DA is remaining the coach, confirmed by Underhill (2 Viewers)

Only logic is to see if he improves while the division is weak and potentially Brady less.

They just have to improve on the offensive side of the ball, and this is a solid football Team again, our Defense is still in good hands with DA, its Carmicheal as the OC that needs replacing and only then can we get a real depiction of Allen as a coach.

They just have to improve on the offensive side of the ball, and this is a solid football Team again, our Defense is still in good hands with DA, its Carmicheal as the OC that needs replacing and only then can we get a real depiction of Allen as a coach.
This lack of accountability for the offense by Allen is mind boggling to me. You are aware that he’s no longer DC, correct?

We can add talent shed talent some matter our head coach is gutless so when we take the field we don’t have the killer instinct to consistently finish teams and win games.

Wow

I understand the need for stability in the franchise. But by what performance metric, objective or subjective, has DA earned another year? Is abject incompetence outweighed by the perceived need for stability?

I already expected DA to be back. Next we’ll hear Pete is stepping into an advisory role and the new OC is:

Bill O’Brien
Chan Gailey
Jay Gruden

Or some other dinosaur retread, willing to run the Woody Hayes offense that DA wants.
It's going to be a retread thats just looking for a 1 year check...no legit OC is going to tie themselves to a HC that's going to get canned shortly after and force them into the unemployed coach portal.

The good news is that they felt as if they were at a point where they had to announce this, so that means there was some thought about it.

He won't make it through next year's bye week

"It's like a phone connection, you pick it up and there's a voice on the other end...asking you about your cars extended warranty" - Dennis Allen
I’m 💀💀💀
😂😂😂

Re-tool the roster, get the cap situation under control, develop the young players, and maximize assets from a Payron trade. Then, when we have our ducks in a row, fire Allen and let the next coaching staff use the draft capital to build toward its style.
I imagine this is actually what they're doing. next year will be a 'reset year', but not necessarily a rebuild. the only thing that sucks about that is the NFC South is horrid right now, and easily winnable.

I imagine this is actually what they're doing. next year will be a 'reset year', but not necessarily a rebuild. the only thing that sucks about that is the NFC South is horrid right now, and easily winnable.
Why would that be bad?
I’d rather have the division be winnable while retooling than being in a division like the AFCW and see Reid and Mahomes while I’m trying to bring a franchise back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom