Fans In Dome (1 Viewer)

Yeah, well...you don't know what they might possibly be, so...there's that. And considering that some have died from taking the vaccine either directly or indirectly, that's an awfully calloused take from a medical professional. "Public health" doesn't care about the "broken eggs" - it cares about making the omelet. It's up to each person to assess for themselves and their families the risk of unnecessarily becoming a broken egg, even if it might impact you. Protect yourself and your own family accordingly.

Nobody is going to be dragged into anywhere to get a shot in this country. LOL.

Having said all that, I understand that it's been a rough year and a half for the world and especially people in your field. The ranting and venting is reasonable.

P.S. in before this thread goes to EE...

You're right I don't know ALL the possible longterm side effects of covid vaccines because they haven't been used long enough in humans to document them all. But the same could be said about polio vaccine which began the eradication of the disease in the early 1950's and finally so in the US in 1994. There was probably complaining about that too, but guess what, it was a necessity and anyone old enough to remember that time will remember that schoolchildren were vaccinated en masse. Yes there were issues that came to light but overall no one is complaining right now about the polio epidemic. I respect all life and for you to suggest otherwise is quite insulting, hence why I preach this vaccine to any and all. To preserve EVERYONE'S life.) Not to mention more have died from the virus than from the vaccine- so there's that.

Also, covid-19's short term and long term effects have been coming to light since the beginning. There are individuals who are still dealing with it's effects to this day since the beginning of the pandemic (aka, the long haulers). There's too many effects from the virus to list but the worst one of course is death. Everyone should make their "informed decisions" with facts, not the pseudoscience spouted on social media. That's what infuriates many in the healthcare field. Someone deciding not to get the vaccine because of some misinformation spouted by their cousin's friend's homeopathic aromatherapy "consultant". And I don't trust anyone to make the right decision (the reason I look both ways down a one way street or a roundabout) so believe me, I make those decisions for my family accordingly.

I may have used the phrase "dragged kicking and screaming" to describe the selfish, childish attitudes of the anti-vaxxer individuals, but it is not unconstitutional to mandate vaccinations under US law. If the federal or state governments say it's compulsory before you can leave your house, then yes you can be placed under house arrest until you're vaccinated. (If you'd like sources I can go grab them, but seriously, this has already been held up in the Supreme Court)

And although there are deaths attributed to the vaccine, an overwhelming majority have no proof of causation outside of anaphylaxis(ie severe allergic reactions) and typical reactions seen in just about ALL vaccines. See here for the facts. And here. And also here.

Surely, this country hasn't forgotten what it was like to pull together for a common cause to save fellow Americans already, have they? Is 20 years really that long to have forgotten?

Last edited:
Again, speculation on my part. But in other states, governors have overridden the Covid mandates imposed by mayors in their state. I am not saying they were wise or correct in doing so, but those actions were taken.

I am trying to avoid the political wars because of the rules of engagement on this forum. There are opinions that have been expressed that I strongly disagree with. But unless Louisiana substantially increases its vaccination rate, there is real question of what we will see in the Superdome this year. Sadly, it is fact that we have one of the lowest vaccination percentages in the country, and it is a fact that we have one of the worst Covid spikes in the country.

Again, speculation on my part. But in other states, governors have overridden the Covid mandates imposed by mayors in their state. I am not saying they were wise or correct in doing so, but those actions were taken.

I am trying to avoid the political wars because of the rules of engagement on this forum. There are opinions that have been expressed that I strongly disagree with. But unless Louisiana substantially increases its vaccination rate, there is real question of what we will see in the Superdome this year. Sadly, it is fact that we have one of the lowest vaccination percentages in the country, and it is a fact that we have one of the worst Covid spikes in the country.
Looks like State is next

Yeah, well...you don't know what they might possibly be, so...there's that. And considering that some have died from taking the vaccine either directly or indirectly, that's an awfully calloused take from a medical professional. "Public health" doesn't care about the "broken eggs" - it cares about making the omelet. It's up to each person to assess for themselves and their families the risk of unnecessarily becoming a broken egg, even if it might impact you. Protect yourself and your own family accordingly.

Having said all that, I understand that it's been a rough year and a half for the world and especially people in your field. The ranting and venting is reasonable.

Wow, tin foil wow. Yeah, all those hundreds of thousands of deaths in the U.S. from taking the vaccine. 🤦‍♂️ Wait, back to reality, we all know people are dying now because they are not vaccinated. Let’s try dealing in facts, not hearsay.

Wow, tin foil wow. Yeah, all those hundreds of thousands of deaths in the U.S. from taking the vaccine. 🤦‍♂️ Wait, back to reality, we all know people are dying now because they are not vaccinated. Let’s try dealing in facts, not hearsay.
Thank you.

I'll give my 0.02 on fans in the dome - the numbers are going to worsen and we'll be back in a lockdown. We might get lucky and have football finish the season out in their bubbles again.

The supposed equivalency you propose is completely nonsensical. According to:

There have been 3, yes only 3, deaths related to the Covid vaccine to a population of nearly 190 million people in the US from December 2020 to the end of reporting July 19th.

OTOH, there were 31 deaths from the virus in Louisiana, today, With 20 yesterday, and 14 the day before that.

In your scenario, you seem to be worried about the broken egg while the chicken coop is being blown to smithereens by a thermonuclear blast.

I just don't understand why folks are so worried about the vaccine, when the actual virus is hospitalizing and killing people in droves.

SFIAH

The supposed equivalency you propose is completely nonsensical. According to:

There have been 3, yes only 3, deaths related to the Covid vaccine to a population of nearly 190 million people in the US from December 2020 to the end of reporting July 19th.

OTOH, there were 31 deaths from the virus in Louisiana, today, With 20 yesterday, and 14 the day before that.

In your scenario, you seem to be worried about the broken egg while the chicken coop is being blown to smithereens by a thermonuclear blast.

I just don't understand why folks are so worried about the vaccine, when the actual virus is hospitalizing and killing people in droves.

SFIAH
Because "this is Musica. My freedom before anyone else."

According to:

You actually believe there have only been three deaths from the administration of vaccines?

You're COMPLETELY sticking your head in the sand if you buy that biased nonsense, my friend, or that adverse reactions are even being faithfully reported to VAERS in the first place. I attached a screenshot from one of the most honest and virtuous individuals I know detailing a recent example. You're just as willfully blind if you actually believe that over 600k people have died as a direct result of COVID in this country. Just pure bullshirt.

Having said that: I am not even close to suggesting that as many or more people have died from COVID vaccines vs COVID itself. Not even close. I never made a general equivalency there - you (and others) made that assumption. What I did suggest is that there is enough proven statistical data out there about who COVID kills such that a person can make fact-based decisions about their own personal health risks due to a possible COVID infection. Having assessed their risk of possible outcomes for a possible COVID infection, they may then also determine whether or not their risk is great enough to take on the short term risks of COVID vaccines (some of which we know) as well as the yet-to-be-known long term risks of COVID vaccines. For some INDIVIDUALS, the vaccine may be an unnecessary and/or potentially greater risk than COVID itself. That can be a sensible personal health decision, even if it may not be in the best interest of population health. That's the primary reason why so many have decided to take a wait-and-see approach, and that's why population health officials have been generally willing to sweep vaccine risks under the rug "for the greater good". And neither perspective is wrong.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210731-010812_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20210731-010812_Messages.jpg
    513.6 KB · Views: 11
You actually believe there have only been three deaths from the administration of vaccines?

You're COMPLETELY sticking your head in the sand if you buy that biased nonsense, my friend, or that adverse reactions are even being faithfully reported to VAERS in the first place. I attached a screenshot from one of the most honest and virtuous individuals I know detailing a recent example. You're just as willfully blind if you actually believe that over 600k people have died as a direct result of COVID in this country. Just pure bullshirt.

Having said that: I am not even close to suggesting that as many or more people have died from COVID vaccines vs COVID itself. Not even close. I never made a general equivalency there - you (and others) made that assumption. What I did suggest is that there is enough proven statistical data out there about who COVID kills such that a person can make fact-based decisions about their own personal health risks due to a possible COVID infection. Having assessed their risk of possible outcomes for a possible COVID infection, they may then also determine whether or not their risk is great enough to take on the short term risks of COVID vaccines (some of which we know) as well as the yet-to-be-known long term risks of COVID vaccines. For some INDIVIDUALS, the vaccine may be an unnecessary and/or potentially greater risk than COVID itself. That can be a sensible personal health decision, even if it may not be in the best interest of population health. That's the primary reason why so many have decided to take a wait-and-see approach, and that's why population health officials have been generally willing to sweep vaccine risks under the rug "for the greater good". And neither perspective is wrong.

Didn’t realize I clicked on ESPN. I go to sites to get away from politics but obviously the one Saints site I’ve always loved has also been infected and obviously should be nipped in the bud by the admints that are quick to change a title in a New York min if they don’t agree. Sad

The time to get the vaccine was in April if we were going to have fall events to be on schedule. Now the state is experiencing an outbreak higher than the initial outbreak by a lot and shows no signs of slowing down. There is a mayor in New Orleans itching to pull the plug, everyone knows this, none of what is going to happen in the next few weeks should be of any surprise to anyone who lives here locally. The state needed to be 70% by the fall and we're going to fall around 25-30% short. The only people who have the right to complain are the people who did what they were supposed to do, did what was asked of them.

People are worried and up in arms over mask mandates when we're headed toward lockdowns again if this don't turn around fast.

The time to get the vaccine was in April if we were going to have fall events to be on schedule. Now the state is experiencing an outbreak higher than the initial outbreak by a lot and shows no signs of slowing down. There is a mayor in New Orleans itching to pull the plug, everyone knows this, none of what is going to happen in the next few weeks should be of any surprise to anyone who lives here locally. The state needed to be 70% by the fall and we're going to fall around 25-30% short. The only people who have the right to complain are the people who did what they were supposed to do, did what was asked of them.

People are worried and up in arms over mask mandates when we're headed toward lockdowns again if this don't turn around fast.

I am not looking to turn this into a political thread.. i am just curious, in re to your statement that NOLA has a mayor “itching to pull the plug”- what do you mean, exactly ? Granted , i no longer live in NOLA, though i was living there when she was elected, and i voted for someone else for mayor- though i honestly cant remember who i voted for, maybe Desiree Charbonnet(?) In any case, i didnt vote Latoya, but why on god’s green earth would she be ‘itching to pull the plug’? What is she doing that is different from mayors in other large or mid sized cities in re to following CDC guidance, looking at new facts as they come in and then taking action? Ive heard all the propaganda in re to her being ”Destroya” or whatever the latest nickname is, but i would love some concrete examples of what she’s done that other cities’ mayors haven’t done in re to a global pandemic where we are ALL feeling our way in the dark to get through this thing.. as a Saints’ season ticket holder, it’d be awesome if 70k maskless unvaccinated fans could jam into the Dome for every home game, but unfortunately that isnt the way the world works anymore.

I am not looking to turn this into a political thread.. i am just curious, in re to your statement that NOLA has a mayor “itching to pull the plug”- what do you mean, exactly ? Granted , i no longer live in NOLA, though i was living there when she was elected, and i voted for someone else for mayor- though i honestly cant remember who i voted for, maybe Desiree Charbonnet(?) In any case, i didnt vote Latoya, but why on god’s green earth would she be ‘itching to pull the plug’? What is she doing that is different from mayors in other large or mid sized cities in re to following CDC guidance, looking at new facts as they come in and then taking action? Ive heard all the propaganda in re to her being ”Destroya” or whatever the latest nickname is, but i would love some concrete examples of what she’s done that other cities’ mayors haven’t done in re to a global pandemic where we are ALL feeling our way in the dark to get through this thing.. as a Saints’ season ticket holder, it’d be awesome if 70k maskless unvaccinated fans could jam into the Dome for every home game, but unfortunately that isnt the way the world works anymore.
Meaning it was always going to take very little for her to pull the plug given her track record during covid, whether people agree with her or not. She warned people the day these festivals were pushed back to the fall of what it would take for the area to have Saints football and fall Fests, that a huge portion nearing the now fabled "herd immunity" amount of vaccinations would need to happen from spring to fall. This was literally always a game of "Mess around, find out" of local officials for nearly 6 months, begging people daily to get vaxxed.

Meaning it was always going to take very little for her to pull the plug given her track record during covid, whether people agree with her or not. She warned people the day these festivals were pushed back to the fall of what it would take for the area to have Saints football and fall Fests, that a huge portion nearing the now fabled "herd immunity" amount of vaccinations would need to happen from spring to fall. This was literally always a game of "Mess around, find out" of local officials for nearly 6 months, begging people daily to get vaxxed.

I mean- again, from the outside not currently living in NOLA- everything you listed in your post seems like the responsible, appropriate things to do for a city leader in the midst of a global pandemic . 🤷🏻‍♂️ …. I just dont understand the backlash, or why any of this is considered ‘her fault’, or especially what’s wrong with begging people to get vaxxed.

The issue I raise is what is going to happen. Though I have a strong opinion on what people should do, this forum has been trying to avoid heated political discussions. I just saw a map of counties in the nation on the NYT website showing what parts of the country are experiencing the worst spikes. The map shows as hot areas parts of Florida and Missouri and sadly much of south Louisiana. I was struck by how badly Louisiana is doing compared to even many Southern states. We have a small window to get this turned around, which means a major increase in vaccination rates, or this fall is going to be a disaster given the concentration of events in September, October and November.

I am not a fan of the mayor. But currently there is no way we can have full attendance in the Superdome. There will be severely limited attendance or there will be a vaccination requirement for entry unless the Covid numbers here change dramatically. And the only way we are going to have that dramatic change is a dramatic increase in the number vaccinated.

A debate on whether anyone not vaccinated should change his mind should probably take place in a different forum. I became fully vaccinated in early March. Yes, a personal decision. But again the issue of what will happen with Saints football given current trends seems a legitimate subject for discussion here, and at the moment, it does not look good.

The issue I raise is what is going to happen. Though I have a strong opinion on what people should do, this forum has been trying to avoid heated political discussions. I just saw a map of counties in the nation on the NYT website showing what parts of the country are experiencing the worst spikes. The map shows as hot areas parts of Florida and Missouri and sadly much of south Louisiana. I was struck by how badly Louisiana is doing compared to even many Southern states. We have a small window to get this turned around, which means a major increase in vaccination rates, or this fall is going to be a disaster given the concentration of events in September, October and November.

I am not a fan of the mayor. But currently there is no way we can have full attendance in the Superdome. There will be severely limited attendance or there will be a vaccination requirement for entry unless the Covid numbers here change dramatically. And the only way we are going to have that dramatic change is a dramatic increase in the number vaccinated.

A debate on whether anyone not vaccinated should change his mind should probably take place in a different forum. I became fully vaccinated in early March. Yes, a personal decision. But again the issue of what will happen with Saints football given current trends seems a legitimate subject for discussion here, and at the moment, it does not look good.

I’m wondering what yall think, with training camp already started and the season opener a little over a month away- if the Saints might possibly consider doing any sort of ‘opt out’ for 2021 season ticket holders like they did for us in 2020 ? Or am i dreaming ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom