House of the Dragon teaser trailer (GoT prequel) (2 Viewers)

I'm not sure that solves the issue

1) If it was well known he was loyal to Daemon, enough that he could pose a threat to Alicent, what is he still doing as a sergeant in the City Watch

2) If the gate guards are going to recognize him, why wouldn't the guards in the keep?

And another question, if he was often in the keep, why would he not know who Aemond was on sight?
The City Watch guards King's Landing not the Red Keep, he has no business at the Keep. The rat catcher was enlisted to help because neither of them would be able to take Aemond 1v1. In any case, Daemon soliciting this duo for an assassination attempt was just a plot device by GRRM to escalate this matter into a full blown war.

Cregan Stark seems 100x smarter than his descendants. Have to wonder how long before we see the patented Stark blunder lol.

Which is funny because I really enjoyed it.
We learned nothing new, the story pretty much stood still from episode 1.

Alicent Hightower - Alicent Hightower...duh
Otto Hightower - wanna be puppet master...duh
Christan Cole - P-whipped, sucker for love *** trick...duh
Daemon, Aegon II & Aemond T - Loss the flip of the Targaryen coin...duh

I expected them to show more progression of the story considering this was a 68min episode.

I expected them to show more progression of the story considering this was a 68min episode.
I dunno. That scene between Ageon II, Otto and Christian was pretty solid imo. I mean, killing the ratcatchers because unbridled vengeance is quite the Targaryen thing to do.

And Otto's response was good. I enjoyed that whole exchange.

The fight between the twins over Rhaenyra was good and Ser Arryk eating his sword after killing his brother was shocking, but i totally understood why he did that.

Alicient with I can't recall her name riding in the procession was interesting and the fear they had when they got stuck was palpable.

I dunno, i get why some might think it was meh, but I do like a slow burn.

Last edited:

All of those things informed the action of the episode.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom