Dolphin fans overreaction Monday: Refs (2 Viewers)

1. I don't know if Sharper scored or not.

2. The clock would have stopped on the pass to Colston no matter what. It stops to move the chains. The Saints would have had time to either kick a field goal or run a play.

3. You can't fumble out of bounds to stop the clock. That's a penalty too; so it's either an illegal forward pass or an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. The result is essentially the same--maybe even worse.

4. This is just stupid. It had no bearing on the final result anyway.

5. He wasn't down...the ball was coming out already and that is the rule.

1. Not sure either, kind of glad they could not get a good view as it may have been coming out.

2. The clock would have run out if ref made the right call originally, but thats the rub of the game. In real time it appeared Colston had scored. Credit Colston for getting the ball over to make it look close. You cant balme the ref for thinking he scored.

3. He cleary threw the ball out of bounds to stop clock, dolphin fan being whiny on this one

4. You're right Shawn, too stupid to even address

5. Not sure about this one. I thought they might call him down. it was close. I was thinking they owed us one on that mysterious play thye did not review earlier because of some malfunction.

sounds like us after the vikings game last season....

The clock only stops to move the chains in college.

Wrong. It stops inside of two minutes in the NFL. Otherwise you are correct.

I do agree that the fumble forced by Harper was a close call, very close. But the replay was very clear, and it was clear to me that the ball was on the way out. There certainly wasn't anything that would have allowed them to reverse the call on the field.

Either way, it's mentally challenged for the Fins to get the benefit of the replay and yet complain because they stopped the clock to permit that same review.

IIRC the clock would've started as soon as the ball was made ready to play but Miami called a TO. So even with a review, it's partly Sparano's fault.

And they could've just as easily ruled it a fumble by Colston and a fumble recovery in the endzone for a TD, which I believe is what happened to Dante Rosario (TE for Carolina) a few weeks ago. At least you had the opportunity to stop it.

why u changed your pic now i dont reckonize u :hihi:

No, it doesn't stop in the NFL, why do you think the players rush to spike the ball during a two minute drill when they pick up 25 yards?

Because it doesn't "stop" the clock permanently, like a time out. The chains move and the ref sets the ball in play, and then starts the clock. You have to spike it or run a play. The clock will start regardless of whether the offense is ready to run a play or not...but it doesn't run until the chains are set. That rule was changed a few years ago.

Maybe I'm wrong about that, but I thought they changed two rules regarding the clock in the final two minutes, and that was one of them; the other involves stopping the clock on an out of bounds play--I don't fully understand that rule, but I thought the clock stopped out of bounds, and then the clock resumed once the ball was put back into play.

Last edited:
Here's where the 10 second run off logic within two minutes fails: If that Colston play were NOT a long pass for a TD and just a short pass for a TD (in which the saints would have HAD time to spike the ball and run another play), they would be screwed out of 10 sec. The booth reviews any controversial play within 2 minutes. Even if the refs had ruled Colston down on that play, the booth would have reviewed it.

ahahaha keep crying. What a bunch of pathetic excuses, and dead wrong on every one of them. They didn't seem to mind the holding that helped burst Ricky free on a long td, nor did they seem to mind the mysterious malfunction of the replay machine that changed the whole first quarter.

I think blaming the refs is almost always a cop out, but when you blow a 24 - 3 halftime lead... it is more than a cop out, its freaking ridiculous.

The calls/non calls went both ways -

1. Go back and watch Ricky Williams 68 yard run. Jonathan Vilma is tackled by the guy trying to block him. That springs Williams.

2. Bess' knees weren't down when the ball was coming out.

3. Keep in mind Sharper just had to break plane with ball in his possession I have yet to see video that it was coming out.

4. You are not allowed to throw the ball out of bounds to stop the clock, forward, laterally, or backwards.

5. The mysterious instant replay booth being broken on a play where a Phins WR had clearly dropped the ball and then being fixed for a call against the Saints.

If the Refs were in the Saints pockets as some Phin fans are claiming they sure did a lousy job.......

Well, even the Rams or Bucs fans have hard time admitting their team stunk. When you're a Dolphins fan, and you won the division last year, and you were up by 21 points with 10 seconds left in the half...you can't admit that you're team collapsed, or the community will ostracize you. Can you imagine if the saints lost? This board would have been full of "Same ole Saints" posts and people would rip them. Gotta point a finger somewhere, right?

Of course they're PO'ed. We would be too if our team gave up a 24-3 lead. They don't care that it was against the Saints. They feel that they should've won the game, as we would have felt if it had happened the other way around.

the only one I had an issue with was the Colston catch at the end of the half. they get it right.....then we go to the half at 24-3.
I think either way the refs call that one it gets reviewed.
The booth would said to close lets review.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom