DA is remaining the coach, confirmed by Underhill (4 Viewers)

I still believe that firing DA right now serves no real purpose as we have bigger issues. I’m happy to see people shifting their focus toward Mickey. Now we’re getting somewhere. We’re getting closer to the problem. So Mickey has a boss too, right? I’d like to see her make a hard decision and start the process of cleaning up this mess.

You talk about nothing to look forward to! That’s an understatement in this case. I see and hear several fans talking about how firing DA would be a knee jerk reaction. I have to disagree with that. DA has a 3 year track record as a HC and all 3 years were horrible. I’m not sure how 3 years are not a track record. This status quo crap is a joke! In the NFL if you’re not getting better then you are getting worse! Mediocrity here we come again!!!

If we don’t fix oline and wr it doesn’t matter

Penning injury is worse news than Allen news

So far he is Dav and Turner with hopes of being Peat

Granted he is a rookie but starting and finishing not able to play

No surprise. Tank next season unless we can get a franchise qb in Sean trade.
I am pretty confident this year is going to be a tank job, unless by some stroke of good fortune we ship Sean Payton over to the Texans and have a shot at drafting Bryce Young.

There are good reasons to tank next season, take a look at the QB class in 2024, its loaded.

This year I think you have one can't miss then a whole lot of maybes.

Next year you have Caleb Williams who is a better prospect than Bryce Young and reminds me of that guy that plays for KC. In addition to him you have Drake Mayne, Quinn Ewers (he would have to cut the mullet), Bo Nix (who I think is a second can't miss guy), Tyler Van Dyke, Jordan Travis amongst others. I watch a fair amount of college football and out side of Young there aren't a lot of guys in this years draft that make you say wow when they play. I like Hendon Hooker and I really like Jaren Hall but I think both of them are 50/50 prospects.

We are going to get our coaching staff raided by Payton so we will have Allen with a bunch of new guys, so between his poor coaching and folks he hasn't worked with before the writing is already on the wall and that isn't a bad thing because next draft the QB pool is bigger. No one is ever a sure thing but I believe next draft your odds are better and the guy at the top of that class is better.

They just have to improve on the offensive side of the ball, and this is a solid football Team again, our Defense is still in good hands with DA, its Carmicheal as the OC that needs replacing and only then can we get a real depiction of Allen as a coach.

Thats what youre going with. Maybe after season 5 we will have an accurate depiction of Dennis Allen. Ive never seen a coach get this many chances to be something other than what he has been for 53 games. He is the fifth worst coach in the history of the NFL after 4 seasons. 4 seasons is enough time to get a depiction. Of the 4 below him, only David Shula saw a 5th season, and was fired during it. Thats how bad this is.

The defense is in good hands, the offense is all over the place, but mostly this team will be heading into year 2 with a vacancy at the head coach position.

Dennis is going to go for the title of worst Saints coach in history.

It's going to be a retread thats just looking for a 1 year check...no legit OC is going to tie themselves to a HC that's going to get canned shortly after and force them into the unemployed coach portal.
Exactly. There is ZERO chance Dennis Allen brings in an up-and-coming offensive coach that has an innovative system they are committed to and wants to put up big numbers to get on the fast track to an HC job of their own. Lol.

DA would treat that guy like he treated Jameis. We getting a guy with a bald spot and OC experience from the 90s.

Exactly. There is ZERO chance Dennis Allen brings in an up-and-coming offensive coach that has an innovative system they are committed to and wants to put up big numbers to get on the fast track to an HC job of their own. Lol.

DA would treat that guy like he treated Jameis. We getting a guy with a bald spot and OC experience from the 90s.
Devils advocate on this we could end up with a 26 year old guy that never had done anything more than be an assistant to an assistant coach and that guy could be the next Sean McVey, but alas he would be working for Dennis Allen so he would have to make the 2 runs up the middle for every fresh set of downs requirements and only one deep shot play per game.

We will have our version of Matt Patricia as our OC next year if we aren't stuck with Pete.

They just have to improve on the offensive side of the ball, and this is a solid football Team again, our Defense is still in good hands with DA, its Carmicheal as the OC that needs replacing and only then can we get a real depiction of Allen as a coach.
Re-tool the roster, get the cap situation under control, develop the young players, and maximize assets from a Payron trade. Then, when we have our ducks in a row, fire Allen and let the next coaching staff use the draft capital to build toward its style.

Yep! This is the two-part plan. The expectation for DA should be to win the division next year with his new OC to keep the HC job. This division is too weak and our team too talented to expect less. If he fails, then the team is in great shape for a new HC in 2024.

maxresdefault.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom