Does It Bother You That Obama's Middle Name Is Hussein? (1 Viewer)

Does It Bother You That Obama's Middle Name is Hussein

• Yes

Votes: 21 15.1%
  • No

Votes: 105 75.5%
  • I'm kinda suspicious

Votes: 13 9.4%

• Total voters
My middle name is Lynn, so is serial killer Tommy Lynn Sells....I bet people are suspicious that I'm a serial killer...totally makes sense

My middle name is Lynn, so is serial killer Tommy Lynn Sells....I bet people are suspicious that I'm a serial killer...totally makes sense

hey, my sister's middle name is lynn......i wonder what she is hiding behind that soccer mom facade :shrug:

What bothers me more is that anyone would consider not voting for golden boy Obama. Its just so trendy to do, everyone is doing it! yay!

(yep, sarcasm)

Honestly though, who cares what his middle name is.

Now, shoe size on the other hand....

heh.....

be nice or leave :mad:

there is no flow.....you ask a question and already have your mind made up......it "rasies an eyebrow" as you said

then, by all means, explain why it should raise an eyebrow other than it's the same last name as sadaam hussein.....a mere coincidence......big freaking deal

nothing to see here

edit:

i think the results of the pole and the thread rating speak for themselves

Oh give the guy a break. He simply acknowledged that there is a portion of our population that is ignorant enough to have a negative impression of someone or suspicions simply because of a person's name. I see such ignorance regularly, especially over Hispanic surnames. IMO, it's pretty naive to think such prejudices just don't exist. They do. The OP created a poll to see if (and to what degree) it might exist here. That's all. Your acting like he stole your action figure.

Now, will somebody explain to me why people here always refer to Obama as Obama and not Barack (Barry or Hussein), and McCain as McCain (instead of John), but often refer to Clinton as Hillary?

Last edited:
Now, will somebody explain to me why people here often refer to Obama as Obama and not Barack (Barry or Hussein), but refer to Clinton as Hillary?

It's not just here, check out their respective sites:

http://www.hillaryclinton.com/

http://www.barackobama.com/

You'll notice -- "Hillary for President" and "Obama '08"

I've used both "Hillary" and "Clinton" in discussion, but for so long "Clinton" was Bill Clinton.

It's not just here, check out their respective sites:

http://www.hillaryclinton.com/

http://www.barackobama.com/

You'll notice "Hillary for President" and "Obama '08"

I've used both "Hillary" and "Clinton" in discussion, but for so long "Clinton" was Bill Clinton.

So why is that? Clearly, if we're discussing the presidential candidates we're not talking about Bill. Well, I take that back because some think we are. But even those guys use "Hillary" often.

So why is that? Clearly, if we're discussing the presidential candidates we're not talking about Bill. Well, I take that back because some think we are. But even those guys use "Hillary" often.

I don't know. Why does she use "Hillary for President" on her website and in her campaign?

She's been in the spotlight for years and identified as "Hillary." At this point, perhaps it's just her way of reinforcing her own identity? People have either picked up on that or, "Hillary" as she's always been known, has just stuck, and "Clinton" has long been a reference to her husband.

Not sure there's much more to it nor meant to be somehow disrespectful or something but if so, somebody might want to let her know. ;)

What if his name was Baraka?
225px-Mksm_baraka.jpg

I don't know. Why does she use "Hillary for President" on her website and in her campaign?

She's been in the spotlight for years and identified as "Hillary." At this point, perhaps it's just her way of reinforcing her own identity? People have either picked up on that or, "Hillary" as she's always been known, has just stuck, and "Clinton" has long been a reference to her husband.

Not sure there's much more to it nor meant to be somehow disrespectful or something but if so, somebody might want to let her know. ;)

I know it's one of my pet peeves, but this is what it reminds me of....... The West Austin socialite putting on her garden party, junior league, DAR or whatever is asked near the end of the event if she needs a hand picking things up and wrapping up the leftover food. "No thanks," she replies, "Our boy James will take care of that" or "Our boy James will wrap it up and we'll send it home with him." Then, the "boy" comes in to straighten up and he's a 70 year old black man.

I agree, that Clinton has her first name plastered all over the place, probably in an attempt to establish herself as an individual, and not simply Bill's partner, spouse, extension...... I understand that she has to do that because so many tend to think of her as a part of the "Clinton Machine," a phrase and image Obama likes to perpetuate. But it still needles me to see her so often referred to (here, the media, conversations, etc) as "Hillary" when it's clear we're talking about the presidential candidate Clinton, just as we're talking about McCain and Obama. It's just my pet peeve I guess.....or maybe I have something against the name "Hillary" :scratch:

Not me but I know people who mention it. Plus they have that e-mail forward i have recieved and seen on this site about his name and muslim background.

I still don't think he can win the general election even if he gets the Dem. nomination. Of course, I thought he stood no chance of getting the dem nomination either.
Who knows, maybe enough people nationwide really want something different?

World's changing, kids.

Don't get left behind with the OP.

I'm more concerned that he's Dick Cheney's cousin than what his middle name is. I hope Obama doesn't go hunting with him :covri:.

Obama only got 24% of the vote here in Arkansas, so he is not as "in" here as he is in other places around the nation.

Tell me what he is selling that Arkansas is not buying.........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom