Formula One (1 Viewer)

So far 2023=2022 for the most part

RB dominant
MB sucks
Ferrari is Ferrari

AM is now a firm top 3 team

Might be time to give up on the exotic design MB...Better see some sidepods in 24
Eh, AM gonna need a few more podiums for me to call them firm top 3 team. We'll see. Good for them in this race tho. Both cars ran well.

Yeah, plus the inaugural event. I suspect it's pulling nationwide and even worldwide buyers.
Oh, there's no doubt plenty of international buyers. I mean, fans from countries represented will jump at the chance to see and experience Vegas while attending an F1 race. It's easy money. I for one think it's going to be an awesome event. I'd go, but...$$$.

Aussie GP setting up to be very interesting. The top four teams look very close to each other on pace - and even Alpine is nipping at their heels. Checo wasn’t able to make a single lap in FP3. Tires doing tricky things.

Alonso’s car might be the best looking in how it gets around the track, that AM team looks very racy early on in this season.

Qualifying in an hour

Last edited:
Wow, Leclerc is out already? Oof. Team Ferrari's problems continue. Smh.

Just bad luck there. Thought he could come back over Lance but Stroll had to hold his line with Alonso on the inside.

Just bad luck there. Thought he could come back over Lance but Stroll had to hold his line with Alonso on the inside.
Yeah, it was a tough spot for sure. I don't understand why he didn't stay in the car and wait for someone to pull him out. Are the rules different than Nascar if you get stuck in the gravel?

Yeah, it was a tough spot for sure. I don't understand why he didn't stay in the car and wait for someone to pull him out. Are the rules different than Nascar if you get stuck in the gravel?

I’m not 100% sure but I think the rule is that if the driver gets out and the car is moved by another mechanism, the car is disqualified from further competition. A driver stuck in the gravel has to get out so the crane truck can move the car - so it’s an automatic retirement.

It could even be as simple as if the driver gets out, it’s done - not sure.

I’m not 100% sure but I think the rule is that if the driver gets out and the car is moved by another mechanism, the car is disqualified from further competition. A driver stuck in the gravel has to get out so the crane truck can move the car - so it’s an automatic retirement.

It could even be as simple as if the driver gets out, it’s done - not sure.
Yeah, I remember another race where 2 wrecked, one driver got out to check on the other driver then was gonna go back to his car but they told him he was retired from the race because he got out of the car.

And of course, now the race is red flagged for another incident. I'm turning in now. 💤

A nice presentation on where Mercedes is right now and how they are first trying to solidify their control over second fastest before gunning for Red Bull. The battle for second on manufacturers is definitely the most interesting thing in F1 right now, with Aston Martin being right there in the mix adding a new element for 2023.

Wild Miami qualifying. Checo’s roll continues.

Mercedes made some team changes a couple of weeks ago trying to find some quality momentum and it seems like they may have actually taken a step back. Another finish behind Aston Martin in Baku and now in Miami, Lewis fails to make Q3 on time and Russell wasn’t much better. Merc clearly in a very real battle for third with Aston.

And McLaren continues to be junk. Those two teams have to be in near freak-out mode.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom