Elon Musk makes $43 Billion offer for private buyout of Twitter (3 Viewers)

First finance class at UNO, Professor Oscar Verela.....nice guy but his first major test was almost impossible, some questions/problems being well outside the scope of material covered, class average on the test was in the 30's....one person scored in the 70's.....he decided to grave on a curve and also gave a ridiculously easy final exam....

Students revolted and a few went to the administration, he was forced to drop the 1st test grade altogether.....he was a pretty good instructor just a bizarre method of testing....

OMFG - when were you at UNO???

I hadnt heard that name in 30 years.

Did you have that nut job professor for Statistics ( cant remember his name, but had a giant ashtray filled in his office and if you did, you KNOW who im talking about lol ) ?

Did you have that nut job professor for Statistics ( cant remember his name, but had a giant ashtray filled in his office and if you did, you KNOW who im talking about lol ) ?

I don't know when sfidc3 was there, but given that we are the same age, we were probably at UNO at the same time. I graduated in December of 1993 and started there in August of 1990. But I was over in the School of Liberal Arts avoiding all the math classes.

I don't know when sfidc3 was there, but given that we are the same age, we were probably at UNO at the same time. I graduated in December of 1993 and started there in August of 1990. But I was over in the School of Liberal Arts avoiding all the math classes.

Welllllllll... lol I was a late bloomer. (Piddled around plus military) I started UNO in 1994. Then in 1996 changed my major to Finance (without consulting counselor ) that removed like 20 hrs and knocking me from grad in spring 1998 to fall 1999. Brilliant. Lol.

Welllllllll... lol I was a late bloomer. (Piddled around plus military) I started UNO in 1994. Then in 1996 changed my major to Finance (without consulting counselor ) that removed like 20 hrs and knocking me from grad in spring 1998 to fall 1999. Brilliant. Lol.

Well, after getting my highly useful degree in Philosophy at UNO, I piddle around for half a year, went to grad school for a year, and then spent a year or so convinced I could be a writer before I finally gave up and went to law school. So, my academic career wasn't exactly a straight line either. But, I do have a lot of student loan debt to show for my 4 1/2 year liberal arts degree and year in grad school in Florida.

1983, (went to SELU in 1984), 1985 - fall 88.....Finance degree, wound up having a really good career in IT, never took an IT college class....I found the degree was useful for investing strategy, with that and luck was able to retire at 56.....

Young whippersnappers, both of you......

That tweet appears to be based on an article - do you know what it is? thx

I found this

Even 8VC website lists Denis Aven.

Gotta hand it to the Russian oligarchs, for as much as Russia despises the West, every last one of them have kids/family that study, live or work....in the West.

You and me both. Only had to go into the business building five times in my undergrad career... to take the ACT (technically not freshman year, but whatever), freshmen orientation, to take Human Sexuality with Dr. King (like seemingly every other UNO student), and to take the Economic History of the US, and micro (took at the same semester as the history course) and macro ECON. Those three classes cured insomnia.

I thought this was known all along or at least rumored that this was the case. Musk acts like he does to gain favors with people to get things. The liberal green believer to get cash to keep Tesla going from California. The star cruising forward thinking tech guy to get the money from California and the feds for SpaceX. Now the deranged person to gain favor with Trump and his X investors. Musk has no ethics other than what can you do for him.

Elon might have to dig further into the savings next year...

1000000157.png

Im not sure there’s a better example that money is nonsensical fiction than that nimrod is the richest person alive
(There’s a second very good example, but we’re not allowed to speak about that)

Im not sure there’s a better example that money is nonsensical fiction than that nimrod is the richest person alive
(There’s a second very good example, but we’re not allowed to speak about that)

It’s all about asset value. He has acquired assets that are valuable notwithstanding his actual talent and/or judgement.

If anything it underscores the harsh reality of money - it has no intrinsic moral quality.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom