"I Want The Gas Pedal Down!" (57 Viewers)

If we were healthy we can beat probably anyone in the league. Unfortunately that’s not the case, but I just have this weird feeling like we can pull this one out. Denver just doesn’t impress me. Their defense is cool to watch, but their offense is brutal. My only concern, like our last game, is we let there’s no name dudes have their first catch, their first TD, their breakout games. That is always highly frustrating.
Oh I am the same. Broncos are a 1.5 point favorite now. Saints opened originally as a 3.5 point favorite.

I still think it's a very winnable game and would be disappointed if we lost. It would be a big loss since I do not expect us to beat the Chargers next week.

He quit for a reason
He quit as a way to elude consequences for tampering (Miam/Tom Brady).

(General statement for the thread & not directed at you): He got his revenge. Left us in cap hell, without a real coach & a QB who (while a GOAT) was 1-2 years beyond what he should have played and now look what we are stuck with.

Love him for the good years but he’s still not off the hook for ending things the way he did.

That being said, I hope he annihilates this team. Not because I wish bad upon the players or fans but because a complete disaster of a season may be the only chance we have at firing Dennis Allen.

Oh I am the same. Broncos are a 1.5 point favorite now. Saints opened originally as a 3.5 point favorite.

I still think it's a very winnable game and would be disappointed if we lost. It would be a big loss since I do not expect us to beat the Chargers next week.
The Bucs loss was big enough. So was Atlanta.

That Atlanta game was the kind of game, that makes players question their HC. I’ve said it numerous times, losing becomes infectious and a HC must know how to correct it.
There’s only been a handful of games where a team scored 24 points and held their opponent’s offense out of the end zone and still lost. Likewise with a team losing despite three interceptions and a punt return for a touchdown.

Should have let him go and started rebuilding after 2022. Instead Dennis Allen has established his “team culture,” and it’s a culture of losing.

Last edited:
He's going to offer those guys an extra game off over the mini bye if they whip us and that will be all the motivation they need.

That Atlanta game was the kind of game, that makes players question their HC. I’ve said it numerous times, losing becomes infectious and a HC must know how to correct it.
That is the thing. I expect him to correct it just in time to secure 8 or 9 wins again this season. More of the same "Man, we were close" nonsense

I expect us to start a quiet winning streak after the Denver game

You cannot tell me that Sean Payton and the Broncos are not out for a revenge, retribution, “I told you so”, stick it in your face type of game this Thursday night. Sean “smells blood in the water” and he is going to pounce on it. And I mean hard. And on national television. Sure, he'll say all the right things for media sake but deep down, this guy wants to embarrass Mickey Loomis and the Saints.

We all know Sean Payton and his tendencies and pettiness. He is going to pull out all the stops on this game. And deservedly so. We can all speculate and think we know what reasons there were for his exit but we will never know. Couple that with 22 former Saints players, coaches and scouts who are now on the Broncos! Think about it. Who wouldn’t want revenge on their former employer? And with the Saints reeling with injuries and a Dennis Allen led group?? Payton is licking his chops on this one not to mention all the former Saints coming back in the Dome. I would venture to guess that they want revenge more than he does. Payton will do everything in his power to get as many former Saints players in the end zone as well. They know a Dennis Allen defense! They know his thought process, or lack thereof. I’m not sold on Klint Kubiak yet either. He was the shiny new toy coming in and looked great but the shine is gone. He has not adjusted. Hell, the Chiefs threw four tight ends on one play against the Saints due to their lack of depth at wide receiver….and it worked! The Saints? Oh, just throw it up for an interception.

The Saints are down. They are a demoralized team. You couple all the injuries with the losing and then have the best coach New Orleans has ever seen waltz into the building with bravado and bluster? And with players who were on a Sean Payton led team like Kamara, Davis, Lattimore who see what the Saints were and where the Saints are now? Yeah, good luck getting any type of morale back.

This is going to be an ugly, ugly game and I fully expect the Broncos to flirt with if not get 50+ points in this game.

If I was Sean, I’d do it.

I didn’t realize just how many former Saints employees now call Denver home either.

Lil’Jordan Humphrey
Adam Trautman
Lucas Krull
Michael Burton
Calvin Throckmorton
Jordan Jackson
Malcolm Roach
Wil Lutz
A.T. Perry
Kwon Alexander

Sean Payton
Joe Vitt
Michael Wilhoite
Joe Lombardi
Pete Carmichael
Declan Doyle
John Morton
Zach Strief
Mike Westhoff
Chris Banjo
Dan Dalrymple
Cody Rager
Revenge for what? He left us.

That is the thing. I expect him to correct it just in time to secure 8 or 9 wins again this season. More of the same "Man, we were close" nonsense

I expect us to start a quiet winning streak after the Denver game
Can’t have a winning streak if there are not a lot of losing teams on our schedule.

Payton is gonna try to do petty stuff but the truth is that without Brees he can't capitalize on his motivational tactics anymore. He's a marginal coach these days with marginal talent.

But...we have Dennis Allen, so he can still kick our butt, and probably will.

The Bucs loss was big enough. So was Atlanta.
Of course, but not catastrophic. Not that losing to the broncos is catastrophic, it just would be a big loss with a likely loss on deck.

We were never supposed to be in the game with Tampa with our current roster. No matter what we think. Not to mention it got significantly worse health wise as the game progressed.

The Atlanta loss will end up costly

Of course, but not catastrophic. Not that losing to the broncos is catastrophic, it just would be a big loss with a likely loss on deck.

We were never supposed to be in the game with Tampa with our current roster. No matter what we think. Not to mention it got significantly worse health wise as the game progressed.

The Atlanta loss will end up costly
It was all sunshine & lollipops in the second quarter, I thought?

It was all sunshine & lollipops in the second quarter, I thought?
Yea we had a nice little run where we were fortunate and gift wrapped some short fields.

And hey, if Means doesn’t fumble we were getting points on the opening drive of the 2H and who knows how it goes. Because let’s face it, the Bucs are very flawed too.

But missing most of your OL, your best receiver, your QB, both your safeties, your RB is playing with significant injuries, etc etc. it’s a long shot that you’ll win that game to begin with

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom