Update Dave Ziegler joining the Saints as an advisor for Free Agency and the draft (Saints permanently hire Ziegler as Personnel Advisor) (1 Viewer)

Pure speculation on my part but I believe Ireland is going to Denver after the draft. His right hand man went there already and this guy could take over for Jeff.
What position would Ireland have in Denver’s FO at the moment? They have a GM, asst GM, and pro & college personnel directors in place. Unless a firing’s happening here or in Denver, can’t see Ireland leaving an asst GM position here for a lesser job.

Ziegler’s advisory role seems to be filling in for former college scouting director Cody Rager’s spot for the draft.

Hopefully. He’s lived off of that 2017 draft class for too long. Intervention is and has been needed for quite some time.

I won't go as far as wanting Ireland to go because I think he's a solid talent evaluator. The major issue has been their high round picks and I think he probably has more influence after those picks. But, I do think the team needs an upgrade or at least a new set of eyes doing talent evaluation. Hopefully we can keep both because more professional eyes the better, but I wouldn't be hugely disappointed if Ireland left.

I won't go as far as wanting Ireland to go because I think he's a solid talent evaluator. The major issue has been their high round picks and I think he probably has more influence after those picks. But, I do think the team needs an upgrade or at least a new set of eyes doing talent evaluation. Hopefully we can keep both because more professional eyes the better, but I wouldn't be hugely disappointed if Ireland left.
It should be pretty well known that Jeff basically has the most influence over later round/UDFA players, where we have actually still been VERY good at finding talent.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom