Poll Do you think Corona Virus stay at home orders should be lifted? (Mod edited title) (1 Viewer)

Should stay at home orders be lifted?

• Yes

Votes: 40 31.3%
  • No

Votes: 78 60.9%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 10 7.8%

• Total voters
I’m done arguing with people about this. I have a couple months of supplies and I don’t have to go to work until September. Give them what they want. Open up every state that wants. Let them have at it. You want it? You got it. Make your choice and own it.

I’m done arguing with people about this. I have a couple months of supplies and I don’t have to go to work until September. Give them what they want. Open up every state that wants. Let them have at it. You want it? You got it. Make your choice and own it.

Except they’ll never own it. The blame will always be shifted.

No, I don't think they should stay in place but not because of the reasons most others think this way.

I personally think nobody is going to take it seriously enough to really do what is needed to get rid of the virus so it we would be struggling along with it for a year or more anyway and the economy can't sustain that. We screwed the pooch so badly that it has to get much worse before it can get better. The idiots will have to see the economy is going to get decimated with or without stay at home orders and when most people know people dying from Covid then they'll quit with the brainwashed stupidity and we can actually get coordinated as a country and get rid of this thing. It takes 2 months of real lock downs, huge amounts of widely available testing and contact tracing to knock it down. Until we realize that people are going to die and the economy is going to collapse.

I agree with your first sentence. I also don’t think half the population should be sacrificing , while the other half is pretending. I went to home depot for three things and couldn’t find a cart. All while wearing a mask that hinders my breathing. I’d say it was 30 percent with masks. I saw about at least eight people in one isle looking confused about how they are supposed to shop. They knew they were wrong but what could they do?

It’s pointless in the south at least because many stores are not doing anything different and people are not taking it serious. Daycares are opening back up. Might as well just open the flood gates and hope people wash their hands when daycares open up. All these orders are doing is just making everyday errands more of a chore.

I agree with your first sentence. I also don’t think half the population should be sacrificing , while the other half is pretending. I went to home depot for three things and couldn’t find a cart. All while wearing a mask that hinders my breathing. I’d say it was 30 percent with masks. I saw about at least eight people in one isle looking confused about how they are supposed to shop. They knew they were wrong but what could they do?

It’s pointless in the south at least because many stores are not doing anything different and people are not taking it serious. Daycares are opening back up. Might as well just open the flood gates and hope people wash their hands when daycares open up. All these orders are doing is just making everyday errands more of a chore.
Do you think it might have something to do with politics? Maybe? Just a little?

What could they do? Not go to freaking Home Depot. Flowers and potting soil aren't exactly life critical. Who can blame them though when the POTUS is on Twitter blasting Tweets that you would expect from Alex Jones. He took a full pass on coordination, preparation and unity. Sorry, I thought America was better. I thought Americans can do what almost every other country in the world with outbreaks has been able to do. Guess you're right, we're either too stupid or too inconsiderate.

the US has about 4.25% of the world's population but has 33% of the world's COVID cases and 25% of total deaths from COVID. Stay home as much as possible because clearly the current administration of the richest nation on Earth with the most expensive health care system on the planet cannot yet manage this pandemic.

the US has about 4.25% of the world's population but has 33% of the world's COVID cases and 25% of total deaths from COVID. Stay home as much as possible because clearly the current administration of the richest nation on Earth with the most expensive health care system on the planet cannot yet manage this pandemic.

But behind the scenes looks like they are getting ready for the country to reopen. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/wh...l-government-orders-100-000-new-body-n1197316

I firmly support opening the economy and rolling back the government over reach. A return to routine is the best course of action as far as I'm concerned.

We are the 3rd most populous country in the world. I tend to trust our numbers, although I have been reading about our numbers being inflated. The virus and another underlying medical problem may combine to overwhelm the victim. The is especially true in the cases of the elderly.

From what I have been reading, fresh air and going outside are good for you. I see people here (Hungary) our riding bikes and walking around all the time. The town I'm in, doesn't have any cases. I have no problem with workplaces opening, gardening, or people just doing their spring yard work.

From what I have read, most people find China's numbers to be bogus.

India- https://news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-cases-india-climb-towards-130435468.html
"India is still on the ascending limb of the epidemic curve and so to ease the restrictions will mean the cases will multiply uncontrollably," said Dr S.K. Sarin, who leads a government group tackling the outbreak in the capital, New Delhi, one of the hotspots.

The number of people infected with the coronavirus stood at 29,434, the health ministry said, a rise of 1,543 over the previous day. So far 934 people have died, a small number compared with the United States and parts of Western Europe where tens of thousands have died.

I firmly support opening the economy and rolling back the government over reach. A return to routine is the best course of action as far as I'm concerned.

We are the 3rd most populous country in the world. I tend to trust our numbers, although I have been reading about our numbers being inflated. The virus and another underlying medical problem may combine to overwhelm the victim. The is especially true in the cases of the elderly.

From what I have been reading, fresh air and going outside are good for you. I see people here (Hungary) our riding bikes and walking around all the time. The town I'm in, doesn't have any cases. I have no problem with workplaces opening, gardening, or people just doing their spring yard work.

From what I have read, most people find China's numbers to be bogus.

India- https://news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-cases-india-climb-towards-130435468.html
"India is still on the ascending limb of the epidemic curve and so to ease the restrictions will mean the cases will multiply uncontrollably," said Dr S.K. Sarin, who leads a government group tackling the outbreak in the capital, New Delhi, one of the hotspots.

The number of people infected with the coronavirus stood at 29,434, the health ministry said, a rise of 1,543 over the previous day. So far 934 people have died, a small number compared with the United States and parts of Western Europe where tens of thousands have died.

You are not wrong. My wife and daughter have been joking that they have never seen me so tanned. As I have spent most of my time outside (created my home office outside on my deck) and bike and work out an hour plus a day in the sun. I have that ability to do that.

But I have a hard time going from being out in the sun working in my yard to liberating the country. I also don’t get overly concerned about going out with a mask in and staying away from people. I mean I the end it’s a virus. But when you see groups of people gathering like nothing is going on I just shake my head. They aren’t doing a thing to slow this down.

But yet we live in a country where it believes in spending trillions on banks and big businesses and millions/billions dragging their feet to help out the actual people hurting. People did what they could. Small businesses were promised hope. People were promised enhanced unemployment. How’s that gone for them? I mean I can see why some think they do. Businesses and lives are depending on either getting back to work or getting the assistance they were promised. But, no. Not happening.

They make something called a 'dry suit' for swimming??? :hmm:
I thought a wet suit was supposed to keep you dry. Maybe they should call it a dry suit. :idee-puis-non:

A wet suit keeps you warm by trapping water inside an insulated material that becomes warm due to body heat. A dry suit keeps you dry.

If you're worried about swimming in a pool due to pee, you want a dry suit and diver's bell or to just avoid the pool.

Do you think it might have something to do with politics? Maybe? Just a little?

What could they do? Not go to freaking Home Depot. Flowers and potting soil aren't exactly life critical. Who can blame them though when the POTUS is on Twitter blasting Tweets that you would expect from Alex Jones. He took a full pass on coordination, preparation and unity. Sorry, I thought America was better. I thought Americans can do what almost every other country in the world with outbreaks has been able to do. Guess you're right, we're either too stupid or too inconsiderate.

I hope people remember the truth you just spoke when they're voting this fall. And, I hope they remember it wasn't just the POTUS who has been unwilling to pretend to look at this reasonably. Hell, our governor declared the WWE as essential because "we haven't had any new sports to watch".

It's difficult for anyone to take the infected information seriously when testing it so limited. The fact that the numbers are so bad with such little testing should caution anyone from thinking this is no big deal and the worst of it is behind us.

Most people also ignore the fact that it was not government that started shutdowns, but businesses. We see that businesses will continue to be shutdown after the lifting of restrictions. I have seen several economists state that the best insurance for economic recovery is remain shut down until this thing is past us.

Open it back up.
I have seen several economists state that the best insurance for economic recovery is remain shut down until this thing is past us.
Define "past us". No new cases? Where's the line? This virus isn't going anywhere. We will be dealing with it for months, likely years. Are we supposed to keep everything shutdown indefinitely? The economy will never survive!

It's time to start opening things up now. Do it smart and logical. Otherwise, we will have nothing to come back to when the virus does finally disappear.

i'm so tired of capitulating to the idiot minority

A wet suit keeps you warm by trapping water inside an insulated material that becomes warm due to body heat. A dry suit keeps you dry.

If you're worried about swimming in a pool due to pee, you want a dry suit and diver's bell or to just avoid the pool.
Since I've never had either one of those suits on in my life... I'll just stay out of the pool altogether. :9:

• 1Like
Reactions: dtc
This virus isn't going anywhere.
Yep. Humans better get used to having it along for the ride.
It's a lot like that old Jerry Clower joke about kids growing up and moving out on their own.
He explained, "But they're coming back!... And they're bringing more with them!" :covri:

Like it or not people will eventually have to accept that they'll never make viral threats completely go away. :sad:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom