Falcons signed Kirk Cousins to 4-year/180M, $100 million guaranteed (1 Viewer)

IMG-1420.jpg
Collusion, several team did.

Curious to see what the deal is.

I prefer them signing him at 35 and coming off a major injury as opposed to drafting someone or going with a higher upside QB.
This. I'm not worried about Cousin. He is the ultimate 12 o clock, good against mediocre teams, garbage time Stat compiler qb.

He has no Jordan Jefferson to throw to or from the past thielen or Diggs.

If cousin gives Saints problems it's because they are a bad team not because Cousins is good.

Meh. He makes them better but the division is up for grabs between the Saints, Bucs, and Atlanta. None of them are very good but this move does put Atlanta in the mix with the Saints and Bucs.
That remains to be seen. Besides what everyone is not talking about but should be mentioned is Cousins 1-5 playoff record. Vikqueens let him go for a reason.

Take their first round pick away :LOL:

The Saints took a step forward from Andy Dalton to Derek Carr.

Thank you for writing!
Awesome, we went from one game out of making the playoffs to missing the playoffs by a tiebreaker. Tremendous improvement. Now how do you get from where we are now to actually making the playoffs and winning a playoff while Atlanta goes from Ridder to Kirk Cousins? A much bigger upgrade than Andy Dalton to Derek Carr.

You're welcome!

This is accurate.

Incredibly accurate passer, but he's a thinking QB. He's risk averse in times when he shouldn't be.

The Falcons will win the games they should. Lose most of the games they should lose, and they'll maybe win their wild card game, but that's it.
If the Falcons have a #1 defense, Kirk would be good enough, but getting that to align is tough when your QB draws that much money.
Falcons have had what 6 - 7 loosing seasons? I'm sure they'd be happy getting to the playoffs.

Awesome, we went from one game out of making the playoffs to missing the playoffs by a tiebreaker. Tremendous improvement. Now how do you get from where we are now to actually making the playoffs and winning a playoff while Atlanta goes from Ridder to Kirk Cousins? A much bigger upgrade than Andy Dalton to Derek Carr.

You're welcome!
When the dust all settles, I’m not the one angling to be right about the Falcons being good. That’s still our biggest rival and I’m going to poke fun at them signing this human rice cake, if I’m wrong I’m wrong but if I’m wrong that means they’re good and I’d mainly be unhappy about them being good.

Lol, crediting the Falcons. What planet am I on

You're welcome!
Well, it would help for the Saints to get high level playermakers at the defensive and offensive tackle positions in the draft cause that's the biggest problems in my opinon. And hopefully the new offensive coordinator Klint Kubiak can replicate what Sean Payton did since 2020. If the Saints can do that then things should look a lot better.

Tell that to his bank account.

Between the Vikings and the Falcons, he's banked what? Over a quarter bill?
Well that's just about the only thing that he has won. His playoff record is 1-5. He only reached the Divisional round once in his career. He and Dak Prescott achieved the same amount of success, being one and done in every playoff appearance. This is the threat that the saints have to be concerned about.?!?!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom