DA is remaining the coach, confirmed by Underhill (2 Viewers)

Thats what youre going with. Maybe after season 5 we will have an accurate depiction of Dennis Allen. Ive never seen a coach get this many chances to be something other than what he has been for 53 games. He is the fifth worst coach in the history of the NFL after 4 seasons. 4 seasons is enough time to get a depiction. Of the 4 below him, only David Shula saw a 5th season, and was fired during it. Thats how bad this is.

The defense is in good hands, the offense is all over the place, but mostly this team will be heading into year 2 with a vacancy at the head coach position.
I understand the consensus on here is that DA is no good as a HC but if anybody here (myself included) works for the New Orleans Saints they obviously have a better grasp on the direction of this franchise than we do.

I wanted change too because I wanted a a clean slate and new vision but most of that was because I like most here suffered through a very inconsistent season with questions marks at QB, injuries at WR among other positions and even care narrative narrative of having a defensive HC but he's is coming back for another season so we'd minus we'll get behind Loomis and Co. because this train has started moving amd are now preparing for the 2023-24 season.

O’Brien is a joke. Be careful what you ask for.

O'Brien's been solid everywhere except Houston. He was a total disaster in Houston, but he was good in New England, good at Penn State, and he's been good at Alabama. What's crazy is for as bad as O'Brien was at Houston, he STILL finished with a better record than Dennis Allen has.

If we start out 0 and 3 or more, I am done until Allen is fired.
I think if the team looks like they did this year... The fans will revolt and Loomis will have no choice but to fire him halfway through the season.

Cool. Now Loomis and Allen will both be gone in 2024.
Yeah, I’d say that if the team flops another season with Allen, then Loomis’ neck is on the line too.

I do hope PC is demoted or sent on his way. We need fresh vision on offense.

I think if the team looks like they did this year... The fans will revolt and Loomis will have no choice but to fire him halfway through the season.
I think you have a few seasons until the general public starts to revolt at a massive rate.
Like if the Saints are in the same position the year Brees gets inducted into the Hall.
That’s my over/under.

O'Brien's been solid everywhere except Houston. He was a total disaster in Houston, but he was good in New England, good at Penn State, and he's been good at Alabama. What's crazy is for as bad as O'Brien was at Houston, he STILL finished with a better record than Dennis Allen has.

He wasn't that bad with the Texans:

Year 1 - 9-7 from 2-14 the year before
Year 2 - 9-7 won division blasted at home by Chiefs 0-30
Year 3 - 9-7 won division, won wild card round, lost at NE in divisional round 16-34
Year 4 - 4-12 last in AFC South - this was Watson's rookie year
Year 5 - 11-5 won division lost to Colts in wild card 7-21
Year 6 - 10-6 won division, won wild card, blew giant lead to chiefs in divisional lost 51-31
Year 7 - 4-12 - fired half way thru the year

That's not all that bad and had he not blown that 30 point lead to the Chiefs in the divisional round I think the guy is still coaching the Texans. I know the AFC South is bad but the guy won his division 4 of the 7 years he was coaching there and that is going the first 3 years without a QB, go look at the folks they started.

Hubris was his mistake when he made himself GM and traded D-Hop away plus blowing a 30 point lead to the Chiefs is what did him in.

Yeah, I’d say that if the team flops another season with Allen, then Loomis’ neck is on the line too.

I do hope PC is demoted or sent on his way. We need fresh vision on offense.

Right, id say this decision tied Loomis' future to Allens. And honeslty, any GM that chooses to tie his future to the 5th worst coach in NFL history, deserves what comes to him when said HC fails again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom