I believe we are in a win win situation (3 Viewers)

I believe we are in a win win situation right now. I say that because if we win the NFC South no matter how bad/weak in may be it’s a ticket to the playoffs. If it means keeping Allen another season so be it. Now if we don’t win the division then I believe Loomis/ Benson have no choice but to fire Allen and his staff. So that’s why I say it and believe it. Either way I will be happy.

It’ll likely be against Dallas unless a bunch of stuff happens, they’d beat us something like 41-13 lol. They aren’t SB contenders yet I don’t think, but they’re light years better than us and their defensive front would kill us
Yea we aren’t coming close to competing with Dallas. Philly maybe but not Dallas. Dallas is too balanced. We’re looking like bullet riddled Swiss cheese, a little bit.

Team Goals:
#1. Make The Playoffs
#2. Win The Division
#3. Win The NFC Championship
#4. Win The Super Bowl

If you don't reach goals 1 or 2 it's impossible to reach goals 3 or 4.

The Saints haven't reached the playoffs since the 2020 season. There are players on the team that haven't been in a playoff game in 3 years. There are young players on the team in their 3rd year or less that haven't played in a playoff game yet. I'm sure they all want that opportunity. That's the point.

Win or lose in the playoffs is part of the experience. A close loss or a blowout loss equals the same thing, elimination from the playoffs, nothing more and nothing less. Only 1 team out of 32 hoists the big trophy at the end of the day. Getting into the tournament is goal #1.

You cant win the lottery without buying a ticket either. This overly simplistic view just doesnt take, anything really, into consideration.

Weak schedule, Weak division does not make a contender. It prolongs mediocrity more than anything else. It sets you back another year. Its a mirage. You want to give your players a chance? Give them a decent Head Coach. This team should be 8-4 at worst. Give any decent HC this roster, this schedule and this division and we might have already locked up the division. The guy under the headset is the problem.

If we win the division and get blasted in the wild card round by Philly or Dallas, and Allen gets fired, lets do that. But Loomis is so hell bent on not admitting his mistakes that a playoff game is going to get Allen another year regardless of the outcome.

You cant win the lottery without buying a ticket either. This overly simplistic view just doesnt take, anything really, into consideration.

Weak schedule, Weak division does not make a contender. It prolongs mediocrity more than anything else. It sets you back another year. Its a mirage. You want to give your players a chance? Give them a decent Head Coach. This team should be 8-4 at worst. Give any decent HC this roster, this schedule and this division and we might have already locked up the division. The guy under the headset is the problem.

If we win the division and get blasted in the wild card round by Philly or Dallas, and Allen gets fired, lets do that. But Loomis is so hell bent on not admitting his mistakes that a playoff game is going to get Allen another year regardless of the outcome.
Your lottery analogy is the simplistic view, however you got something right. You can't win if you don't buy a ticket. The Saints are just trying to get a ticket, professionals trying to do their jobs in this case with the intention of making the playoffs.

We all know about the weak schedule. Nothing can be done in-season regarding a coaching change that will improve the team this season. Ugly as she may be, you gotta dance with the one you brung.

We don't know if the Saints will or won't win the division or make it as a wildcard yet or not. Anything less than striving for those goals would be mutiny.

Making the playoffs is the first goal of every NFL team. What happens after that may or may not have an impact on the future of the HC, be it warranted.

Next year will come soon enough. We don't know what Loomis will do period. For now, the Saints still have opportunities in front of them. Just win!

If you were having a down year and struggling in your business, would you throw in the towel and tank the remainder of the year or fight to the end?

Asking for a friend.

Last edited:
In the history of the NFL there are 10 coaches in the Super Bowl era with a worse record than Dennis Allen, and none of those 10 saw a 6th season as a HC.

In contrast, there are 184 coaches with a better record than Allen.

I like our chances to damn near close our eyes and point at a bunch of random people in a room and they could perform better than Allen.

50/50 is some kind of joke.
Nice job quoting half a sentence. Odds we get both a better coach AND qb is 50/50 in my opinion.

Last edited:
Nice job quoting half a sentence. Odds we get both a better coach and qb is 50/50 in my opinion.

Right, right. A bottom of the barrel HC and a QB no one in 2 NFL cities can stand. Seems 50/50. Definitely seems 50/50.

If you were having a down year and struggling in your business, would you throw in the towel and tank the remainder of the year or fight to the end?

You would fire people in management who are continually make bad decisions and is the reason your business is struggling. You wouldnt keep a well known, well proven liability on your payroll to lead your business. Dennis Allen has failed nearly 70% of the time in your business. Thats where you start fixing your business. You start with known failure.

Because if you dont, you will struggle next year....again. We are trying to fix the holes in the ship. Youre asking your players to dock, and go back out to sea knowing their holes in the ship. They know as well as anyone they are being handicapped by the headset.

So fine, you want to get blasted by Philly in the wild card round to feel better about things, thats great. But Allen has to go afterwards. The only thing I dont want is Allen returning.

Right, right. A bottom of the barrel HC and a QB no one in 2 NFL cities can stand. Seems 50/50. Definitely seems 50/50.
Again I’m not saying we will are should keep either. Just saying that everyone wanting to tank like it’s some god given guarantee that we improve is dreaming. Look at the history of drafts and coach hires. I would rather play the games win or lose and then let the chips fall. That way if we don’t have a better coach and qb next year, at least we may have made the playoffs this year. Division champs and playoffs this year and sucking next year is better than losing out this year and sucking next year.

Just off the top of my head I can think of the bears, cards, and panthers that hired new coaches and draft QBs really high. And they still suck. We have to hit on those picks and hires and I don’t think it’s anywhere near a lock that we do.

I'm not here to defend Allen or advocate keeping him beyond this year but I am all for winning every time the Saints play. Hopefully that will be enough this year to make the playoffs and who knows what from there?

Tanking or not for draft position? How Unprofessional. These players and coaches are not only playing for their jobs today but also their future.

We don't have to look far back in time to cite an example.

All Houston had to do last year in their final game was to lose and the were guaranteed the 1st pick in the draft.

Entering their final game of the year with a 2-13-1 record, their lame duck Head Coach Lovie Smith went all chips in for the win, and by winning that game it cost the Texans the 1st pick in the 2023 draft.

Smith ultimately was fired and replaced by DeMeco Ryans. Chicago traded the 1st pick to Carolina who used it to pick QB Bryce Young who has struggled mightily.

Relegated to the 2nd pick, the Texans chose C.J. Stroud. Stroud is a shoe in for Rookie of the Year and is also a candidate for league MVP. Ryans is a candidate for Coach of the Year.

What this example tells us is not to worry about tomorrow. Win today! There are no guarantees of tomorrow. Coaches are hired to be fired. They come and go, usually in a short period of time. The Draft is a crap shoot even when the odds are in your favor. For every Payton Manning there's a Ryan Leaf.

And the other side of the coin is that we help the other teams by giving them early draft picks. I say force one of the other losers to win the division and we focus on a draft pick. But no more small school physical defensive ends. Do not let the guy who chose Turner and Davenport any where near the first round choices.
It's the same person (s) that drafted Kamara, Lattimor, Ramczyk, McCoy, Adebo, Breese, Alonte Taylor, Werner, Hendrickson, MT, Von Bell, Kaden Ellis, Marcus Williams.

Yeah, don't listen to anything they have to say.

The only reason Davenport is a miss is because of injuries.

It's the same person (s) that drafted Kamara, Lattimor, Ramczyk, McCoy, Adebo, Breese, Alonte Taylor, Werner, Hendrickson, MT, Von Bell, Kaden Ellis, Marcus Williams.Yeah, don't listen to anything they have to say.The only reason Davenport is a miss is because of injuries.
It's the same person (s) that drafted Kamara, Lattimor, Ramczyk, McCoy, Adebo, Breese, Alonte Taylor, Werner, Hendrickson, MT, Von Bell, Kaden Ellis, Marcus Williams.

Yeah, don't listen to anything they have to say.

The only reason Davenport is a miss is because of injuries.
Is it the same guy who let Hendricks go and promoted DA?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom