Have we seen the last of Taysom’s Joker role? (4 Viewers)

If he plays that this year we’re going to have to dress Trevor S. every week in case they both get hurt on the same play. I believe if he isn’t the starter in 2022 he will go somewhere else. That’s why he signed the contract that’s starting QB money or void and he’s a free agent.
which is fine since he is a 5 position depth chart in one player
his mediocre showing as a qb seems to have tainted the way a lot of fans value his ability

draft a rookie QB and let the rook and Trevor battle for the 3rd and send best wishes to the one who loses and suffers the devastating ACL booboo and gets IRed on the 2nd to last day of camp

Not trolling. I have a legit question.

I read a lot of posts where people just assume that Taysom will continue his Joker role, but I don’t think the answer is as clear as some may think. For one, even if Jameis wins the starter role, the Saints don’t have a number 3 on the same level as they’ve had the last 3 years. Maybe the Saints have a lot more confidence in Trevor Seimian than I do? I don’t know. I think it’s more likely that his role is more like when Teddy was in for Drew.

And, I think it would be an unfair QB competition if Jameis is focused 100% on the QB role while Taysom still has to learn multiple positions. So, I think that Taysom will also be 100% focused on playing QB during the offseason.

And, if you look at the contracts, there is a good chance that the Saints lose Taysom next year if he’s not the starting QB. Yes, they can renegotiate Taysom’s contract, but if he wants to play QB and not TE then he could force the Saints to cut him and try a new team. Thoughts?

Taysom is our starting QB until further notice.

i think it's pretty much the exact opposite - he's 'ok' in the RPO, but could be an all-pro as a 'football player'
AK is a matchup nightmare for his quickness/elusiveness, Taysom is a matchup nightmare with speed/strength

He's not a "match up nightmare".

I don’t know about this dude.... you have watched Taysom Hill play right? If you don’t see the element that he brings to the offense when he’s out there (in any capacity), then I don’t what to tell you.

I have an opinion of Taysom which is not necessarily reflected in the argument I am putting forth. I personally want to see him be the staring QB next season. I am sure people will reply that he can't play QB in the NFL, and that he fumbles too much; more on that in a bit.

But this so dubbed "joker" position, it is just a gimmick. Sure, it is cool and exciting to see this one guy do all these things, and hear the announcers say "the Saints have a QB doing this and that", but jack of all trades, master of none. The Saints have better ball runners and better ball catchers/route runners than Taysom. He doesn't bring anything special to running the ball or catching passes, other than the excitement of "having a QB doing this and that". Again, other players on the roster can run the ball better and catch the ball/run routes better than Taysom.

The true value of Taysom, x's and o's wise, is that he can run the ball from the QB position, and substitute a position in a pinch.

But then, if you (the generic you) don't think he can play QB (pass the ball effectively), and he fumbles too much, then why would you want to see him running the ball, or catching passes, or throwing the ball?

Not trolling. I have a legit question.

I read a lot of posts where people just assume that Taysom will continue his Joker role, but I don’t think the answer is as clear as some may think. For one, even if Jameis wins the starter role, the Saints don’t have a number 3 on the same level as they’ve had the last 3 years. Maybe the Saints have a lot more confidence in Trevor Seimian than I do? I don’t know. I think it’s more likely that his role is more like when Teddy was in for Drew.

And, I think it would be an unfair QB competition if Jameis is focused 100% on the QB role while Taysom still has to learn multiple positions. So, I think that Taysom will also be 100% focused on playing QB during the offseason.

And, if you look at the contracts, there is a good chance that the Saints lose Taysom next year if he’s not the starting QB. Yes, they can renegotiate Taysom’s contract, but if he wants to play QB and not TE then he could force the Saints to cut him and try a new team. Thoughts?
No one is breaking the door down for Taysom!!! He could've been had last year.

I don't think anyone is foolish enough to sign him as a starting QB. But, I could see someone giving him a contract to come in as a backup with a chance to compete for a starting role. Personally, I like him in the Joker role.

And, I'm not convinced that the Saints see Jameis as a significantly better option. If Jameis light it up against the Niners, do the Saints still put in a lesser QB and risk losing just because CSP made a promise to Taysom? I'm not buying that.
Did Teddy light it up against the rams? NO!

No one is breaking the door down for Taysom!!! He could've been had last year.

Only if they were willing to give up starter money and a 1st round pick. We tendered him at the first round level. Jameis could've been had for no compensation two years in a row. That got him 1mil last year and 5mil this year.

If SP wanted him to be the qb, the job would be his...there's no qb battle.

Except for the fact that when the job was open w/ Brees out, it was Hill (not Jameis) that got the nod.

Now both players are essentially on a 1 year deal for next season... so there’s absolutely going to be a QB competition.

Only if they were willing to give up starter money and a 1st round pick. We tendered him at the first round level. Jameis could've been had for no compensation two years in a row. That got him 1mil last year and 5mil this year.

It’s possible “I’m Him” is “Jameis 1 of 1”

Dude is a blind Winston supporter

Cant evaluate Jameis on the SF game. We had a lead and their offense is terrible. All we had to do was avoid mistakes. Plus he hadn’t practiced all week with the 1s.

Taysom had four weeks where he practiced with the 1s and showed why he isn’t a starting QB in the NFL.
Heck with four weeks Taysom has been in Saints system for 4 years. By that time you should have offense mastered.

I have an opinion of Taysom which is not necessarily reflected in the argument I am putting forth. I personally want to see him be the staring QB next season. I am sure people will reply that he can't play QB in the NFL, and that he fumbles too much; more on that in a bit.

But this so dubbed "joker" position, it is just a gimmick. Sure, it is cool and exciting to see this one guy do all these things, and hear the announcers say "the Saints have a QB doing this and that", but jack of all trades, master of none. The Saints have better ball runners and better ball catchers/route runners than Taysom. He doesn't bring anything special to running the ball or catching passes, other than the excitement of "having a QB doing this and that". Again, other players on the roster can run the ball better and catch the ball/run routes better than Taysom.

The true value of Taysom, x's and o's wise, is that he can run the ball from the QB position, and substitute a position in a pinch.

But then, if you (the generic you) don't think he can play QB (pass the ball effectively), and he fumbles too much, then why would you want to see him running the ball, or catching passes, or throwing the ball?

My one thought about your assumption, outside of the QB debate, is that we have 1 (one) WR that is better than Dozer (household nickname), and we have 1 (one) RB that is better than him.... and the are both exceptionally freakin phenomenal players at those positions. What Taysom has done in the Joker role should not be downplayed. No other player that has done anything similar in the history of the NFL, has come close to doing it as well as Dozer does it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom