Poll Do you think Corona Virus stay at home orders should be lifted? (Mod edited title) (1 Viewer)

Should stay at home orders be lifted?

• Yes

Votes: 40 31.3%
  • No

Votes: 78 60.9%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 10 7.8%

• Total voters
Open it back up.

Define "past us". No new cases? Where's the line? This virus isn't going anywhere. We will be dealing with it for months, likely years. Are we supposed to keep everything shutdown indefinitely? The economy will never survive!

It's time to start opening things up now. Do it smart and logical. Otherwise, we will have nothing to come back to when the virus does finally disappear.
Why is the economy more important than people's health? Do you exist for the sole purpose of making other people wealthy? Both economic and medical experts agree that smart and logical means restricting interactions, conduct widespread testing AND take actions to ensure that people will survive economically. We've only done one of those. What happens when/if this flares back up over the next few weeks? What exactly do you think the economic repercussions will be if that happens? I don't recall the specific numbers, but deaths increased from a couple thousand to over 60,000 from April 1 to April 30. What about that exactly indicates that we have a handle on this?

There is nothing smart or logical about arbitrarily opening things back up until we have a clear picture of where we stand with this virus.

Based on graphs and projections, we may not "get a handle on this" until July or August. Are you advocating we should extend the shutdown that far? It would definitely save more lives if we stay shut down for another 3 months. Just curious what other people are thinking. Personally, I don't think the economy of this nation could withstand that......but that's just my opinion.

Based on graphs and projections, we may not "get a handle on this" until July or August. Are you advocating we should extend the shutdown that far? It would definitely save more lives if we stay shut down for another 3 months. Just curious what other people are thinking. Personally, I don't think the economy of this nation could withstand that......but that's just my opinion.
Call it 'pride' or call it 'ignorance', but I don't believe the people of this country would ever allow the shutdown to last that long.
Very soon a majority of people will be siding with the economy over the lives being lost... unless the virus gets to the point where it starts affecting their loved ones close to home.
As I see it from the media, a large segment of the population is already at that point.

Call it 'pride' or call it 'ignorance', but I don't believe the people of this country would ever allow the shutdown to last that long.
Very soon a majority of people will be siding with the economy over the lives being lost... unless the virus gets to the point where it starts affecting their loved ones close to home.
As I see it from the media, a large segment of the population is already at that point.

I see a lot of what you typed on the Nextdoor app for my area. The only 2 social media platforms I have an account with are Nextdoor and LinkedIn. I'm about to shutdown Nextdoor. Lots of people complaining about the stay-at-home stuff, the businesses shutdown, etc. Some people saying the government is taking away their civil liberties and taking more control by using fear. I recognize some of those people from other threads where it's abundantly clear they are hard-leaning Republicans. What I don't understand is their talk about government control through fear and civil liberties being violated, yet the mayor of this town is an R, the governor of this state is an R, and the president of this country is an R. Sometimes I just want to ask what episode of the Twilight Zone I'm in, and where's the exit sign.

I see a lot of what you typed on the Nextdoor app for my area. The only 2 social media platforms I have an account with are Nextdoor and LinkedIn. I'm about to shutdown Nextdoor. Lots of people complaining about the stay-at-home stuff, the businesses shutdown, etc. Some people saying the government is taking away their civil liberties and taking more control by using fear. I recognize some of those people from other threads where it's abundantly clear they are hard-leaning Republicans. What I don't understand is their talk about government control through fear and civil liberties being violated, yet the mayor of this town is an R, the governor of this state is an R, and the president of this country is an R. Sometimes I just want to ask what episode of the Twilight Zone I'm in, and where's the exit sign.

Above is brilliant....Agreed....

the US has about 4.25% of the world's population but has 33% of the world's COVID cases and 25% of total deaths from COVID. Stay home as much as possible because clearly the current administration of the richest nation on Earth with the most expensive health care system on the planet cannot yet manage this pandemic.
It's ridiculous to continue calling us the richest nation on earth when ten percent of the population holds 63.7% of the wealth.

Nobody took a stab at my question. Should we stay shut down until August???

I've totally changed my position on this whole ordeal. Time to open up businesses and let the cards fall. To be perfectly honest, the vast majority of the population is not staying at home and hunkering down. Just look around.

Nobody took a stab at my question. Should we stay shut down until August???

I've totally changed my position on this whole ordeal. Time to open up businesses and let the cards fall. To be perfectly honest, the vast majority of the population is not staying at home and hunkering down. Just look around.

I agree. The death rate and numbers haven’t really gotten high enough to get people’s attention or worry. Got military flyovers celebrating first responders, governments throwing open the doors. Good times ahead, boys and girls. Good times ahead.

I agree. The death rate and numbers haven’t really gotten high enough to get people’s attention or worry. Got military flyovers celebrating first responders, governments throwing open the doors. Good times ahead, boys and girls. Good times ahead.
We have the death equivalent of a 9/11 every day.

If this virus had a face there would be people frothing at the mouth about this. It doesn't, so they don't care. They're trying so hard to hate on China for it but they can't go too far because that would be an actual fight, and people would lose their $300 televisions.

Please stay home if you're in Northern Va. The past couple of months have been great commutes.

I hear that!!!! No way I could live in Northern VA, though 270 and the beltway in MD is no walk in the park either....

If you can stay home, then stay home. But do it because you're risk averse - not because your government will put you in jail if you don't.

Who has been put in jail for leaving their house in the last month and a half?

You need a disclaimer because...

Valid point. I'll amend. Although to be fair, I think was the shooting someone part that got him in the most trouble. Anyway:

How many people have been arrested for just leaving their house based on a violation of a stay a home order?

I mean, it's not like there are troops on every corner with guns asking for your papers. Some businesses have been shut down in some places, but in most places businesses are allowed to operate with restrictions even during the height of this. And most places people have even been encouraged to get outside and get some exercise. I'm just not seeing 1984 come to life out there.

A few have been arrested for opening salons or churches and repeatedly flaunting violations of lawful orders, but not just for leaving the house. And some of those, Tony Spell and the salon owner, likely wanted to get arrested for the publicity and the Go Fund Me they would later start.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom