Falcons signed Kirk Cousins to 4-year/180M, $100 million guaranteed (2 Viewers)

Down play it if you want to, Cousins is a good player.

I could be wrong, but I'm more concerned that Baker Mayfield may have finally figured out how to play in the NFL than I am with 36 year-old Kirk Cousins suddenly becoming a game changer. Cousins is a decent to good QB, but he's not a guy that makes his team better than the talent they have. He makes Atlanta relevant and puts them back in the mix in the South again, but I'm more concerned with Baker building on last year and getting better than Cousins turning Atlanta into a good team. At his age, he's likely to regress, not improve.

Then again, Carr could be better in a new offense that fits his skills better so it's hard to know who will end up the best QB in the South. They all have their individual strengths and weaknesses but they are all pretty close right now.

I’m going with the glass half full. They just gave a 35 year old quarterback $100 million guaranteed. This could screw them up for years.
I’m glad we have the better QB cap number. DC4 will probably have some previous restructure dead money carried over to 2026. But it won’t put us in a big hole to stop us from potentially moving on with a 1st round QB’s contract in one of the ‘24-‘26 drafts by then compared to where Cousins’ deal will put ATL’s cap.

Torn Achilles, old, not scared of this guy. Typical Failcons signing. Will not be the same with that injury. Glad he's going to ATL. Give me a big boy for a DT that can push up the middle and we make him look like Mac Jones!!

He is trash , older and coming off of an Achilles injury. Send pressure up the middle and he will fall like a baby. Saints do better against traditional QBs than a running one.
I need you as a wing man when a beautiful woman turns me down. Some people think life is all about building others up.

...Forget that, I know I'm trash. Help me to tear the enemy down.

Somebody needs to design Cam a new visor with a screen that utilizes AI to put a #2 jersey on Cousins. Tell Cam the Falcons resigned Matt Ryan. He will get six sacks in those two games alone.

Cousins is a solid QB. NFC South looks much better with recent QB news. Panthers clearly still in 4th place. Glad that this likely means the Falcons won't be making a move up for Daniels. That was my nightmare scenario.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom