Fins' want Simoneau?!?! (1 Viewer)

How does this work? His agent can speak with a new team, but the player himself has to wait until FA to meet with the suitor? Well, I hope we are speaking with the agents of Trufant, Briggs, Samuel, Williams, etc.

great we could swap mlbs, I think that was our weakness and their strength, lets swap

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They must be absolutely stupid.
I doubt they are looking at him to be a starter and if they were they would be stupid. I think he would make a good backup OLB and special teams player for the Dolphins.

Zach Thomas to visit wth the Saints as per the news. I was listening to Zach Thomas on Sirius this morning with Pat Kirwan. After the cordial greeting and all had expired he asked Zach Thomas some questions about his health, etc. He said if it would not have been for the automobile accident last year after he had just recovered from the cncussion he would have been back on the field. Some 2 concussion rule??? Kirwan then asked him if he still had a love for the game and he said absolutely. Kirwan then said if there were any teams he was interested in and he would not name any names and never hinted towards any. He only stated that he did not want to go to a team rebuilding, he wanted to play somewhere that would be a contender. Said he would retire a Dolphin when that day came.
Then Kirwan askes him "What about the New Orleans Saints" out of the blue.... He said "That is a team that could really use your services" His strong points are Man to Man type coverage schemes, which is what we play.
Thomas said he rathered playing in the 3-4 the past few years and thought he actually was better suited for it than the 4-3, Not having to take on a blocker every down.
Kirwan spoke about contract type stuff after Zack was off the phone and said it would probably be a heavy incentive laced deal with a little more than Veteran minimum being the starting point and all other incentives being derived from performance and playing time/games played/pro bowl, etc. a deal like this would be sweet. I say we ink him before he leaves the city. He also brings a lot of leadership ability along with him and plays hard.
Don't kill the messenger. I realize I have some personal opinions mixed in with what was said on the radio. But how can you justify breaking the bank, so to speak, for Kawika Mitchell, not even the best LB on that team. And not justify Giving Zach Thomas a $1 million dollars a year base salary with incentives that could escalate that upwards to near what you would probably pay for Mitchell if he came here and didn't even start.
Think about it..............

You guys are trying to run him off but what always happens when young undeveloped players leave this team?
They turn into Pro-bowlers.. So whatever.. if we allow him to leave then i hope we find a veteran star upgrade.

Well, in 5 games last season, Thomas had 52 tackles, 1 sack and 2 passes defensed... In 16 games last season, our starting MLB (Mark Simoneau) had 70 tackles, 2 sacks, and 1 pass defensed.

He would definitely be an upgrade for us, but I'd have to bet he signs on with an AFC team that runs a 3-4 and is a contender... San Diego or New England.

Zach Thomas to visit wth the Saints as per the news. I was listening to Zach Thomas on Sirius this morning with Pat Kirwan. After the cordial greeting and all had expired he asked Zach Thomas some questions about his health, etc. He said if it would not have been for the automobile accident last year after he had just recovered from the cncussion he would have been back on the field. Some 2 concussion rule??? Kirwan then asked him if he still had a love for the game and he said absolutely. Kirwan then said if there were any teams he was interested in and he would not name any names and never hinted towards any. He only stated that he did not want to go to a team rebuilding, he wanted to play somewhere that would be a contender. Said he would retire a Dolphin when that day came.
Then Kirwan askes him "What about the New Orleans Saints" out of the blue.... He said "That is a team that could really use your services" His strong points are Man to Man type coverage schemes, which is what we play.
Thomas said he rathered playing in the 3-4 the past few years and thought he actually was better suited for it than the 4-3, Not having to take on a blocker every down.
Kirwan spoke about contract type stuff after Zack was off the phone and said it would probably be a heavy incentive laced deal with a little more than Veteran minimum being the starting point and all other incentives being derived from performance and playing time/games played/pro bowl, etc. a deal like this would be sweet. I say we ink him before he leaves the city. He also brings a lot of leadership ability along with him and plays hard.
Don't kill the messenger. I realize I have some personal opinions mixed in with what was said on the radio. But how can you justify breaking the bank, so to speak, for Kawika Mitchell, not even the best LB on that team. And not justify Giving Zach Thomas a $1 million dollars a year base salary with incentives that could escalate that upwards to near what you would probably pay for Mitchell if he came here and didn't even start.
Think about it..............

Great recap! Just to add a little to it...Thomas also said he had already broken down game tape on all 16 games for a few teams anticipating his release. He wants to find a place where he fits and is needed. I think this is indicative of his work ethic and we need someone like this on our defense.

You guys are trying to run him off but what always happens when young undeveloped players leave this team?
They turn into Pro-bowlers.. So whatever.. if we allow him to leave then i hope we find a veteran star upgrade.

like who?

Noone. The most commonly refered to player is Stallworth, who in reality, as the number 2 reciever on the best offense in the league, still didn't put up any better numbers then he did here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom