Fins' want Simoneau?!?! (1 Viewer)

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They must be absolutely stupid.

Don't let the door hitcha where the good Lord splitcha. :9:

Can y'all sniff the scent of a REAL MLB? Oh I hope Simmons isn't the answer though. FA please.

I would take him over Simmons as depth to be honest, but we were ripped off in the Simmons deal.

Let the Phins have him. He shows great heart, and is determined, but doesn't show much awareness on the field and he was really sub par this past year.

How do you figure that? its obvious Payton was playing favorite with the returning starters, they got every opportunity to play and play through there mistakes...i'm sorry but Simmons is better than Simoneau he's had a better career and better size and ability, Payton would not bench a player....but you see now that the season is over, who is being let go (not resigned)....Simoneau.....I think its to easy to assume that he wasnt good enough thats why he didnt play....I think he (like a couple other players) just werent given the opportunity, no way there is that big of a talent drop off from Simoneau to Simmons...thats almost laughable.

Bwaaaaaaaahaha can they please take The Shanle off our hands I would really appreciate that, the Tuna has a history with him; as I have a gut feeling Coach is gonna start him again along with JD, lets all pray I'm wrong....

-- Dolphins to Meet with Simoneau --
Fri Feb 15, 2008 --from FFMastermind.com
#
'The Miami Herald reports there are few middle linebacers on the free agent market. New Orleans LB Mark Simoneau (6-0, 238), who is 31 years old, helped the Saints improve enough for the team to make the 2006 NFC title game. Beyond him, the starting material looks rather thin. Simoneau's agent William Vann McElroy said he had a meeting scheduled with Dolphins GM Jeff Ireland at next week's NFL Scouting Combine, but he doesn't know which specific players will be discussed.'

http://ffmastermind.com/quickbits.php

Don't let the door hit you, Marc. You were better than what Haz left us with, but you're not a starting MLB. Wishing you the best in Miami.

Don't let the door hitcha where the good Lord splitcha. :9:

Can y'all sniff the scent of a REAL MLB? Oh I hope Simmons isn't the answer though. FA please.

Simmons will move Shanle out as starting WLB, the positiion he played more in Cincy. Shanle isn't a starting WLB, and he wasn't much better than Simoneau.

Both were 'duct tape' fixes for a leaky LB corps. The coaches realize that now, after 2 years.

Can we interest the Tuna in Jason David? Given that the Hole in the Zone is a better defender, if we don't get some CB help would we be better with a 10 man D?

How do you figure that? its obvious Payton was playing favorite with the returning starters, they got every opportunity to play and play through there mistakes...i'm sorry but Simmons is better than Simoneau he's had a better career and better size and ability, Payton would not bench a player....but you see now that the season is over, who is being let go (not resigned)....Simoneau.....I think its to easy to assume that he wasnt good enough thats why he didnt play....I think he (like a couple other players) just werent given the opportunity, no way there is that big of a talent drop off from Simoneau to Simmons...thats almost laughable.

I agree, a number of players out played the starters but for some strange reason could not stay on the field...Lets hope Coach goes back to his "EARN IT" days, but clearly last season that did not happen.....

I agree, a number of players out played the starters but for some strange reason could not stay on the field...Lets hope Coach goes back to his "EARN IT" days, but clearly last season that did not happen.....

I'd disagree with that. To his credit Payton is all about open competition. This is how Pierre Thomas is still on the roster instead of Antonio Pittman or a Marques Colston instead of Donte Stallworth. Now if you want to say he overestimated how good his starters were in '06 going into '07 then he's guilty. But Payton had little reason to juggle the defensive lineup. I believe the D finished 11th overall in '06. If Simmons had been incredible last preseason and Payton had still started Simoneau then you might have argument. But Simmons didn't stand out anymore than Simoneau so he went with the guy that helped the team get to the NFCCG.

I'd disagree with that. To his credit Payton is all about open competition. This is how Pierre Thomas is still on the roster instead of Antonio Pittman or a Marques Colston instead of Donte Stallworth. Now if you want to say he overestimated how good his starters were in '06 going into '07 then he's guilty. But Payton had little reason to juggle the defensive lineup. I believe the D finished 11th overall in '06. If Simmons had been incredible last preseason and Payton had still started Simoneau then you might have argument. But Simmons didn't stand out anymore than Simoneau so he went with the guy that helped the team get to the NFCCG.

Also I think Payton puts a lot of emphasis on training camp. I think he has an open competition there and once you are a starter, you stay a starter until injury or FA dictates otherwise.

That theory (if indeed it is his mindset) is good in the sense that you are not going to have a knee jerk reaction to poor play and you make guys earn their spot when they should, training camp, but you are also less ope to change if a player is preforming poorly i.e. David.

Also I think Payton puts a lot of emphasis on training camp. I think he has an open competition there and once you are a starter, you stay a starter until injury or FA dictates otherwise.

That theory (if indeed it is his mindset) is good in the sense that you are not going to have a knee jerk reaction to poor play and you make guys earn their spot when they should, training camp, but you are also less ope to change if a player is preforming poorly i.e. David.

I agree about his attitude about competition in TC and not during the season. I just get a little annoyed with all the revisionist history here.......seems that everyone (but me) saw that Simmons was better last preseason because of his spectacular play than SImoneau but Payton stubbornly kept SImoneau in the starting lineup. No, the truth is Simoneau struggled just like the rest of the Defense, And if Payton were so enamored with Simoneau then why wasn't he retained? The problems with the Saints Defense in '07 prettty much begin and end with poor play by the DL. WIth better pressure and shut down running lanes guess what? Jason David would've looked like a decent CB and Simoneau would looked like he did '06. Give a QB all day to find the open man and David gets torched to the ground. Give a RB a hole you could drive a Peterbuilt through and Simoneau looks like he did in '07............

some of these post are sooo funknee. Here's one.

"He's an upgrade for them over Zach Thomas or Channing Crowder." We're talking about Simoniz, right?

Here's another one.

"How could anyone possibly argue this signing??? We have Simineau! Simineau!

"Zach Thomas could play better MLB, in a wheelchair better than Simineau." Instincts are the most prominant quality in a MLB and I am guessing that he hasn't lost this.

In a wheelchair? Simoniz is not very shinny in the Big.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom