Falcons signed Kirk Cousins to 4-year/180M, $100 million guaranteed (2 Viewers)

This move puts us 3rd. I donā€™t like this at all.

No it doesn't. If Cousins comes back from injury at 36 as good as he was, it makes it a 3 way tie with Atlanta, Tampa, and New Orleans. Kirk Cousins, who is in the same range of QB as Carr and Mayfield, isn't going to suddenly make Atlanta good. It just means Atlanta has reached the level of mediocre that the Saints and Bucs have already achieved.

Iā€™m going with the glass half full. They just gave a 35 year old quarterback $100 million guaranteed. This could screw them up for years.

I don't think he's worth that much money and I'm okay with him taking the cash.
He's a good QB, but playing a QB to be very good and not great is not a great place to be.
In some cases, it's better to have a bad QB than a QB who almost can get you there. With the bad QB, you know you need to move on.

If I gambled on sports, I'd be buying all the Drake London stock I can find.

Coolā€¦Thereā€™s 3-4 sacks for Cam right there. An INT or 2 a piece for Adebo & Honey Badger. QBs like Cousins dont really worry me too much. Its QBs who can run that kill us. Cousins is literally Matt Ryan. The dude is soft & makes bonehead decisions vs pressure in any of its forms. Pass rush will key, especially vs the Falcons this year.
Win loss record aside Matt Ryan put up very good numbers against us

In fact I think his stats against us were better than Brees against Atlanta

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom