N/S Deshaun Watson Decision (UPDATE: League and PA agree to 11 games, $5M fine) (1 Viewer)

I could be wrong but this seems like a court case. One side lost so they are appealing the outcome because they didn’t get the outcome they wanted

Why? The league agreed to arbitration. The decision of the arbitrator should be final. They went to arbitration because they couldn’t agree on a settlement. So why should the league now have another bite at the Apple because it’s not satisfied with the outcome? It nullifies the entire reason for having an arbitrator.

Except that’s exactly what they all agreed to in the CBA. Had the arbitrator not found a conduct violation, it would have been binding. It’s just the severity of the punishment that the league retains power . It’s not pure arbitration but it’s what was agreed to so it’s an option the league has.

For those who clowned me, I don’t care. I’m not saying I’m supporting Watson or not supporting him. I’m addressing the adjudication of his case. The league agreed to and didn’t like the results. It should have settled with Watson in their negotiations. Because of the proceedings up to those negotiations, the shot clock was pointing in favor of Watson. The league was losing. That’s why Watson agreed to arbitration. And he cleared did the right thing. Not to be political but the league is acting like Trump. A sore loser. The arbitrator’s decision should be final. If she had imposed a harsher penalty on Watson, the same should be true.

Watson didn’t agree to arbitration - Watson didn’t have a choice, this is the process for non-football conduct policy discipline.

So..it's ok to do what Watson did with women but you get a full year suspension if you're injured and bet on football from your phone. Riiiiight.

The NFL have made a real mess of this.

How?

The process is what is in the CBA. The league had to follow it - but now they they got their ruling from the disciplinary officer, they have power to adjust it. Because the NFLPA agreed to it.

I kinda don't think so, now. After watching it all play out, there's something to be said about how good this is playing out for Goodell's public image. He get's to be the hero who "rejects authority and does what's right"...even when that authority was extended from the company he runs lol

He has final say in the end, no matter what, per the conduct policy. Any "hearing" is really just pomp and circumstances. In this case, it's a good chance to align his image with positve virtues that historically, his decisions haven't aligned with.

Watson deserves it though. Solicitation, alone, is only bad if unwelcomed. Facilitating solicitation without all parties being aware is predatory.

Last edited:
I would love nothing than to blame the League, but it’s not on them at the moment.
The arbitrator ruled based on past precedent, which is on the League for mucking up past sv/domestic abuse cases.
The League is looking to set a new precedent.

IMO, FlemLo Raps has nailed the explanation that finally makes this process make sense to me by likening the "judge" in this case to having the role of the jury.

I’m expecting the League to announce a suspension Friday morning.

We eating a W on week 12 vs the Browns. Watson will be out for the season

Automatic W

*Better get the over 8 win total future bet in
There couldn’t be anything further from automatic win than Saints football. 😂 I sure hope you’re right tho. Bad ju ju.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom