Deadpool 3 announced (1 Viewer)

So why is it rated R? Blood and gore, cursing? I ask because I have 3 boys I want to take. 19, 16, and 13 (I’ll leave the 7!year old home). How bad is it in terms of “will he be scarred for life due to some explicit scenes” bad?

So why is it rated R? Blood and gore, cursing? I ask because I have 3 boys I want to take. 19, 16, and 13 (I’ll leave the 7!year old home). How bad is it in terms of “will he be scarred for life due to some explicit scenes” bad?
I haven't seen it, but based on the previous ones, a ton of cursing and lots of violence. It's not unlike what you see on The Boys. So I'm guessing this one isn't all that different in that respect.

Lots of creative innuendo and language. It's depends on how mature your kids are and your tolerance for Deadpool brand humor. My coworker isn't taking his 13 yo daughter. It's worth seeing twice if you can sneak in a preview before you take em.

Man, I adored this film. It's a Deadpool movie so of course it work on that level, but wow did this surprise me as a really poignant sendoff of the 20th Century Fox Marvel movies, as well as a celebration of how awesome Hugh Jackman is as Wolverine. The few times the movie slows down and actually gets serious about Logan or Wade, there's actually some great character work being done.

Some very good easter eggs/gags. Comics accurate Wolverine killed me and really underscored how goofy it would've been to try and do that character in live action at 5'3.

Also, random live action Age of Apocalypse Wolverine out of nowhere. Never thought I'd see that.

This movie does underscore my belief Channing Tatum was never a great choice for Gambit, but he says some hilariously out there sheet in his short screentime.

Glad X-23 got a happy ending.

Lots of blood and gore.

Lots of ultraviolence (although it kind of comes back around to almost bloody slapstick in some cases due to their healing factors meaning they can just maim each other over and over again.)

Lots of profanity.

Lots of pretty explicit sexual jokes, references, etc.

Pretty frequent references, jokes, etc. about drug use.

It very much earned that R rating.

Man, I adored this film. It's a Deadpool movie so of course it work on that level, but wow did this surprise me as a really poignant sendoff of the 20th Century Fox Marvel movies, as well as a celebration of how awesome Hugh Jackman is as Wolverine. The few times the movie slows down and actually gets serious about Logan or Wade, there's actually some great character work being done.

Some very good easter eggs/gags. Comics accurate Wolverine killed me and really underscored how goofy it would've been to try and do that character in live action at 5'3.

Also, random live action Age of Apocalypse Wolverine out of nowhere. Never thought I'd see that.

This movie does underscore my belief Channing Tatum was never a great choice for Gambit, but he says some hilariously out there sheet in his short screentime.

Lots of blood and gore.

Lots of ultraviolence (although it kind of comes back around to almost bloody slapstick in some cases due to their healing factors meaning they can just maim each other over and over again.)

Lots of profanity.

And I'm glad Disney is no longer shying away from doing stuff like this. Bringing in the Netflix Marvel shows and the Deadpool/Wolverine franchise has really opened the door for more adult themed hero shows.

I think the success of The Boys got their attention as well.

I wound up taking my older two and it was probably the right choice. I thought it was great but my kids didn’t know many of the cameos as they hadn’t seen the full catalog of superhero movies but they enjoyed it.

Definitely would go see it again.

100% agree w/ your Wolverine/Hugh Jackman assessment...

Any help:
Who was the guy in the stripped shirt, kinda heavier set and with a beard? He was one of Cassandra's henchmen outside the base, he survived the initial attack and was around for the second. He's been the only one I can't identify?

I smiled the entire time. It Was Fun!
Johnny: And you can quote me! :ROFLMAO:

Someone pointed out and I initially was thinking it, but that maybe Wade altered the footage to show Johnny saying those things when it was really Wade himself. And the way Wade was prompting him to continue his thoughts as if he knew what he was going to say. I think it's possible he didn't really say it. Either way, it was great.

Lots of blood and gore.

Lots of profanity.

So it’s the equivalent of being on 5 minutes of a gaming server for those with kids.

Any help:
Who was the guy in the stripped shirt, kinda heavier set and with a beard? He was one of Cassandra's henchmen outside the base, he survived the initial attack and was around for the second. He's been the only one I can't identify?
I think it was the Russian, a minor villain from the Thomas Jane Punisher movie. They have a knockdown drag out fight in the Punisher’s apartment in that movie.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom