service I use comes with their version of Smarters Pro, I recently tried Tivimate, I like it. I also tried Ott Navigator. I like both. my only problem with Tivimate is, even though I have the settings to update my guide at the lowest setting, every time I use it I have to manually update the guide.

Never gave Smarters a real shot; only used it a little. I'll have to try Ott Navigator. I've never had that problem with TiviMate. I have it set to update every time the app is opened. The premium version adds lots of options for things like that.

Finally put my perfect combo together. Hulu W/Live TV and Philo Total cost $64 bucks.
That combo get me Pelicans,and either Hulu or OTA DVR will cover Saints. Philo fills some of the gaps in Hulu,like all the viacom stuff I was missing,mostly for Nick for the kids.
Already had Netflix and Amazon Prime,so dont want to include those

Should save around 100 a month,maybe more depending on what internet plan I end up going with when I turn in contour equipment this month

How long has it been since you guys have had cable/satellite TV?

2007 for me
I had it for a year in 2014 because it came free with the Cox internet, but I disconnected the box after the cable guy left. So technically I had it in 2014, but I haven't watched it since approximately 2003/2004 when I hooked an old Dell laptop to my brand new Vizio 32" plasma and used a wireless mouse app on my HTC Touch phone to navigate a quick locally hosted webpage to video streaming sites and torrented videos.

people work quick these days. the VOD apps have weekly shows online within an hour.

I bought this atenna about 2 years ago for my apartment at the time, it got me abc/nbc/fox/cbs (and some others). but i bought a house moving about 3 miles away and now it doesnt connect to cbs. do you guys think its the area i live at now that CBS wont reach? should i get a different antenna before football season or will i have the same problem? i know the saints have 3 games on CBS so i wanna make sure i catch them.

says 40 mile reception area, i live in youngsville and i believe the cbs signal is from lafayette.

On my Antenna, I get more channels if I point it in different directions., The one I bought has a remote that will spin the antenna when needed, CBS seems to be the one that gives me trouble also in Baton Rouge.

On my Antenna, I get more channels if I point it in different directions., The one I bought has a remote that will spin the antenna when needed, CBS seems to be the one that gives me trouble also in Baton Rouge.
interesting you have trouble with CBS also. i've tried all over the house, stretched the cable out the full 10', re-searched for channels, moved again, re-searched again. moved to my bedroom and tried that tv and re-searched. nothing.

If I turn my antenna to get a strong CBS signal, I lose a couple others,
I have a small inside antenna in the bedroom, I can get all the others (NBC, FOX and ABC) but not CBS. maybe their signal is not as strong? maybe just a coincidence...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom