Article Falcons fans have defaulted on more than $32 million in PSLs (1 Viewer)

What exactly is a PSL ? Are you just locked into the tickets or something ?

A personal seat license, or PSL, is a paid license that entitles the holder to the right to buy season tickets for a certain seat in a stadium. This holder can sell the seat license to someone else if they no longer wish to purchase season tickets.

One of comments states that Snyder is suing Redskin fans who default on their PSLs. I wonder if that's true. If so, it's unbelievably outrageous.

It's so Dan Snyder though. Wouldn't surprise me at all considering the man.

A personal seat license, or PSL, is a paid license that entitles the holder to the right to buy season tickets for a certain seat in a stadium. This holder can sell the seat license to someone else if they no longer wish to purchase season tickets.
So, in other words, paying for the right to pay for something else.

when you purchase a PSL, you are obligated to purchase season tickets. If you fail to buy season tickets, your PSL is forfeit.

Actually you aren't obligated... You have purchased the right to now buy tickets.

The defaults are on the PSL contract. Those ran from 10k to upwards of 50k per seat. So if you wanted 2 tickets at the 50 yard line, just the right to but them cost you 100k. In their infinite wisdom, you could finance that for a decade or more.

So that is what is defaulting. People aren't looking to continue to owe 10s of thousands to then have to shell out another several thousand just to attend a game.

I don't know how people got duped into thinking this was a good investment.

Actually you aren't obligated... You have purchased the right to now buy tickets.

The defaults are on the PSL contract. Those ran from 10k to upwards of 50k per seat. So if you wanted 2 tickets at the 50 yard line, just the right to but them cost you 100k. In their infinite wisdom, you could finance that for a decade or more.

So that is what is defaulting. People aren't looking to continue to owe 10s of thousands to then have to shell out another several thousand just to attend a game.

I don't know how people got duped into thinking this was a good investment.

What happens to the seat if a person who holds a valid PSL opts not to buy a ticket?

What happens to the seat if a person who holds a valid PSL opts not to buy a ticket?

They'll then sell the rights to another individual. I believe the rights are tied to specific seats. People are financing and defaulting on the loan agreement. They lose the PSL and it goes to the next person willing to fork over the money.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom