Haener film looks better than Young. (1 Viewer)

Detiller made a comment about him hitting Shaheed in stride with a 60yd "bullet" or "on a rope" something along those lines. Don't have a link, but I read it on here in one of the threads. Best I can offer, but sounds like good stuff.

Yeah, Marino had a notably strong arm and Haener isn't remotely on par with him in that regard. I also don't think that particularly matters.

What matters is if Haener has enough arm strength to play at this level, and whether he can develop the other skills to compensate for not having elite arm strength. I believe his arm is sufficiently strong enough and time will tell if he can develop his overall skillset to become a successful NFL player.

You must have been there right along with me cause I've been watching and telling people about Jake for almost 2 yrs. Watched most of his games at Fresno St
I like to watch every now and then film on QBs and instead of watching and thinking how they will do in the NFL, I picture an nfl QB going to college and how they look, Burrow was an obvious, Haener has a similar look as well, if he was on LSU or Alabama squad, heck even Georgia, their would be no doubt who the #1 overall would be, it wouldn’t be Bryce Young.

Bryce played in the SEC, which is on another difficulty level entirely.
So did Jamarcus Russell. :covri:

Kurt Warner played for Univ. of N. Iowa.
Jerry Rice played for Mississippi Valley St.

We could go on with many more examples. The OP started a good discussion. Well done!

:gosaints:

Some hella big names in this Jake Haener thread... High hopes, high hopes, is off to the superbowl we go... <singing>

;)

DTR and Jake Haener were my two "high potential" QB prospects. Curious to see where they will stand three years from now.

Few days late, but:

Young Dan Marino had a legit cannon. Through about 1986. During the 1987 season, Marino started having Kenny Stabler knees and lost something off his fastball

Bryce Young didn’t go #1 for top arm strength. Richardson and Stroud have more arm power, especially Richardson. Young’s better than the two in accuracy and quick reads. Haener’s comparable in both areas throughout college.

Young was surrounded by top NFL talent in his offense on the OL, RB and WR. If Haener played in the SEC or Big Ten against better competition than at Fresno, he probably could’ve been a top 5 pick.

To those of you who know rookie QBs simply don't have what it takes to succeed as a rookie, does the name Brock Purdy ring a bell? How did he do last year?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom