Dolphin fans overreaction Monday: Refs (1 Viewer)

all good points...

anyway...all this *****ing about officiating is for sunday afternoon. a day later..and especially two days later..it is time to move on.

Officials were bad all around.

BTW...Sparano blamed himself for that timeout on Monday.

Crowder motioned to the sideline asking if they just keep the defense out there and run the same set....Sparano thought that Crowder was saying that we had too many men on the field and then Sparano called the timeout.

anyway...we had to know that a sneak was coming...gotta stop it. Nice play by Brees. credit where it is due.

you can copy and paste this after every week.

the only one I had an issue with was the Colston catch at the end of the half. they get it right.....then we go to the half at 24-3.

other than that...the refs were bad for both teams. there were holds on both teams. late hits..etc...incompetent refs screw both teams equally.

They did get it right. It was a bang bang play, hard to see his knee hit and was called a TD, they reviewed it and it was overturned. It's not like they called him down, then stopped the clock. It was called a TD on the field.

Because it doesn't "stop" the clock permanently, like a time out. The chains move and the ref sets the ball in play, and then starts the clock. You have to spike it or run a play. The clock will start regardless of whether the offense is ready to run a play or not...but it doesn't run until the chains are set. That rule was changed a few years ago.

Maybe I'm wrong about that, but I thought they changed two rules regarding the clock in the final two minutes, and that was one of them; the other involves stopping the clock on an out of bounds play--I don't fully understand that rule, but I thought the clock stopped out of bounds, and then the clock resumed once the ball was put back into play.
You're thinking about running out of bounds. In the first half the clock continues to run when run out of bounds until under 2 minutes and under 5 minutes in the second half. They stop the clock momentarily then it starts once the ball is set.

BTW, don't tell me that if that Polamalu call against the Colts had made the difference that Steeler fans wouldn't be talking about it to this day :p
They might. I wouldn't. Like I always say, good teams overcome bad calls. Typically, though obviously not always, the Steelers do.

Officials were bad all around.
Yeah, they needed a jersey to tear to call holding. Both teams were grabbing freely. I think that's why our protection got better later is that we figured out they were never going to flag a hold.

BTW...Sparano blamed himself for that timeout on Monday.

Crowder motioned to the sideline asking if they just keep the defense out there and run the same set....Sparano thought that Crowder was saying that we had too many men on the field and then Sparano called the timeout.

Of course he blamed himself...he called the timeout! The coach should know how many guys are on the field.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom