DA is remaining the coach, confirmed by Underhill (5 Viewers)

I have been a Saints fan for 30 some odd years now and I have never had a lower opinion of the organization than I do now. I get that at some point every team has to have some down times and its needs to be rebuilt. But are we actually doing that? I am not so sure and if not....

What exactly are we doing? I am not sure that I believe that we have a long-term plan actually in place. I am not sure how hands on the people at the top are anymore. Is this whole thing coming down to Loomis and his opinions and what he alone wants to do? If so is he really the right man for the job today? I am not so sure anymore.

What kind of organization brings back a coach that has proven time and time again that he isn't made for the job? No matter what the current situation may be! The man has a .283 winning percentage and we bring him back after he mishandled so many aspects of the team this season. That is a commitment to nothing more than failure and its a real shame.

Deflated. Totally deflated. May not even get the ticket next season.

And yes I know it doesn’t matter and they don’t care. Just sayin’.

maxresdefault.jpg
💯 million.
I have been a Saints fan for 30 some odd years now and I have never had a lower opinion of the organization than I do now. I get that at some point every team has to have some down times and its needs to be rebuilt. But are we actually doing that? I am not so sure and if not....

What exactly are we doing? I am not sure that I believe that we have a long-term plan actually in place. I am not sure how hands on the people at the top are anymore. Is this whole thing coming down to Loomis and his opinions and what he alone wants to do? If so is he really the right man for the job today? I am not so sure anymore.

What kind of organization brings back a coach that has proven time and time again that he isn't made for the job? No matter what the current situation may be! The man has a .283 winning percentage and we bring him back after he mishandled so many aspects of the team this season. That is a commitment to nothing more than failure and its a real shame.
Fan since 80, haven’t been this down on em since Ditka.

Not surprised at all. I can probably stomach another year of DA if he makes changes on the offensive side, gets rid of PC, and the team comes out hot to start next season, but I'm not hanging around long to watch another disaster like this year.

Last edited:
I've been a loyal Saints fan for most of my life. But I'm just not going to tolerate going back to the years of mismanagement and less-than-mediocrity. Having my Sundays mostly free of football was nice this year. It will be nice next year. Of course I'll hope for the best, and keep an eye on the first few games and see what happens, but I'm not going to suffer through the seasons like I used to.

I've used Saints merch and logos as a sort of batsignal for being an expat New Orleanian since I moved away. Think it's time to switch that up.

I found this on Etsy. Replacing my Saints license plate holder.

download.png

Saints probably look at “Keep doing what you are doing” as a marketing idea. Dennis stays.

I already expected DA to be back. Next we’ll hear Pete is stepping into an advisory role and the new OC is:

Bill O’Brien
Chan Gailey
Jay Gruden

Or some other dinosaur retread, willing to run the Woody Hayes offense that DA wants.

Bill O'Brien would actually be a good hire if Allen stays out of his way. That's a big if though. And given we're talking about the team that passed on Pederson who won a Super Bowl with Nick Foles for Dennis Allen...

Devils advocate on this we could end up with a 26 year old guy that never had done anything more than be an assistant to an assistant coach and that guy could be the next Sean McVey, but alas he would be working for Dennis Allen so he would have to make the 2 runs up the middle for every fresh set of downs requirements and only one deep shot play per game.

We will have our version of Matt Patricia as our OC next year if we aren't stuck with Pete.
DA would never bring in an OC that is not willing to run an uber-conservative, risk averse offense. NEVER.

Bill O'Brien would actually be a good hire if Allen stays out of his way. That's a big if though. And given we're talking about the team that passed on Pederson who won a Super Bowl with Nick Foles for Dennis Allen...

O’Brien is a joke. Be careful what you ask for.

💯 million.

Fan since 80, haven’t been this down on em since Ditka.
I don't think we are down that bad yet. I almost have a memory block on his three years. That said three years of Dennis Allen might have fans committing seppuku in their seats. At least with Ditka we had the personality and an identity (even if that identity was about 40 years in the past). Dennis Allen gives you an identity of being nameless, faceless and standing in the back row. We are simply nothing, 3 years of that will be pretty rough. I am hoping we don't get past 4 or so games of year two and the payoff at the end of this era is a top 3 pick.

Not surprised at all. I can probably stomach another year of DA if he makes changes on the offensive side, gets rid of PC, and the team comes out to hot start next season, but I'm not hanging around long to watch another disaster like this year.
Yeah for real, the offense was as boring as it could be. I can handle losing. Can't handle boring football.

I don't think we are down that bad yet. I almost have a memory block on his three years. That said three years of Dennis Allen might have fans committing seppuku in their seats. At least with Ditka we had the personality and an identity (even if that identity was about 40 years in the past). Dennis Allen gives you an identity of being nameless, faceless and standing in the back row. We are simply nothing, 3 years of that will be pretty rough. I am hoping we don't get past 4 or so games of year two and the payoff at the end of this era is a top 3 pick.
You nailed it.

DA would never bring in an OC that is not willing to run an uber-conservative, risk averse offense. NEVER.
No doubt it is why it wouldn't shock me if he did what the Pats did this year and just hire a defensive coordinator to be our OC so he will know to take no chances and just let the defense try to win. Even if we find that young guy he would saddle him with Andy and make him run up the middle then throw a safe 5 yards short of the first down pass and get the punter out there. The young guy deviated from the plan he would get benched.

A 283. winning percentage is very Falcon like

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom