FA speculation intensifies in 3 .. 2 .. 1 .. (1 Viewer)

If this guy can stay clean around Johnny Football, then maybe heā€™s turned a corner?!?!
I think that ship has long ago sailed! He has had so many chances and honestly it is a sad situation to see such a superb athlete with an addiction he cannot beat.

I think that ship has long ago sailed! He has had so many chances and honestly it is a sad situation to see such a superb athlete with an addiction he cannot beat.
Agreed. Hereā€™s a story:
A Panthers TE coach by the name Pete Horner used to shop in my store pretty frequently. He and I would always talk football and such. One time when he just returned from coaching in the Pro Bowl, I asked him about how did it feel to get the chance to coach Jimmy Graham? Being that he was Jimmyā€™s coach for the game. He was very complimentary, but he injected Josh Gordonā€™s name into the conversation instantly. He GUSHED over Josh Gordon. Now keep in mind, that Pro Bowl roster had the likes of Brandon Marshall, Antonio Brown, Dez Bryant, AJ Green, Megatron, Andre Johnson, and Larry Fitz I believe. Pete said that out of all of the players (regardless of position) Josh Gordon was by far the most impressive, without question. I instantly said ā€œNo, canā€™t beā€¦.even more impressive than Megatron (who is one of my all time favorite players)ā€??? He said with an emphatic ā€œYESā€!!! I asked him to explain. He said that his size, speed, body control, balance, hands, coordination, fluidity, etc etc etcā€¦..was effortless/almost flawless. He named liked 20+ things. He said that out of all of his years coaching, heā€™s never seen a more ā€œnaturalā€ WRā€¦..just ā€œgiftedā€ beyond belief. He also said that the other players (WRs included) were blown away as well. The look in his eyes when talking about Josh was something to see. Itā€™s hard to explain, but from that day on, I have wanted to see Josh succeed, but we all know how that turned out. So, everyone will have to forgive me when I say that ā€œI would kick the tiresā€ on Josh for a few reasons. 1.) bc I have kicked addiction (although it was easy for me), but I will forever root for those with that sickness. 2.) I hate seeing supreme talent like his wasted. 3.) bc I am a fan of Gordon

Don't tease me like that.
Iā€™m doing my best to speak it into existence. If the Seahawks fail to make waves this year, It could happen. Iā€™m not buying all of that stuff he is selling to the media recently. He is saying what he needs to. His agent put that statement about wanting to be traded (this past offseason) at his request. Thereā€™s no denying it.

It would be nice to get some or one of those guys. I want to see Paulson Adebo take the outside and lock in. Film looks good, I did notice he peeks in the back field sometimes he might get rung up on double moves coaching can fix this

Agreed. Hereā€™s a story:
A Panthers TE coach by the name Pete Horner used to shop in my store pretty frequently. He and I would always talk football and such. One time when he just returned from coaching in the Pro Bowl, I asked him about how did it feel to get the chance to coach Jimmy Graham? Being that he was Jimmyā€™s coach for the game. He was very complimentary, but he injected Josh Gordonā€™s name into the conversation instantly. He GUSHED over Josh Gordon. Now keep in mind, that Pro Bowl roster had the likes of Brandon Marshall, Antonio Brown, Dez Bryant, AJ Green, Megatron, Andre Johnson, and Larry Fitz I believe. Pete said that out of all of the players (regardless of position) Josh Gordon was by far the most impressive, without question. I instantly said ā€œNo, canā€™t beā€¦.even more impressive than Megatron (who is one of my all time favorite players)ā€??? He said with an emphatic ā€œYESā€!!! I asked him to explain. He said that his size, speed, body control, balance, hands, coordination, fluidity, etc etc etcā€¦..was effortless/almost flawless. He named liked 20+ things. He said that out of all of his years coaching, heā€™s never seen a more ā€œnaturalā€ WRā€¦..just ā€œgiftedā€ beyond belief. He also said that the other players (WRs included) were blown away as well. The look in his eyes when talking about Josh was something to see. Itā€™s hard to explain, but from that day on, I have wanted to see Josh succeed, but we all know how that turned out. So, everyone will have to forgive me when I say that ā€œI would kick the tiresā€ on Josh for a few reasons. 1.) bc I have kicked addiction (although it was easy for me), but I will forever root for those with that sickness. 2.) I hate seeing supreme talent like his wasted. 3.) bc I am a fan of Gordon
It's truly sad that amount of players who have wasted god given talent because of drugs, ego, stupidity, etc. Being an LSU fan, Cecil Collins always comes to mind in situations like this. Cecil "The Diesel" was a freaking beast and could have been truly great. While his downfall wasn't drugs, he still wasted some amazing talent over stupidity.

It's truly sad that amount of players who have wasted god given talent because of drugs, ego, stupidity, etc. Being an LSU fan, Cecil Collins always comes to mind in situations like this. Cecil "The Diesel" was a freaking beast and could have been truly great. While his downfall wasn't drugs, he still wasted some amazing talent over stupidity.
Agreed. Cecilā€¦..the story of what could have been. He did fail 3 tests for weed, but yes, his downfall was more than that.

I read that in mini camp the Saints had Adebo getting reps outside and at nickle. Adebo said the nickle position was new to him. Made me think that they will take it slow with him like they do with most of the rookies. If so we desperately need veteran CB help.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom