Ginn and Armstead we need you back in the worst way (2 Viewers)

I think whatever happens tonight might determine how quickly bring armstead back. If the bears lose we have some wiggle room for the 2 seed, we can afford to not rush him back. If the bears win we might need him back ASAP.

What have you seen in practice that leads you to think the Saints' coaches are being stubborn?
It's what you see in the games, or what you don't see in the games the Rookie receivers aren't doing the simple fundamentals like working back to the Quarterback after the initial coverage, rounding routes tipping off DBs. (Kirkwood did this in the Dallas film study if you want to go back and look that up), and dropping passes. Tre'Quan big drop in the Dallas game, and another big drop today.

Even Ronde Barber pointed it out after Drew's fumble at the start of the 2nd half, when Drew drops back and he doesn't have the first read or Mike.. he has no answer which is why we're seeing him hold the ball way longer, and make uncharacteristic poor throws.

I don't need to see practice to know Brandon Marshall is a 13 year veteran, and Ted Ginn is a 12 year veteran.. they know how to play WR in this league, and they need to be out on the field in crucial big games.

I think Ginn can return to practice this week based on the 8 week IR period. The Saints need him back in a major way. The young guys have upside, but they do not have the consistency to be relied on yet... They also don't demand the attention that a veteran burner like Ginn does. Our WR corps is just too sketchy at this point. Brandon Marshall must really have next-to-nothing left in the tank... because the fact he can't even crack the active roster over Carr and TLL is very telling IMO. They NEED Ginn back!

Armstead is even more important than Ginn. Brees seems to have lost faith in Bushrod, as he appears to be rushed back there waiting for the pressure to get home. I also believe that the absence of Armstead has has a ripple effect on the rest of the OL. We need him back to restore the continuity of the entire unit... not to mention he is one of the best LTs in the league.

This was a WIN that the Saints needed, but there are still many areas that need shoring up before we hit the 2nd season.

Even if Ginn comes off IR the Saints have three weeks before they have to activate him. I cannot see them activating him before two weeks due to catching up to football speed!

That drop by Smith was inexcusable and does highlight his inconsistency at this point. I still believe he will be a great draft pick, but he cannot disappear for long stretches like he has. Obviously Drew at this point does not have much confidence in him so I sure hope Ginn can get back on the field and Marshall can start contributing some!

More inexcusable was the drop by Hill. I'm tired of waiting on him to turn the corner. All the potential in the world, but the light just doesnt consistently come on.

More inexcusable was the drop by Hill. I'm tired of waiting on him to turn the corner. All the potential in the world, but the light just doesnt consistently come on.
There was a stretch last year where Hill was catching some stuff. Dunno what's up this year.

There was a stretch last year where Hill was catching some stuff. Dunno what's up this year.

Absolutely. He has the ability to be good, but for whatever reason he's not consistent enough to be a threat. At this point in his career, I think he is what he is. And by that, I mean he's upgradeable.

That drop by Smith was inexcusable and does highlight his inconsistency at this point. I still believe he will be a great draft pick, but he cannot disappear for long stretches like he has. Obviously Drew at this point does not have much confidence in him so I sure hope Ginn can get back on the field and Marshall can start contributing some!
Isn't it at least a little bit interesting that a guy known for dropsies with his previous organization is the guy we are looking forward to coming back due to his speed and sure-handedness?

Looking like we'll have both back for next Monday night's game.

Yes Ginn is slated to be back. He is much needed at this point. Wonder if we see Marshall as well. It’s clear we need some veteran presence in the receiving core to go with Thomas back there. Our young receivers sometimes hit the wall trying to play the bigger role.

Ginn and Marshall need to replace Lewis and Carr.

Makes no sense to have two receivers that are virtually useless, active on game day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom