Finally! People are starting to realize that Dane Cook is not funny. (1 Viewer)

Good article. I've commented before on him, and it gives me some sign of hope for the future of comedy that "not being funny" may actually eventually catch up with him.

As for some prior comments, it's not his ego that gets me. There is many a comedian who had to have a certain amount of ego to get where they did. However, they were funny.

I also called him today's Pauly Shore in prior thread. In music terms, he is like Millie Vanillie, compared to U2.

My problem with Dane is that he over explains his jokes. He takes so long on the delivery that you get bored waiting for a punch line that can't live up to the explanation.

I totally agree. Every joke takes 20 minutes, he explains things, re-explains them, tells the setup again and again, then comes with some stupid ending. I feel like pulling out my fingernails while watching. And the fact some morons are laughing, makes me want to kick someone in the testicles.

To me, the laughter is that same kind of nervous adolescent laughter, that you see of teenagers, who are looking at their friends as they laugh for their peers' approval, and posing for each other to prove just how much they "get" the jokes (which are designed for their approval through obligatory references to sex, violence and drugs.) It's more like, "don't be caught not laughing at his sex jokes because it will make you look like a nerd who doesn't understand the joke," when the problems is simply that it is not funny and no one is brave enough to note the emperor has no clothes.

hahahahaha I don't even know who this guy is, but admittedly, I don't follow pop culture.

This was the best comedy in the entire thread:

He's Gone Oh you, Oh you'd
better learn how to face it

Oates, would you pay the devil to replace 'er?

TP:shrug:

hahahahaha I don't even know who this guy is, but admittedly, I don't follow pop culture.

This was the best comedy in the entire thread:

He's Gone Oh you, Oh you'd
better learn how to face it

Oates, would you pay the devil to replace 'er?

TP:shrug:

:hihi: Acre was out of touch and I was out of time. But on the forum there are always private eyes watchin you whether you are a maneater or not.

there is a difference??

/duckingforcover

LMAO. Dont you talk about U2 that way. You know the old people will come out in full force to tell you that you dont know anything about music because you dont like U2.

LMAO. Dont you talk about U2 that way. You know the old people will come out in full force to tell you that you dont know anything about music because you dont like U2.

yeah...i forgot that U2 is one of the greatest pop bands ever:ezbill:

there is a difference??

/duckingforcover

Why don't you go sit in you Camaro and crank up some Van Halen followed by some RATM and Audioslave. Obviously there is no differnce between them. They are all pop bands. Not as good a pop band as U2, but still they all had aot of top 20 hits.

/KennabraIndeed:ezbill:

widgy,

i wish i had a camaro because i drive a buick...as for van halen, that's a little before my time....can't argue about the rest though....

/KennaBrahIsBetterThanNoBrah

whatever that means

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom