Hugo Chavez Dead (1 Viewer)

Picture or we cant agree or refute this statement

Posted from Saintsreport.com App for Android

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7kTPviDhfHg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's okay mate - I lived in the capitalist playground of the Caribbean for the best part of a decade and used to drive past bare-foot women queueing for the water standpipe to be turned on for an hour a day while the guy in the hacienda next door used to water his plants with an always on sprayer.

No one is saying that Venezuela is a paradise. I have been there and I know it's not. I simply wish to create some balance in assessing the life of Hugo Chavez. He was fairly elected. He cared about the poor and disenfranchised and he did a lot to promote a measure of social improvement for those who normally get ignored in Latin America.

Insulting his mother and celebrating his death is beneath you.

Who is insulting his mother? It's a common expresion used in latin american dialect to describe a jerk.

Like I pointed out in the CCC toll thread, and as Joseph Stallin said:
"It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything."

Who is insulting his mother? It's a common expresion used in latin american dialect to describe a jerk.

"It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything."

Well we all saw how Pedro Carmona was 'democratically elected' for the weekend....and I think we all that Richard Nixon pretty much summed up the US attitude to Latin America when he said: 'No one gives a **** about the place'...or the people, or the inequality.

I do.

Well we all saw how Pedro Carmona was 'democratically elected' for the weekend....and I think we all that Richard Nixon pretty much summed up the US attitude to Latin America when he said: 'No one gives a **** about the place'...or the people, or the inequality.

I do.

I was actually there for that. I wasn't there in 92' when Chavez did the exact same thing with operation Zamora, but it was essentially the exact same thing, so said the people down there that I spoke with. I care for the place, hence the reason I am looking forward to the next few months to see what direction things go in.

DK, I believe that his first wife and child are in Miami now (since they were divoriced). The other kids and his current mujer, I don't know where they are, but they should be safe.

I was actually there for that. I wasn't there in 92' when Chavez did the exact same thing with operation Zamora, but it was essentially the exact same thing, so said the people down there that I spoke with. I care for the place, hence the reason I am looking forward to the next few months to see what direction things go in.

Chavez took responsibility for it, called off the assault to prevent a pointless bloodbath, served his time in prison and pledged his support for democracy.

IIRC Carmona dissolved the constitution, sacked the attourney general, launched a programme of violent repression, then realising his situation was as hopeless as Chavez's in 1992 he looted the contents of the safe and fled to Miami.

Not sure it was quite the same tbh

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7kTPviDhfHg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jesus. I don't think you can actually make a wrong decision. Just so much to love about each girl representing their country. On one hand the Columbian women are slightly, almost unnoticeable to the trained eye, darker. It exudes that sexiness; compliments long dark beautiful hair and enticing eyes. The Venezuelan women have the same features yet have lighter eyes which just keep me in a trance. It's almost like the direct tv genie girl, when her commercial comes on and she makes that little pouty face with the lips and eyes my mind goes blank. She doesn't just have that effect on me either, my son is 5 and he just lost all motor controlled and dropped a full drink when the commercial came on.

Between this and the times you have called him a dictator, you seem to believe he was not democratically elected. I admittedly do not know much at all about Venezuela but find it interesting. I'm curious to your thoughts on this:

For the record:

Fair elections

There was nothing remotely suspicious about the integrity of the 2012 Venezuelan general election.

Former US President Jimmy Carter who was part of a panel of impartial international observers monitoring the freedom and fairness of the election called the Venezuelan Presidential system ‘the best in the world.’

The election was hailed as an example of democracy in action and the panel reported that candidates on both sides had ‘confidence in the integrity of the process.’

Given what happened in Florida a few years ago, Venezuela could probably teach the US a few lessons in free and fair elections.

Genuine democracy

More than 8 out of every 10 adult Venezuelans voted – a turnout that shames most western nations where apathy rules because the parties all represent the same vested interest groups.

To Chavez’s enormous credit he did much to turn Venezuela into a true democracy, empowering the poor of the barrios to register to vote and exercise their power as citizens to choose their own government – rather than have it chosen for them by others as has historically been the case.

Under Chavez’s rule, the number of voters rose by 8 million as the poor and disenfranchised finally took up their constitutional rights to elect a government.

Do you have something to refute this claim or is it just a feeling you have based on your experiences?

Was he elected? Yes. There really isn't anything to argue whether there was an election or not. There was.

I am commenting more from experience, but there are plenty who are claiming (more eloquently) that he did more harm for democracy than good.
Hugo Chavez Dead at 58: Good Riddance! - The Daily Beast
Chavez
Chavez empowered the poor, divided a nation - CNN.com
and so on.

Interesting side note:

Always nice to see members of Congress mourning dictators:

Hugo Chavez was a leader that understood the needs of the poor. He was committed to empowering the powerless.R.I.P. Mr. President.

&#8212; Jose E. Serrano (@RepJoseSerrano) March 5, 2013

Not to pry any more but do you guys work out of Maracaibo, or Cabimas, or Caracas?

I used to travel by that compound where the america workers live and the only person protected better than them was the President of Venezuela.

No worries. We fly in to Maracaibo but the offices are in Ojeda. I'm not sure about the actual field locations, I have yet to go down there. We were scheduled in October of last year but there was advice for us to postpone.

No worries. We fly in to Maracaibo but the offices are in Ojeda. I'm not sure about the actual field locations, I have yet to go down there. We were scheduled in October of last year but there was advice for us to postpone.

Ojeda. That is one of the hottest places in the world.

There is a hot little place called Mini Grande, where when you walk oil comes up from the ground.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom