Elon Musk makes $43 Billion offer for private buyout of Twitter (3 Viewers)

It is wild how much of my Threads feed is new people with a “first thread” designation saying they quit X. It was a lot a few days ago - this morning it’s like more than half of my feed. Some of that is the algorithm (I’m reading these posts so I get more of them) but many of the new members are blue checked. There’s definitely a high volume right now (though it’s impossible to know how meaningful it actually is).
Yep, I've also seen a huge influx of the same. I'm not sure what the cause was though, usually there is some reason behind the big exoduseseseseses

Elon Musk is bringing lawsuits to Texas. A judge with Tesla stock keeps hearing them​

Billionaire Elon Musk seems to have found a new favorite federal judge: Reed O’Connor in Fort Worth, Texas.

Musk’s social media company X has filed two major lawsuits against groups he sees as antagonists, and O’Connor is presiding over both of them, even though none of the parties is based in Texas.

So far, O’Connor has delivered stunningly pro-Musk decisions, which have gained widespread attention.

I saw that, wonder if recusal is in the cards.

I've seen Federal Judges recuse themselves from cases for less, but I've also seen Federal Judges refuse to recuse themselves when they had even more involvement. Not to be cynical, but it usually just depends on if the Judge wants to be bothered with the case or not.

I've seen Federal Judges recuse themselves from cases for less, but I've also seen Federal Judges refuse to recuse themselves when they had even more involvement. Not to be cynical, but it usually just depends on if the Judge wants to be bothered with the case or not.

I had a case recently where the circuit court, citing the need for the appearance of objective justice, replaced the district judge (after the second remand) on the basis that trial would require her to make credibility determinations of a witness she had already found credible in a plea hearing in a related criminal case.

Bottom line is they can do it if they want to. I think there's case law and ethics rulings that say that simply because a judge owns a reasonable (i.e. typical consumer) amount of stock in a public company, that isn't a financial conflict of interest. But it sure looks like one - and the appearance of conflict is supposed to be just as bad.

I'm sure it's already been said but, how dumb, street smarts not book smarts, is it to pay billions for a successful company and then change the name?
I don't really mind what Elon does, IMO he's better than the Jeff Bezos' of the world, but some of the things he does are head scratchers

I'm sure it's already been said but, how dumb, street smarts not book smarts, is it to pay billions for a successful company and then change the name?
I don't really mind what Elon does, IMO he's better than the Jeff Bezos' of the world, but some of the things he does are head scratchers
Elon used to be.. but something went off in his head and he spiraled..
head scratcher is a massive understatement as of late.

I hate my content being on twitter but i do not have a choice. Either i post it or some butt crevasse steals it and posts it on Twitter.
Kinda in the same boat. I use a lot of integrative pieces as well for posting content and Threads still have caught on with them enough to have their API not available. The developer claims it's Meta, despite the API for Facebook, WhatsApp, and Instagram being available. But there been no big push for them to implement Threads.

On another note, I wish Jack had been more successful with BlueSky as well.

I had a case recently where the circuit court, citing the need for the appearance of objective justice, replaced the district judge (after the second remand) on the basis that trial would require her to make credibility determinations of a witness she had already found credible in a plea hearing in a related criminal case.

Bottom line is they can do it if they want to. I think there's case law and ethics rulings that say that simply because a judge owns a reasonable (i.e. typical consumer) amount of stock in a public company, that isn't a financial conflict of interest. But it sure looks like one - and the appearance of conflict is supposed to be just as bad.

Yep, the case law allows them to keep those cases but the appearance of a conflict is supposed to be grounds for recusal. The reality is that really depends on the Judge whether they will do it or whether the upper court will "suggest" they do it. And sometimes they do it without even telling anyone why if they don't feel like dealing with the case or don't like dealing with one of the lawyers in the case.

Yep, the case law allows them to keep those cases but the appearance of a conflict is supposed to be grounds for recusal. The reality is that really depends on the Judge whether they will do it or whether the upper court will "suggest" they do it. And sometimes they do it without even telling anyone why if they don't feel like dealing with the case or don't like dealing with one of the lawyers in the case.

Judge recused in the X case

My threads feed is still a LOT of people posting that they have left X. If anything the pace is still increasing.

He’s still lying about X and his staffers are calling him out for it as well. He said he suffered a denial of service attack but his people say that’s not true. I think his scorched earth tactic when he took over is coming back to bite him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom