Finally! People are starting to realize that Dane Cook is not funny. (1 Viewer)

from rolling stone

How can any comedian get as famous as Dane Cook has with no jokes?

Taylor Dayne. Cookie Monster. The Great Dane next door. Cooke City, Montana. A prune Danish. The Bugs Bunny cartoon that goes, "Cook! Where's my hasenpfeffer?" This is just a partial list of things that are funnier than Dane Cook, but let's stop here or we could go on all day, like one of Dane's monologues. Yeah, we get it: the world's hottest comedian, a success story, the MySpace generation, blah to the blah, but where are the ****ing jokes? Dane, did you bring any jokes at all? Or did you just figure you'd think of some after you got famous?............................

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/12073063/pop_life_the_jokes_on_us

i have never seen dane cook's stand-up, so i can't really say one way or another...i have heard bits and pieces of his stuff on the radio and i thought it was funny....i have heard much funnier though (carlin, cosby, murphy, williams)...i guess i am just dumb:hihi:

Told you so.

yeah, i saw that coming a mile away

i have never seen dane cook's stand-up, so i can't really say one way or another...i have heard bits and pieces of his stuff on the radio and i thought it was funny....i have heard much funnier though (carlin, cosby, murphy, williams)...i guess i am just dumb:hihi:

Well, you have been know to quote Larry the Cable Guy.:scratch:

/GitRDone?:ezbill:

Well, you have been know to quote Larry the Cable Guy.:scratch:

/GitRDone?:ezbill:

in my defense, my son has watched "cars" 10 times since it came out last week....i have sat down and watched parts of it with him....larry the cable guy is the voice of "tow mater", the old beat up tow truck.....and he says all of his trademark lines in the movie.....

in my defense, my son has watched "cars" 10 times since it came out last week....i have sat down and watched parts of it with him....larry the cable guy is the voice of "tow mater", the old beat up tow truck.....and he says all of his trademark lines in the movie.....

Yeah, I saw Cars with my daughter and, as much as I dislike the guy normally, he was pretty good in Cars. I'm working hard to avoid accidentally using any of his trademark lines.

But, I'm with those that don't get the Dane Cook thing. I saw him one time on Saturday Night Live last year. I just didn't find him funny and in fact, had no idea who he was at the time. I thought he must have been some actor and they just wrote bad sketches for him. I guess it was just him. Then, one day a few months ago, I was flipping channels and his "Tourgasm" show came on HBO. I watched a few minutes of his stand up and just didn't find it funny.

For what it's worth, Bill Simmons the "Sports Guy" says he's a real jerk in person and very arrogant to fellow comics.

I am a huge Bill Simmons fan and almost always agree with him, except for his 90210 obsession. That show was lame. Anyway, I saw Dane Cook's standup. As Bradshaw says "Not Funny!"

This was from Simmons' list on who he'd like to fight.

"Note: I almost threw Dane Cook in here because he wore a Yankees cap to a Crank Yankers taping a few years ago even though he's allegedly a big Boston fan, then refused to laugh and took the holier-than-thou approach when my buddy Paul loudly farted in the studio. ... Five years later, he's taking dumps in a garbage can on the TourGasm bus and grossing out his buddies and pretending he's a guy's guy.)"

Cook sounds like a total poser.

I totally agree. Every joke takes 20 minutes, he explains things, re-explains them, tells the setup again and again, then comes with some stupid ending. I feel like pulling out my fingernails while watching. And the fact some morons are laughing, makes me want to kick someone in the testicles.

+10000000000000000000

I checked out about 10 minutes of Cook's special on HBO........
my wife woke me up and said that she was shocked at how deeply I slept. She said that only Ny-Quil makes me snore that loud. Go figure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom