DA is remaining the coach, confirmed by Underhill (3 Viewers)

Right, id say this decision tied Loomis' future to Allens. And honeslty, any GM that chooses to tie his future to the 5th worst coach in NFL history, deserves what comes to him when said HC fails again.
Yeah, I genuinely hope Allen turns it around, but I ain't holding my breath either.

He wasn't that bad with the Texans:

Year 1 - 9-7 from 2-14 the year before
Year 2 - 9-7 won division blasted at home by Chiefs 0-30
Year 3 - 9-7 won division, won wild card round, lost at NE in divisional round 16-34
Year 4 - 4-12 last in AFC South - this was Watson's rookie year
Year 5 - 11-5 won division lost to Colts in wild card 7-21
Year 6 - 10-6 won division, won wild card, blew giant lead to chiefs in divisional lost 51-31
Year 7 - 4-12 - fired half way thru the year

That's not all that bad and had he not blown that 30 point lead to the Chiefs in the divisional round I think the guy is still coaching the Texans. I know the AFC South is bad but the guy won his division 4 of the 7 years he was coaching there and that is going the first 3 years without a QB, go look at the folks they started.

Hubris was his mistake when he made himself GM and traded D-Hop away plus blowing a 30 point lead to the Chiefs is what did him in.

1 10+ loss season in 6 full years as a head coach. Allen has 3 10+ loss season in 3 full years as a HC.

I dont think Allen could handle O'Brien as OC. He cant handle going for it on 4th and 1 with Taysom Hill, and you think he can handle the pressue of having an OC that has had absurdly more success as a HC than he has?

And I dont think O'Brien could handle working under a proven loser without a ounce of HC in his body like Allen.

Id say this is a non starter on many levels.

I think it’s unlikely that Loomis is on the hot seat if next season doesn’t go well, but Allen will likely be gone. Some fans might not like it but I don’t think Gayle is going to overlook the success he oversaw over many seasons because of a two year setback. Fans can entertain ideas about how little they think Loomis has meant, or how incapable they think he is anymore, but I seriously doubt she sees it that way.

I think it’s unlikely that Loomis is on the hot seat if next season doesn’t go well, but Allen will likely be gone. Some fans might not like it but I don’t think Gayle is going to overlook the success he oversaw over many seasons because of a two year setback. Fans can entertain ideas about how little they think Loomis has meant, or how capable they think he is, but I seriously doubt she sees it that way.
Yeah, Loomis isn’t going anywhere unless he decides to either retire or move himself into another role. Mrs Benson is never firing Loomis, especially not because of two bad seasons. If we don’t make the playoffs, Allen will be gone and Loomis will conduct the HC search.

I think it’s unlikely that Loomis is on the hot seat if next season doesn’t go well, but Allen will likely be gone. Some fans might not like it but I don’t think Gayle is going to overlook the success he oversaw over many seasons because of a two year setback. Fans can entertain ideas about how little they think Loomis has meant, or how incapable they think he is anymore, but I seriously doubt she sees it that way.
I could be wrong, but I tend to think that Loomis retires if next season is a disaster. I don't think it will be, but we'll see.

I think it’s unlikely that Loomis is on the hot seat if next season doesn’t go well, but Allen will likely be gone. Some fans might not like it but I don’t think Gayle is going to overlook the success he oversaw over many seasons because of a two year setback. Fans can entertain ideas about how little they think Loomis has meant, or how capable they think he is, but I seriously doubt she sees it that way.

Gayle aint Tom Benson. I think Tom wouldve demanded answers after this season. I dont think he wouldve had a problem putting Loomis on notice.

Gayle aint Tom Benson. I think Tom wouldve demanded answers after this season. I dont think he wouldve had a problem putting Loomis on notice.

Hard to say but I don’t think Gayle would be wrong to look at the bigger picture of achievement, and I don’t have reason to think Tom wouldn’t have shown patience to the man he hired, and who has had an extended run of success, including a championship.

I think it’s much more likely that Loomis will eventually retire or choose some other role than be fired, and I don’t think he should be fired.

I understand we are all frustrated but I think it’s easy to downplay the accomplishments when things aren’t going well. Like others have said, there was a strong consensus of support for Loomis until this season.

I could be wrong, but I tend to think that Loomis retires if next season is a disaster. I don't think it will be, but we'll see.

Yeah, he’s been with the team for over 20 years and getting to that age where he could understandably decide it’s time, but I don’t think it will be a decision made under pressure.

I liked it better when there were only 16 games in the season, so I could walk around singing "Oh where the Saints, go 6 and 10, oh where the Saints go 6 and 10"

Perfect, I don't need to watch many if any 13-7 losses next year either. . . what is it called a little Fandom Hiatus ? I wonder if he can break his turnover margin from last year.

As long as we dont get threatened with the moving the team garbage when they don't sell tickets
Sorry, but if they roll with that, let them. It’s all about money anyway, so let them chase it. They don’t want one of the best fan bases in the nfl, we don’t want them either.

Not surprised at all. I can probably stomach another year of DA if he makes changes on the offensive side, gets rid of PC, and the team comes out hot to start next season, but I'm not hanging around long to watch another disaster like this year.
That’s not happening unless we have a QB upgrade. I honestly think our fate is much more strongly tied to our ability to get a QB than who we have at HC

Answers: two of our top 4 players were injured most if not all of the season, our superstar RB wasn’t good, and we have a bottom 10 QB situation. Any other questions?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom